The Grand Hero Battle or the Knee: Walhart

SatsumaFSoysoy

Walhart, Conqueror of Valm, challenges us!

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

UisUmN7.png

Infernal

Spoiler

VIRvb5t.png

Infernal Enemy Stats

Walhart

Spoiler

HP: 66
Atk: 56
Spd: 30
Def: 43
Res: 17

Weapon: Wolf Berg
Assist: 
Special: Luna (charged)

A: Grani Shield
B: Chill Def 3
C: Atk Smoke 3

Red Mage (Excellus!)

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 44
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 36

Weapon: Bolganone+
Assist: 
Special: Iceberg

A: Fortress Res 3
B: Vantage 3
C: Spd Ploy 3

Blue Mage

Spoiler

Atk: 52
Spd: 40
Def: 17
Res: 26

Weapon: Thoron+
Assist: Rally Def/Res
Special: 

A: Life and Death 3
B: Swordbreaker 3
C: Res Tactic 3

Axe Armor (Cervantes!)

Spoiler

HP: 76
Atk: 56
Spd: 17
Def: 44
Res: 21

Weapon: Slaying Axe+
Assist: 
Special: Aegis

A: Svalinn Shield
B: Wary Fighter 3
C: Panic Ploy 3

Sword Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 55
Spd: 30
Def: 31
Res: 36

Weapon: Firesweep Sword+
Assist: 
Special: Sol

A: Fury 3
B: Seal Res 3
C: Atk Tactic 3

Green Manakete

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 49
Spd: 33
Def: 32
Res: 31

Weapon: Water Breath+
Assist: 
Special: Aegis

A: Death Blow 3
B: Shield Pulse 3
C: Res Ploy 3

Reinforcements

Killing Cervantes (Axe Armor)

Soldier

Spoiler

Atk: 47
Spd: 34
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Harmonic Lance+
Assist: 
Special: Glimmer

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Guard 3
C: Threaten Def 3

Green Mage

Spoiler

Atk: 45
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Gronnraven+
Assist: 
Special: Growing Wind

A: Triangle Adept 3
B: Poison Strike 3
C: Res Smoke 3

Thief

Spoiler

HP: 50
Atk: 43
Spd: 42
Def: 15
Res: 35

Weapon: The Cleaner+
Assist: 
Special: Reprisal

A: Death Blow 3
B: Vantage 3
C: Threaten Atk 3

Killing Excellus (Red Mage)

Blue Mage Knight

Spoiler

HP: 45
Atk: 53
Spd: 28
Def: 18
Res: 39

Weapon: Thoron+
Assist: 
Special: Iceberg

A: Atk/Res 2
B: Quick Riposte 3
C: Atk Ploy 3

Mercenary

Spoiler

Atk: 48
Spd: 34
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Safeguard+
Assist: 
Special: Escutcheon

A: Brazen Atk/Spd 3
B: Dull Close 3
C: Savage Blow 3

Bow Knight

Spoiler

HP: 55
Atk: 50
Spd: 24
Def: 27
Res: 25

Weapon: Guard Bow+
Assist: 
Special: Moonbow

A: Bracing Stance 2
B: Pass 3
C: Drive Def 2

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategy

- Since only the two "commanders" Cervantes (Axe armor) and Excellus (Red mage) spawn reinforcements, pace yourself with that knowledge. Alternatively, you can kill both on turn 1 with the right setup, and eliminate as much reinforcements as possible to prepare for Walhart, if he's your main concern.

- An Axebreaker Red mage will trivialize the two biggest problems on the map.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Already defeated all three difficulties. Defeated Hard and Lunatic with a cavalry team of Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and B!Lyn. Infernal gave me a tough time but I managed it with a team of A!Tiki, Nowi, PA!Azura and Delthea. Had to equip Delthea with Miracle and the Heavy Blade seal so she survives the bow cavalry after dealing with the other sword units on the left.

Kind of disappointed that Chill Defense is locked at 5 stars so I have to waste 20,000 feathers on Walhart if I want to pass the skill to other unit...oh well.

Too tired to try and make a video right now. Curse my zero motivation. Hero Team trivialized this map...well mostly Micaiah and Lucius. I kinda' wanna try an Awakening themed clear for this. There's just so many possibilities. I wonder if I could get my Sully up to snuff in time...

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

This one really was tough. Having to play perfectly in order to not let any other unit be hit made me bang my head a ton. I was about to give up when the unsung heroic skill came into my mind. Pass is a huge niche of a skill but this time it is the MVP. Without further ado, enjoy. 

@Alexmender Damn, Pass. Have you used Obstruct before yet?

Took a little while to figure out the reinforcements. The Red Mage with Bolganone is likely a nod to Excellus, who has that same tome, and the Ploy suits him. Cervantes was also an axe-wielding General, but he had a Tomahawk in Awakening. I like these little nods.

I'll get a video up later.

Took down Infernal Walhart blind (didn't play Lunatic or Hard beforehand) and on first try. Infernal Walhart couldn't stop The Reinhardt from ORKOing him.

It's the usual ReinLyn + 2 dancers combo. PA Azura almost died to the green manakete. Cancel Affinity would've been great on Brave Lyn for that TA3 Gronnraven+ mage though she handled the mage fine with dancer support (I had swapped out Cancel Affinity for Chill Spd).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Walhart has been conquered by my team of kat/neph/genny/PA Azura, I wasn't aware that killing the axe armour and the red mage spawned reinforcements and I had summoned all of them by turn 3 and then swiftly put them down  

i would argue and say this is finally a GHB map on the level of Valter! and i like it. Obviously you can be cheap and cheese it with Horse emblem, but where is the fun in that!

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Such a great map on a travel day, oof. Will solve this riddle later. 

Are those defensive tiles in the middle?

No, the floor tiles just look kinda fancy.

@Hilda I think it's up there with Valter and Takumi, but I don't quite think it reaches Valter's level.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

This map was cool, though it would have been nice if they put more detail like Walhart's throne, ect. I used Micaiah, Sanaki, Nohr Azura, and Fae. I had to time the specials right as well. The little ninja lurking around made things interesting.

Took some thinking, but on the bright side Linde's Refine is finally coming into use!

For a while, what hung me up was the Bow Cav who spawns after Excellus is killed, because I didn't realize Lilina could survive his attack. Once I learned the fact though, the entire GHB became a simple trick of the hand.

Lilina is +Atk -Spd, Linde is +Atk -Def, BB!Ninian is +Atk -Def, and Nanna is +Atk -Def.

Spoiler

This is also the first time I recorded a video in a long time, and I wanted to see how the video would look with Battle Animations on. So apologies if the video feels too long for a simple GHB clear.

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

For a while, what hung me up was the Bow Cav who spawns after Excellus is killed, because I didn't realize Lilina could survive his attack. Once I learned the fact though, the entire GHB became a simple trick of the hand.

You needed more FAITH.

@mampfoid

Add “Cervantes” to the list of enemies I dislike. I got so lucky on this one, stat-wise.

I had to break out Peri...I was hoping to save her until Takumi came back, but the enemy spacing here was not being cooperative.

I’ll figure somerthing out for the only Caeda fights clear later.

Edited by LordFrigid

Probably the most difficult GHB that I've faced ever since I became much better at clearing content on my own. Takuroach is too damn adorable with Skadi on this map

I needed to give Genny and Axura ally support so that I could deal a measly one extra damage to beat this map. Took me 5 pots just to grind to S. 

A lot of wings of mercy was used on this map

29 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

Add “Cervantes” to the list of enemies I dislike. I got so lucky on this one, stat-wise.

I had to break out Peri...I was hoping to save her until Takumi came back, but the enemy spacing here was not being cooperative.

I’ll figure somerthing out for the only Caeda fights clear later.

Hey that was cool. I knew I needed 2 EP kills, but the idea to Reposition Roy into the dragons range was brilliant. 

Now the biggest challenge will be to make my clear not look like yours. ^^

Edited by mampfoid

I swear that I clear this map very early but I can't remember what have I done in the first clear so I tried everthing again and it's not the same way with my very first clear.

@Zeo @mcsilas @kirauza343 @mampfoid I'm very sorry to all 4 of you that I didn't comment on your clear in the Elise & Leo battle. I'm a little more busy than before. Anyways, I have dropped my clear here so I hope you guys enjoys it as always, Cheers!!

Walhart in One Turn:

First time all red, first time Eirika (@Alexmender), first time Armored Blow ( @mcsilas ) to survive Walharts Luna. Elincia now has got a nice -Blow collection (Armored, Death, Darting, Swift Sparrow) and also got a new C skill (Def ploy). Positioning was difficult this time, putting melee units in each corner and one of them using Firesweep is just evil. 

@Ginko All those reinforcements ... looks like fun ^^.

First I wondered why Roy would need Axebreaker, he couldn't quad the Knight because of his low speed. But one-rounding Walhart is a valid point. 

Shiro doesn't care about Chill DEF, he takes 0 damage from the Lance regardless. 

Nice one, congratulations! 

After two 1 and a half hours of attempting this with my flier team, I broke down and used Omni's Brave Archer guide for set-up. The enemies ended up moving around very differently due to my Takumi's miserable res stat, so I still ended up doing it on my own after the second turn. This really is one of the hardest GHBs though. And right before the Skadikumi rerun too.

Edited by Nanima