Legendary Hero Battle of God, White Sage - Tiki

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Poor Tiki did't even get a single hit in.

Wow, Vantage Raigh is a real survival artist in this one and even kills Tiki against WT! The last pain chip wasn't even necessary. 

Congrats, really cool clear again. 

41 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Thought I would have to wait another day for this, but I checked the math and managed it without refining the hammer. Probably burnt myself out grinding to get the feathers to promote a Bartre for that hammer, though...

Oh wow, if I think to that pain killing Tiki with Hector ... didn't even think about Slaying hammer then ... lol. 

That was one of the hardest and you've beaten it with the very same team again, big respect and congrats! Caeda killing that Sword guy was unlikely too, she even needed a defensive special on a defense tile!

Hope you don't need to delay other projects, your feather count is really low! 

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

But it's been a day and I don't think that's happening so here's Infernal

Bet you'll upload the Abyssal video tomorrow. :-)

Smart positioning in the beginning to get the best match-ups. Four effective damage against Myrrh was hilarious. 

Congrats. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Bet you'll upload the Abyssal video tomorrow. :-)

Smart positioning in the beginning to get the best match-ups. Four effective damage against Myrrh was hilarious. 

Congrats. 

Don't JINX IT~

Thanks, haha, Tiki's buffs make Myrrh pretty unkillable~

• 3 months later...

So I did actually try to make a clear with the birds for this and it turned out... not as bad as I thought? By far?

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster @kirauza343 @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @Azuris @ruruo @daisy jane

Music: Dark Colossus (Kaiju) - from Nier Automata

Tiki was the one true threat on this map. I thought with the barriers and somewhat limited space I would struggle more, but it didn't seem to be a problem. Holding my position and taking out the one fool to try sneaking in from the back wasn't much of a struggle at all, despite some close calls. I just took them all as they came and left Tiki for last. Now taking her out was a bit more difficult, someone needed to take her special to the face and live, and Naesala was the one person able to do it. After severe Res buffing and Atk Debuffing on Tiki. Once that was managed I still had Reyson get the kill, because that's what makes the world right. 

Now I am almost caught up entirely with the LHB and MHB Abyssals (*side-eyes Marth*). It does feel pretty amazing to have cleared such incredibly difficult maps on my own. Thank god for these birds, they really keep the fun in the game for me.

Until next time.~

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Now I am almost caught up entirely with the LHB and MHB Abyssals (*side-eyes Marth*). It does feel pretty amazing to have cleared such incredibly difficult maps on my own. Thank god for these birds, they really keep the fun in the game for me.

Glad you're sharing your fun. Birds keep sweeping, congrats! 

I thought the tight space would make it difficult for you, but the trenches kept stalling the reinforcements. Didn't think Naesala could tank Tiki, but he prepared her for Reyson just perfectly. 

Edited by mampfoid

On 6/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, Nanima said:

So I did actually try to make a clear with the birds for this and it turned out... not as bad as I thought? By far?

Music: Dark Colossus (Kaiju) - from Nier Automata

Tiki was the one true threat on this map. I thought with the barriers and somewhat limited space I would struggle more, but it didn't seem to be a problem. Holding my position and taking out the one fool to try sneaking in from the back wasn't much of a struggle at all, despite some close calls. I just took them all as they came and left Tiki for last. Now taking her out was a bit more difficult, someone needed to take her special to the face and live, and Naesala was the one person able to do it. After severe Res buffing and Atk Debuffing on Tiki. Once that was managed I still had Reyson get the kill, because that's what makes the world right. 

Until next time.~

Congratulations! A lot of these units had such high HP but the birbs were able to keep with the pressure. Naesala had a super close call but not only survived, but was in prime position to take out that annoying Troubadour. The hit and run tactics allowed them to all get healed up and deal with the enemies orderly as they clustered about near the end. Reyson was quite the hero tanking the Axe Cav! I knew when everyone gathered together in the center, it was time to do what had to be done~ Great teamwork with Naesala and Reyson and amazing clear on one of the hardest Abyssals!

I still have to beat it but I've been a bit lazy trying to get my Astra teams together XP Will give it a couple more attempts in the next couple of days~

On 6/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, mampfoid said:

Glad you're sharing your fun. Birds keep sweeping, congrats! 

I thought the tight space would make it difficult for you, but the trenches kept stalling the reinforcements. Didn't think Naesala could tank Tiki, but he prepared her for Reyson just perfectly. 

Thanks!

Yeah, I feared that as well, but it really wasn't too bad. Naesala is pretty tanky for a crow and so he held out even better than Reyson would have (granted the latter wasn't at full HP). I am glad things lined up as they did.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:53 AM, Landmaster said:

Congratulations! A lot of these units had such high HP but the birbs were able to keep with the pressure. Naesala had a super close call but not only survived, but was in prime position to take out that annoying Troubadour. The hit and run tactics allowed them to all get healed up and deal with the enemies orderly as they clustered about near the end. Reyson was quite the hero tanking the Axe Cav! I knew when everyone gathered together in the center, it was time to do what had to be done~ Great teamwork with Naesala and Reyson and amazing clear on one of the hardest Abyssals!

I still have to beat it but I've been a bit lazy trying to get my Astra teams together XP Will give it a couple more attempts in the next couple of days~

It's amazing how well the birbs keep up with Abyssal stats indeed. It all lined up pretty well and I am glad I was able to get as aggressive as I did. 

Hope you can still clear it by today, but if not the map will always be waiting for you. In a few months, I'm sure you'll have enough new power to make this look like a completely different fight. Best of luck to you.~

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Hope you can still clear it by today, but if not the map will always be waiting for you. In a few months, I'm sure you'll have enough new power to make this look like a completely different fight. Best of luck to you.~

In the nick of time, I was able to beat it last night!

@mampfoid

So this victory was not without a few casualties, namely my other Ethlyn for Spd/Def Bond and my last Panne for Def Smoke on Ares (though I was planning on giving it to him anyway). Ares also needed another Dragonflower for an extra attack point to one shot the Red Cavalier and Rally Spd/Res to keep Elise from dying to Tiki~

Spd/Def Bond was needed so that Elise would not be doubled when attacking Tiki and to have the Defense with Eirika's Spur Def to survive the Sword Cavalier thanks to being hit by the Trilemma right before the attack (because OFC of all Staves, she has that one). Also needed a Water Blessing for the extra HP, as well from Eirika. 

TBH, Eirika was kinda thrown on the team randomly to replace Keaton so Elise would be able to get the Def Tactic buffs. Sadly she didn't do much, but her Legendary boosts and being a Cav saved the run. 

Another bout of stalling at the end to get the positioning correct so I will not be offended at all if you just skip through that, but it was the best that we could do~

And with this, every Abyssal challenge has been completed and I didn't have to resort to using Armors (they weren't working anyway)~ Now, there's a select couple that I beat based on Guides and not really my own strategy (namely Eirika and Lyn) and while I recorded the Eirika clear since it was my first Abyssal clear and I deviated a bit from the Guide, I never recorded Lyn's since it wasn't my own strategy and was basically the same save for some units swapped out~ I don't think I'll have time to do my own runs for those maps this time but I will definitely be wanting to tackle them when they return!

@Landmaster That's the spirit, all resources for the favs clears! I know that feeling, we need more Pannes. 

Nice way to reach those mages behind the trenches, the following Vantage craziness was awesome. Didn't think this would work on Abyssal. 

The most astonishing thing was Elise surviving the attack of the sword flier while under the effect of trillemma. Also surviving Tiki's Bonfire was great, it marked the end of the baiting dance. 

Congrats, great clear! It's worth to revisit these maps, for they are the biggest fun remaining in this game. 

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

In the nick of time, I was able to beat it last night!

Woo congrats! That's a really nice team you assembled there. It was clear that they were up to par for this map. Seeing Summer Elise here was great, even though my heart stopped a bit every time she went near Tiki. haha Ares managed to go on a solo spree for a while, taking care of the reinforcements in the corridor to the right. Taking down Tiki was a very scary task and it took a while, but in the end you were triumphant. Elise and Nowi teaming up at the end was a great way to end things. Well done!

Edited by Nanima

On 6/2/2019 at 12:03 PM, Nanima said:

So I did actually try to make a clear with the birds for this and it turned out... not as bad as I thought? By far

Until next time.~

Cool. Tibarn really shredded through a lot and I was surprised to see Neasalla survive a hit from that roided up Tiki. Reyson secured to kill like usual of course while his sister did some nice mage tanking when needed.

Also fun to see all of my nightmare enemies falling easily from death by birds.

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

In the nick of time, I was able to beat it last night

And with this, every Abyssal challenge has been completed and I didn't have to resort to using Armors (they weren't working anyway)~ Now, there's a select couple that I beat based on Guides and not really my own strategy (namely Eirika and Lyn) and while I recorded the Eirika clear since it was my first Abyssal clear and I deviated a bit from the Guide, I never recorded Lyn's since it wasn't my own strategy and was basically the same save for some units swapped out~ I don't think I'll have time to do my own runs for those maps this time but I will definitely be wanting to tackle them when they return!

Unique team, although I bet you can't wait for summer to come so you can get rid of that nasty atk bane. Ares pulled of a daring move putting himself in range of a army of cavs. Nowi tanked a ton and Elise surviving against that immortal pegasus was something that surprised me. Tiki was a though nut to crack in the end, but you did expertly manouvre your team away from her.
--------------
I also cleared this run on the final day and boy did it take longer then I thought. I figured that after Yune and Delthea it would only be fitting if my kid team took care of Tiki too. After loads of good fodder, a lot of tries and my refususal to admit defeat I finally got it.

Lugh went with for a pacifist run time. Both because he HATED that peg and all those other reds roaming around, but also because he was busy buffing his buddies and debuffing his bullies.

Raigh could't wreck things anymore like he could on Infernal, but he still had some cavs to defeat along with doing some odd jobs here and there. He also needed to give his teammates a good shove which is not unfitting.

Newcomer FTiki's job was to eat the entire map. Double brazens, dc weapon and a Lugh buff made her a good choice for all those mages. She also got to take out herself.

Myrh was there for additional tanking. She was the only one not one shotted by that green hammer jerkass. 

@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy 

Also @eclipse and @Flying Shogi for my use of Lugh and Raigh

@Sasori I can only imagine how long it took to clear this map. Can't say armors would have been my first thought to take into an Abyssal map but you walked the path less trekked. Congrats! 

Tiki had a close call with the green mage but was able to survive because of Atk Feint.

How do you like +Spd Lugh?

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 6/6/2019 at 2:50 AM, mampfoid said:

@Landmaster That's the spirit, all resources for the favs clears! I know that feeling, we need more Pannes. 

Nice way to reach those mages behind the trenches, the following Vantage craziness was awesome. Didn't think this would work on Abyssal. 

The most astonishing thing was Elise surviving the attack of the sword flier while under the effect of trillemma. Also surviving Tiki's Bonfire was great, it marked the end of the baiting dance. 

Congrats, great clear! It's worth to revisit these maps, for they are the biggest fun remaining in this game. 

It almost didn't work. He was constantly 1 HP away from one shotting the Tome Cavalier without Def Smoke and a third Dragonflower. Dragonflowers are really a godsend when you just need the one extra stat to survive or kill something.

Yep, that was really a hard one to pull off, also should have noted the Keen Gronnwolf was a Def Refine to also help that survival. Tiki did perfect damage with Bonfire to oneshot her without the Water Blessing, too~ Overall was just a lot of close calls we just had to barely surive for the win~ Thanks!!

On 6/6/2019 at 10:17 AM, Nanima said:

Woo congrats! That's a really nice team you assembled there. It was clear that they were up to par for this map. Seeing Summer Elise here was great, even though my heart stopped a bit every time she went near Tiki. haha Ares managed to go on a solo spree for a while, taking care of the reinforcements in the corridor to the right. Taking down Tiki was a very scary task and it took a while, but in the end you were triumphant. Elise and Nowi teaming up at the end was a great way to end things. Well done!

Yeah, I had to end up being a bit reckless with Elise at times since hiding was interfering with out positioning for the reinforcements. Surviving that Sword Flier was probably the biggest task but somehow, we had enough at our disposal to get it done~ Thank you!

On 6/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, Sasori said:

Unique team, although I bet you can't wait for summer to come so you can get rid of that nasty atk bane. Ares pulled of a daring move putting himself in range of a army of cavs. Nowi tanked a ton and Elise surviving against that immortal pegasus was something that surprised me. Tiki was a though nut to crack in the end, but you did expertly manouvre your team away from her.
--------------
I also cleared this run on the final day and boy did it take longer then I thought. I figured that after Yune and Delthea it would only be fitting if my kid team took care of Tiki too. After loads of good fodder, a lot of tries and my refususal to admit defeat I finally got it.

Lugh went with for a pacifist run time. Both because he HATED that peg and all those other reds roaming around, but also because he was busy buffing his buddies and debuffing his bullies.

Raigh could't wreck things anymore like he could on Infernal, but he still had some cavs to defeat along with doing some odd jobs here and there. He also needed to give his teammates a good shove which is not unfitting.

Newcomer FTiki's job was to eat the entire map. Double brazens, dc weapon and a Lugh buff made her a good choice for all those mages. She also got to take out herself.

Myrh was there for additional tanking. She was the only one not one shotted by that green hammer jerkass. 

Oh you would not believe how much I'm waiting for those Summer reruns, haha! I've been saving some Orbs on the side for it for a couple months~ She's often 1-2 HP shy of some kills so it'll be a sweet relief to be rid of that but I'm glad she's worked fine up until now.

F!Tiki is such a beast, taking down most of the map on her own with some close calls, too. Lugh with his Rallying and Atk Feint was actually pretty handy to support her. Awesome Smite starts with Raigh, too! They may not have did as much killing as the Dragon Lolis but they came in with some clutch snipes in the back. The Rally Assist for the final kill was really satisfying, great clear~ Always nice to see Raigh and Lugh on Abyssals!

On 6/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, Sasori said:

Cool. Tibarn really shredded through a lot and I was surprised to see Neasalla survive a hit from that roided up Tiki. Reyson secured to kill like usual of course while his sister did some nice mage tanking when needed.

Also fun to see all of my nightmare enemies falling easily from death by birds.

Thanks. It's definitely nice being able to plough through most enemies so well on player phase. Enemy phase is dodgier for them, but we also get cool moments like you mentioned.

I also cleared this run on the final day and boy did it take longer then I thought.

The green twins had to take a step back today and let the dragon girls do most of the job. It's funny how those two solved almost all problems simply by standing there. The enemies did NOT have a good time with them. Of course the boys still helped secure kills via buffing and sniping. Overall a very good clear that showcases the power of dragons. haha

On 6/7/2019 at 12:52 AM, Flying Shogi said:

@Sasori I can only imagine how long it took to clear this map. Can't say armors would have been my first thought to take into an Abyssal map but you walked the path less trekked. Congrats! 

Tiki had a close call with the green mage but was able to survive because of Atk Feint.

How do you like +Spd Lugh?

Its probably longer then that😅 My FTiki killed the same enemies so many times that she's around 8000 sp now.

Yeah. Feint skills are kinda Niche, but they where pretty usefull in this run because Tiki could use every hp point.

I think its a very good boon. 41 speed after a speed refine means he reaches a very high speed naturally. I still need to give him some new tools to make sure he can really use that speed stat to the fullest. Something like res/speed bond or swift sparrow.

22 hours ago, Landmaster said:

It almost didn't work. He was constantly 1 HP away from one shotting the Tome Cavalier without Def Smoke and a third Dragonflower. Dragonflowers are really a godsend when you just need the one extra stat to survive or kill something.

Yep, that was really a hard one to pull off, also should have noted the Keen Gronnwolf was a Def Refine to also help that survival. Tiki did perfect damage with Bonfire to oneshot her without the Water Blessing, too~ Overall was just a lot of close calls we just had to barely surive for the win~ Thanks!!

Yeah, I had to end up being a bit reckless with Elise at times since hiding was interfering with out positioning for the reinforcements. Surviving that Sword Flier was probably the biggest task but somehow, we had enough at our disposal to get it done~ Thank you!

Oh you would not believe how much I'm waiting for those Summer reruns, haha! I've been saving some Orbs on the side for it for a couple months~ She's often 1-2 HP shy of some kills so it'll be a sweet relief to be rid of that but I'm glad she's worked fine up until now.

F!Tiki is such a beast, taking down most of the map on her own with some close calls, too. Lugh with his Rallying and Atk Feint was actually pretty handy to support her. Awesome Smite starts with Raigh, too! They may not have did as much killing as the Dragon Lolis but they came in with some clutch snipes in the back. The Rally Assist for the final kill was really satisfying, great clear~ Always nice to see Raigh and Lugh on Abyssals!

I've yet to play with Dragonflowers myself. Mostly out of lazyness actually. But good luck next summer banner. Here's hoping the desire sensor doesn't hit you and showers you with older brothers.

Raigh is almost unseen in Abyssals and Lugh is not the most popular pick so I agree that they are always a welcome sight in Abyssals. The dragon girls are far bigger powerhouses, but they could use all the support.

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

@Sasori Three out of four ain't bad, right?  Guess this wasn't Lugh's time to fight, even if his buffs/debuffs were a huge help.

Probably a better role for such a nice guy. I'll probably have him in another ghb/Lhb or two in the future since it took a lot of orbs to finally get a Lugh.

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Thanks. It's definitely nice being able to plough through most enemies so well on player phase. Enemy phase is dodgier for them, but we also get cool moments like you mentioned.

The green twins had to take a step back today and let the dragon girls do most of the job. It's funny how those two solved almost all problems simply by standing there. The enemies did NOT have a good time with them. Of course the boys still helped secure kills via buffing and sniping. Overall a very good clear that showcases the power of dragons. haha

It probably showcases the power of armours more. Or perhaps just dragon armours. But yeah they are naturally bulky on and their quick charging specials means they stay in good health easily. 

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

I think its a very good boon. 41 speed after a speed refine means he reaches a very high speed naturally.

I have a +Atk one but I personally leans towards +Spd in general because I'm of the opinion that I can always get more attack from specials.

Lugh buffing and debuffing helped his new strong company here. It even helped him to earn his share on Tikis one-shot of her legendary self. 

Tiki is very strong, great nature with +SPD.

Congrats, really original clear! 

• 2 months later...

Tagging @Integrity To toss this over to the War Room section. Much appreciated in advance!

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko @Alexmender @DLNarshen @NegativeExponents- @Nanima

Wasn't going to post anything today and recover for the rest of the day and take it easy until I have to work but this is just one clear so it's easy on me to post. We went ahead and revisited ol' Tiki. What I hated about the infernal clear was that I had to dance around Tiki the entire map and kite her at the end which is something I've never had to do with my Matthew team. I wanted to confront her directly this time around, and with Matt's true power unlocked I was able to do just that.

The biggest disappointment of this clear was that I wanted to oneshot Tiki. With a Spur ATK boost and Ignis Matt was able to get this beautiful 100% kill on her which was just magnificent. But unfortunately he wasn't able to survive the rest of the map without the healing from his signature Sol. So I had to forgo that amazing scenario. The real challenge was after Tiki to begin with. Had to be careful, particularly with the healer as if she healed twice then she'd Windfire Balm the Red dragon that spawns at the bottom of the map, enabling her to oneshot Ayra.

It wasn't something I should have been worried about though, all I had to do was not attack for the turn she spawned and I'd be fine. Matt may as well have been invincible once he was parked on that DEF tile. Anyways, this was a box I'd wanted to check for a long time. The other being Hrid, and here we are. Go.

We've crossed the halfway point now. I have 2 more full sets of LHB clears and a 2 clear finale with a bit of nostalgia attached. Then I'm done. Going to take a break though. Want to recover the rest of the way and since the work week starts again for me I'm going to take it easy. It'll give you guys some time to watch everything that's been posted up until now. The next LHB sets coming get pretty crazy so you definitely don't want to let them get lost in the shuffle.

For now, time to rest. Next set is coming sometime next week. Next weekend at the latest. Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

27 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Tagging @Integrity To toss this over to the War Room section. Much appreciated in advance!

some threads were bound to fall through the cracks. tossing and updating the directory. cheers! 👌

@Zeo Too bad about not being able to follow through on the Tiki one-shot, but even just engaging and taking her out enemy phase of turn 1 is impressive enough.  Taking her out early forces the sword flier that spawns at the top to take the long away around, giving you a little more breathing room to take out the other enemies.  ...Not that I think Matt would have had a problem with that, but still.

@Zeo Too bad about the one-shot, would have loved to see that. Still Matthew can attack tiki on her defense tile, dealing a lot of damage and live. That's more than most of my green units could do. 

The boss kill on enemy phase was great, pretty close call regarding her bold fighter. The rest of the foes seemed oddly outdated confronted to Matthew in all his debuffing glory. 

First I thought: Why vantage? Even with his new prf he can't one-shot everyone, but healing with sol before taking a hit helped him more than once. 

For me it's funny to see the AI using own daggers completely wrong, always attacking last. Can't they learn from Matthew? 

Congrats! 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:35 PM, Zeo said:

Wasn't going to post anything today and recover for the rest of the day and take it easy until I have to work but this is just one clear so it's easy on me to post. We went ahead and revisited ol' Tiki. What I hated about the infernal clear was that I had to dance around Tiki the entire map and kite her at the end which is something I've never had to do with my Matthew team. I wanted to confront her directly this time around, and with Matt's true power unlocked I was able to do just that.

The biggest disappointment of this clear was that I wanted to oneshot Tiki. With a Spur ATK boost and Ignis Matt was able to get this beautiful 100% kill on her which was just magnificent. But unfortunately he wasn't able to survive the rest of the map without the healing from his signature Sol. So I had to forgo that amazing scenario. The real challenge was after Tiki to begin with. Had to be careful, particularly with the healer as if she healed twice then she'd Windfire Balm the Red dragon that spawns at the bottom of the map, enabling her to oneshot Ayra.

It wasn't something I should have been worried about though, all I had to do was not attack for the turn she spawned and I'd be fine. Matt may as well have been invincible once he was parked on that DEF tile. Anyways, this was a box I'd wanted to check for a long time. The other being Hrid, and here we are. Go.

We've crossed the halfway point now. I have 2 more full sets of LHB clears and a 2 clear finale with a bit of nostalgia attached. Then I'm done. Going to take a break though. Want to recover the rest of the way and since the work week starts again for me I'm going to take it easy. It'll give you guys some time to watch everything that's been posted up until now. The next LHB sets coming get pretty crazy so you definitely don't want to let them get lost in the shuffle.

For now, time to rest. Next set is coming sometime next week. Next weekend at the latest. Cheers~

Ah, Tiki’s Abyssal. One of the most cancerous Abyssals we have. Good gosh it starts off hard on Matt right away. It was clutch for him to get the kill on the EP and that’s after tanking a Bonfire! Matt almost made this look like Infernal with how little he struggled after Tiki was gone. I would have thought you’d just plop him on the Defense tile but this was much more climactic. Next turn though, it was basically over. No one can hurt him on that tile. Everyone else goes down with little fuss