Rate the Unit: Day LVIII

Shin

Rules(Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

-Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning. Especially if your score is radically different to everyone else!

-Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10",etc.

-Personality /Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

-Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

-Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

-Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00BST!Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

FirstGeneration

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude :4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf : 6.40

Aideen:6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin(FirstGeneration): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

SecondGeneration

Asaello: 2.19

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Faval: 4.65

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tinny: 5.00

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Janne: 6.29

Lakche: 6.35

Linda: 6.38

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Laylea: 9.42

Leen: 9.45

Leaf: 9.45

Aless: 9.47

Celice: 9.54

Asaello overtook Roddlebad in lameness.

Sety

Staff bot or death machine, it's your call. Even when he's one, he's still pretty good at the other. It's pretty much impossible to mess him up, unless you go for something like Ardan or Holyn. Still, he's in an amazing class, comes promoted and has access to all kinds of evil. He lacks a horse and doesn't come at the earliest of times, but still, he's pretty great.

8/10

Sety is one of the few children who is literally unfuckable by pairings. This is a good thing.

He's always pretty spectacularly durable, he always does pretty good damage at 1-2 range, and he always has the MAG to sling status staves or Warp or Restore or Physic or whatever you want.

THEN pick a perk:

* Staves (Rescue, Reserve, Valkyrie)

Holsety

Even more betterer durability

A rapidly approaching 100% chance to attacks more than twice per move

probably more I can't think of

Sety's ONLY flaw is his footboundness, and even that's offset by glorious B Staves.

Also, I'm biased for him.

9.5/10

Sety is always awesome. staff bot or holsety Wielder, He gets the job done. only bad thing is he doesn't have a horse.

8.5/10 but i'm biased for him as well.

9.5/10

Sety is one of the few children who is literally unfuckable by pairings. This is a good thing.

He's always pretty spectacularly durable, he always does pretty good damage at 1-2 range, and he always has the MAG to sling status staves or Warp or Restore or Physic or whatever you want.

THEN pick a perk:

Holsety

Sety's ONLY flaw is his footboundness, and even that's offset by glorious B Staves.

9.5/10

This~

Sety<3

owns everything

think faval except no acc issues, no need for a holy weapon and B staves

and i guess he shows up later but he's not bowlocked.

7/10

THEN pick a perk:

Holsety

9.5/10

Samsies.

Compulsory foot unit -3

But since we're talking about the most optimal pairings for the guy, + 1.5 for having options of becoming HOLSETY DESTRUCTO FORCE or having EVERY STAFF EVER access and LOLING AT STATUSES while STILL HAVING GREAT COMBAT

and hell even if you choose to optimise the pairing around Fee's combat instead he's still pretty good since Elwind is hax, his bases are pretty fucking great so growths are just icing on the cake, and B rank staves no matter what. That's pretty fucking cool.

So yeah 8.5/10 + 1 = 9.5/10.

What, the dude's hot.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

So, instead of quoting Integ's post from this thread I'm going to quote something Integ said in some draft.

why is sety so amazing? I've never really figured it out. Just, somehow, he 4x attacks shit all the time and I swear he has to have Charge or something but then he doesn't.

Sety is pretty awesome. Like people have said, he kills basically everything whether or not he has a holy weapon (although he does it even harder when he does). He has B Staves no matter what, or * Staves if you want him to make him a lategame Lana with much better combat. He can even take a physical father like Noish if you want to make Fee better. His class also has great caps. Sadly, he doesn't have a mount and comes kinda late, so 9/10. But ofc bias, so 10/10

Sety is going to beat Arthur at this rate. :B): The power of bias!

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Sety is one of the few children who is literally unfuckable by pairings. This is a good thing.He's always pretty spectacularly durable, he always does pretty good damage at 1-2 range, and he always has the MAG to sling status staves or Warp or Restore or Physic or whatever you want.THEN pick a perk:* Staves (Rescue, Reserve, Valkyrie)HolsetyEven more betterer durabilityA rapidly approaching 100% chance to attacks more than twice per moveprobably more I can't think ofSety's ONLY flaw is his footboundness, and even that's offset by glorious B Staves.Also, I'm biased for him.9.5/10

This

Pretty much the best mage ever, to the point where being a footie doesn't even harm him that much.

I like how the guy who didn't penalize him for being on foot actually rated him lower than most of us who (presumably) do care that he's on foot.

I like how the guy who didn't penalize him for being on foot actually rated him lower than most of us who (presumably) do care that he's on foot.

He gave the same rating if you discount the bias point, actually, as five other people (you, Ice Sage, Laurence Olivier, bottlegnomes, and Lumi).

Sety's fantastic for a later-joining character, and even then it's not too late. Granted, Arthur comes way earlier, but Sety will be around for many of the game's toughest fights. And he can fight; optimized, he's got Holsety and the best caps for it and will basically be unhittable and murder everyone ever with his skills. But the thing about Sety is he doesn't need Levin for a father; sure, he'd love to have him, but it isn't required. That Lightning tome he starts with is more than enough to kill anybody dumb enough to try fighting him, and with Fury's innate Pursuit passed down, he really needs few to no other skills. Claude is the obvious silver medal pairing here because it gives him * Staves and he still has Pursuit, and he benefits decently enough from Claude's stats and his own very high bases to the point that having arguably one of the worst combat dads basically doesn't affect him at all.

As has been said, choosing to pair for Fee instead also doesn't really bother Sety in the slightest. He's cool like that. You wanna make Noish his dad, giving him a whopping 10% MAG growth? He'll say "Whatever," take the Critical and Charge skills, and still rape everybody with Lightning. And let me put it this way: Statistically, Noish is one of his worst fathers, giving him little MAG or SPD. Nearly every other dad, no matter how gimmicky or shitty, gives him either an okay MAG growth or decent SPD growth, and often DEF and HP as well, and that's all he cares about.

Besides, you're talking about a man who could easily cap his level from staff use if he didn't feel like fighting or you didn't feel like using him. You can't make Sety bad. His bases are too good, his class is too good, his starting tome and staff options are too good. If you add a good father like Levin or Claude to the mix, he just gets awesome.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut he doesn't have a horse. Your sister has a flying horse, Sety, what the fuck is your excuse?

9/10

Noish!Sety is pretty manly. The skillset's enough to offset the lack of magic and mediocre speed. Holyn, Alec and Beowulf aren't stellar choices either, only granting 10% more speed growth, which translates to a measly 3 extra speed. He's slow in comparison to guys like Levin!Sety and Azel!Sety, but there are a lot of guys with bad magic sitting at around 30% speed.