Legendary Hero Battle: Hrid

LoneStar

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@LordFrigid @mampfoid I knew this was going to be cake for you two given the layout of the map. Still, the fact that you're able to trivialize this difficulty which I'm not even going to bother attempting is really something. One turn clears are just... so convenient in these cases. Also Armorsmasher+ Brave Roy though!

Thanks! Roy got Armorsmasher+ ages ago from a Hana with LnD3 when Sothe didn't make it yet to Heroes. 

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Matthew team couldn't crack this one at first and I beat it with a makeshift team, but the key to cracking the map was getting the healer to do something other than attacking for the first turn, and that meant chip damage.

Matthew had quite a duel with that bulky archer. I wonder why he decided to suicide on Inigo then. 

Chip damage is useful and using Genny made her Mircale charge.

Ayra got a lot of spotlight this time, her skills were perfect to clean a lot of the peskier opponents. She's still one of the best swords (and one I'm still missing), Regnal Astra uncharging every combat is evil. 

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

For the Morgan clear, the opening was similar, but the clear is very much different.

Yeah, it was different and it felt more packed than your first clear. Morgan go a lot to do and Priscilla once more had some important moments. I got used already to your beaming shenanigans, but I can't ever get tired of them. 

Great clears once again, looking forward to the few to come. :-/ 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

@LordFrigid @mampfoid I knew this was going to be cake for you two given the layout of the map. Still, the fact that you're able to trivialize this difficulty which I'm not even going to bother attempting is really something. One turn clears are just... so convenient in these cases. Also Armorsmasher+ Brave Roy though!

@Alkaid Not even my +10 Nino can do what Camilla did here. You trivialized the map as well to nonsensical levels. Well done.

@Hilda The true final battle of Book II. Your team brought it here. Anna with teleporting Galeforce, Alfonse dishing out huge damage and Sharena being a force of nature with tri-bonds. It was just beautiful. Veronica of course played her role well. What made this clear unique was that most clears dispatch Hrid quickly, but you dealt with most of the map while enduring the effects of his B skill which only made it even more impressive.

@mcsilas I knew you were going to use "Ice Place" for this map. It didn't disappoint though. Hector did exactly what I thought he was going to do but watching Joshua and Flora work was a sight to behold. Good clutch with ATK Smoke as well. Can I have a flying dancer too?... please?...

The second clear was just magnificent. Your team was simply unstoppable. L!Tiki and H!Myrrh are so ridiculous on their own but when paired up, given Aether and supported by a Guidance dancer you may as well just throw your hands up right there. Then you have Flora cleaning house around then and it's just an all-star show. It's a wonder you didn't destroy Abyssal with this team as well. I also really enjoy hearing Tiki go "...Ehm..."

@Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Nanima @kirauza343 @ruruo @daisy jane @eclipse @Cute Chao @Usana @Ginko@Landmaster

Well, I spent hours trying to beat this map just to get the orbs but after clearing my head and going in again the next day I realized it could have really been done in 30 minutes tops. I had a long rant in my head detailing what's been going on with me and this game but you know what? It's December. The last month of my clears, so let's put all that aside and just enjoy the ride.

Matthew team couldn't crack this one at first and I beat it with a makeshift team, but the key to cracking the map was getting the healer to do something other than attacking for the first turn, and that meant chip damage. For the first time ever I actually had to give Genny a full Pain+ set for a clear. 20k had to be popped, but It was worth it. Still, she's not the MVP of this map. I still struggled to overcome Hrid's army until I changed my way of thinking and decided to try something new. Turns out... Matthew wasn't who I needed to rely on, but Ayra.

For the first time, Ayra was the MVP of this map. Here she proved her mettle with mixed phase capabilities, getting kills few other units could on enemies she should not have been able to face all while giving crucial drive support to her allies. All this time I've been relying on my Matthew who I've built from the ground up, from nothing to a wall of death, the king of my army. But I've kinda forgotten that Ayra is sort of his queen on this team. She's always been there. She never needed any big SI, no SS, no huge boosts from her allies, she was a death dealer straight out the gate. It reminds me that at one point, she was the single most powerful sword unit in the game. A title she rightfully deserved.

For the Morgan clear, the opening was similar, but the clear is very much different. Very touch and go as well. I've always said the Morgan clears were like puzzles but this was probably one of the most complex. Every move had to be calculated, every dance, position and attack done in a certain order or failure was absolute. Regardless, it felt earned and rewarding, and it's nice to feel that feeling again so close to the end of my teams' journeys. 

Not interested in an Abyssal clear. I'll beat it somehow, but for this last month, I'm stress free. 

Cheers~

Seeing Ayra take the lead for your Matthew team for once was a nice change of pace. And she's every much as OP as you'd expect, I wish I could get rid of that Manakete as easily and with a Red unit no less. Of course Matthew still runs his little corner of the map with relative ease. Nice to see Genny get a little more Offensive here~

Puzzle-like is pretty accurate to describe your Morgan clears, this one's no different. There's always a certain order to getting kills just right with them. Pain+ is really effective on this map, both your clears show it off really well. Every time I see that Blue Manakete die, it replenishes my soul just a little bit~

@Zeo

Nice clears again. Ayra is really doing a lot of work here, but Matthew is still helping by handling the left side on his own for quite some time. Also the play, making the healer move out of the way was really good.

You are right the Morgan one did really look like a puzzle, you had to place every piece right and make all moves count to prevail against the huge number of enemies approaching. Impressive work, well done.

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

Regardless, it felt earned and rewarding, and it's nice to feel that feeling again so close to the end of my teams' journeys. 

Wait, did I miss something? Are you leaving?

Edited by Azuris

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

Wait, did I miss something? Are you leaving?

My first recorded clear was January 14th this year during Oliver's first run as a Grand Hero Battle. I've done over 100 clears over the course of this year and I've just about burnt out. So at the end of 2018 I'm retiring from clears. Takes too much time and I've gotten tired. If there's say a Grand Hero Battle the first week of 2019 I might do that as a special farewell but otherwise when 2018 wraps up at the end of the month I'm just going to make playlists comprised of all my Heroes clears and I'm done.

@Zeo Nice to see more Ayra action this time, reminding people how she set the standard of being the queen of swords. Matthew still holds his own on the left side though, always satisfying to see fast Aethers with Flashing Blade.

Morgan surviving Hrid's intial attack was impressive! He sure ate up those green units for breakfast. A very intricate clear, navigating the ice can be annoying but WoM makes it a lot easier. 

@mcsilas Ice Emblem is back, although slightly different than usual. Nice to see again! It was great to see these units work together, especially Hector just shrugging of Hrid like he was nothing. Must have been very satisfying.

The second clear was also fun to watch. Those dragon girls are just too much. It was funny to see Hrid go for Tiki instead of Myrrh. Guess she was the "easier" target. Not that it saved him of course.

@Zeo Glad to see your team shine on this map once more! Genny's Miracle was certainly well-timed. The whole clear was very intense from start to finish, but they came through it excellently. I will definitely enjoy watching your clears till the last!

Good to see Morgan making it past here too. From the looks and sound of it, this one was very difficult for him. In the end though, he and his friends managed to do what my Takumi's couldn't. The challenge is definitely what makes these kinds of clears so enticing, so long it's still well-paced (and one actually makes it through). Congrats! 

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

My first recorded clear was January 14th this year during Oliver's first run as a Grand Hero Battle. I've done over 100 clears over the course of this year and I've just about burnt out. So at the end of 2018 I'm retiring from clears. Takes too much time and I've gotten tired. If there's say a Grand Hero Battle the first week of 2019 I might do that as a special farewell but otherwise when 2018 wraps up at the end of the month I'm just going to make playlists comprised of all my Heroes clears and I'm done.

Oh ok. I also read it in the other threads now, that you used to think about that before.

It is sad to see you stop and I will miss your clears, but if you burn out and don't get enjoyment out of them yourself any more, it is better that way.

So all that is left is to thank you for all these interesting, impressive and fun clears you provided us with. I really appreciate it and wish you that you will find something else that brings you happiness.

@mcsilas I like the use of Flora! And Joshua, too. Joshua is definitely a rare sight.
The dragons are unstoppable as usual.

@Zeo That healer sure caused a lot of trouble, especially since you use defensive tactics. But Ayra brought in some needed offense, and that's what pushed it to your favour. Nice!

@mampfoid Smite strikes again!

@Alkaid Not-big sister has fucked me up more than once in Arena/Aether Raids. Guess the game itself gets to hold that L too.

@LordFrigid I wonder if there will ever be a map you can't one-turn.

@Alexmender

Managed to fuck Abyssal up finally. I was actually stuck on this for forever because I just couldn't find a fourth member to complete this run; BRoy was in Hrid's place originally, but he couldn't hit a bunch of kills I really needed because of Freezing Seal. But I pulled Hrid recently, and swapping BRoy out for him finally did the trick. @JSND Alter Dragon Boner BRoy sux

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@mcsilas I like the use of Flora! And Joshua, too. Joshua is definitely a rare sight.

@Zeo That healer sure caused a lot of trouble, especially since you use defensive tactics. But Ayra brought in some needed offense, and that's what pushed it to your favour. Nice!

@Alkaid Not-big sister has fucked me up more than once in Arena/Aether Raids. Guess the game itself gets to hold that L too.

@Alexmender

Managed to fuck Abyssal up finally. I was actually stuck on this for forever because I just couldn't find a fourth member to complete this run; BRoy was in Hrid's place originally, but he couldn't hit a bunch of kills I really needed because of Freezing Seal. But I pulled Hrid recently, and swapping BRoy out for him finally did the trick. @JSND Alter Dragon Boner BRoy sux

This map is ridiculously unkind to Broy so eh. I actually used BIke in my clear(havent recorded since FGO NA is busy)

Honestly i do think beyond the messiness of Hrids playstyle where he need to debuff before going in hes the best Sword Horse in the game

Fuck Horseslaying tome lol

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I hope not. One-turns are fun. Also, reinforcements are evil, evil things.

Nice run yourself, taking control of the upper half of the map early. Cordelia really put in work, and the Hríd/Veronica combo is as devastating as expected.

~

In other news, I had a vague idea from using my merged up Celica that Ragnarok is absolutely ridiculous, but I wanted to see how an unmerged Celica handled herself in Abyssal content.

She did not disappoint.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

This map is ridiculously unkind to Broy so eh. I actually used BIke in my clear(havent recorded since FGO NA is busy)

Honestly i do think beyond the messiness of Hrids playstyle where he need to debuff before going in hes the best Sword Horse in the game

Fuck Horseslaying tome lol

BRoy got me through Infernal, but yeah Abyssal was too much for him. The boy will shine another day.

Hrid is a bit team dependent, I guess? He needs a teammate to help Ploy or something if his Freezing Seal doesn't land on his target. But as long as Gjoll is active, yeah, Hrid is mad scary.

9 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice run yourself, taking control of the upper half of the map early. Cordelia really put in work, and the Hríd/Veronica combo is as devastating as expected.

~

In other news, I had a vague idea from using my merged up Celica that Ragnarok is absolutely ridiculous, but I wanted to see how an unmerged Celica handled herself in Abyssal content.

She did not disappoint.

What if they're all Wary Fighter armors with 99 HP?

I am sad... I actually tried a similar setup on this map a few days ago for a while, and I couldn't get it to work. Maybe it was partly because I don't have Fury on her, mostly out of pride because I spent so much time trying to get her Swift Sparrow, only for the budget Fury to be better now. But I have failed Celica. I must commit sudoku.

46 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if they're all Wary Fighter armors with 99 HP?

I would cry. Maybe if they were all Axe armors, clustered together.

46 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I am sad... I actually tried a similar setup on this map a few days ago for a while, and I couldn't get it to work. Maybe it was partly because I don't have Fury on her, mostly out of pride because I spent so much time trying to get her Swift Sparrow, only for the budget Fury to be better now. But I have failed Celica. I must commit sudoku.

Better be a 6* difficulty one.

I still use Life and Death on my merged one, though I have thought about Fury (and she even has it). I think I came to the conclusion that I like Life and Death’s performance better at some point, but I don’t really remember. Weird thing to forget, but oh well.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I still use Life and Death on my merged one, though I have thought about Fury (and she even has it). I think I came to the conclusion that I like Life and Death’s performance better at some point, but I don’t really remember. Weird thing to forget, but oh well.

Life and Death used to be a better option than Fury, if you ask me. But with her new playstyle, instant Desperation + Brazen is too good with Fury.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

BRoy sux

Wait, what? Not mine though. :-p

Nice clear, using Veronica to help Cordelia quad stuff is a good idea ... and to help Hrid activate his awesome sword even more so. 

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I had a vague idea from using my merged up Celica that Ragnarok is absolutely ridiculous, but I wanted to see how an unmerged Celica handled herself in Abyssal content.

Wait, you have a +SPD Celica with refinement on top of your merged one? I thought I was rich on Celicas. 

Which nature is your merged Celica? 

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

still use Life and Death on my merged one

No Brazen ATK/SPD? 

BRoy got me through Infernal, but yeah Abyssal was too much for him. The boy will shine another day.

Hrid is a bit team dependent, I guess? He needs a teammate to help Ploy or something if his Freezing Seal doesn't land on his target. But as long as Gjoll is active, yeah, Hrid is mad scary.

I think Hrid is closer to "HOPE THERES NOT MUCH ENEMY OR YOU USE VERONICA THE GOD OR SOMETHING" theres def 90.000 ways to enable Hrid, one that im particularly interested in, is Feint Skills since you can use it to "fire the cardinal bomb" if that made sense

Freezing Seal is damn fucked strong, but when theres more than 4 enemies(e.g. Arena) it feels less strong imo

Also yeah Cellica seems like an insanely strong unit. I actually have one i could build but she kept getting pushed away by memes

---------

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Same as the unmerged one, oddly enough. +Spd/-Def. And then there’s the Lv. 1 +Atk/-HP one gathering dust.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No Brazen ATK/SPD? 

I don’t like the 1st round performance of that. I do have a spare Robin, though.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Life and Death used to be a better option than Fury, if you ask me. But with her new playstyle, instant Desperation + Brazen is too good with Fury.

That’s a fair point. I’ll probably give it a whirl sometime.

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wait, what? Not mine though. :-p

Nice clear, using Veronica to help Cordelia quad stuff is a good idea ... and to help Hrid activate his awesome sword even more so. 

Wait, you have a +SPD Celica with refinement on top of your merged one? I thought I was rich on Celicas. 

No Brazen ATK/SPD? 

I use your BRoy in Grand Conquest and stuff, and he's great!

My Cordy is +Spd, and she actually didn't need any Speed boosting or Brash Assault to help her get quads, which kinda surprised me at first.

Both of you need to give me your Celicas damnit. :[

Brazen Atk/Spd A on Celica is a meme, honestly. It's not worth trading both a firepower boost at full health and/or a method to instantly reach <75% HP for some extra stats, practically speaking.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I think Hrid is closer to "HOPE THERES NOT MUCH ENEMY OR YOU USE VERONICA THE GOD OR SOMETHING" theres def 90.000 ways to enable Hrid, one that im particularly interested in, is Feint Skills since you can use it to "fire the cardinal bomb" if that made sense

Freezing Seal is damn fucked strong, but when theres more than 4 enemies(e.g. Arena) it feels less strong imo

Nani? Feint is useful?

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Same as the unmerged one, oddly enough. +Spd/-Def. And then there’s the Lv. 1 +Atk/-HP one gathering dust.

I don’t like the 1st round performance of that. I do have a spare Robin, though.

That’s a fair point. I’ll probably give it a whirl sometime.

Hey, mine's +Atk -HP.

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Brazen Atk/Spd A on Celica is a meme, honestly. It's not worth trading both a firepower boost at full health and/or a method to instantly reach <75% HP for some extra stats, practically speaking.

That's what keeps my 2 spare Linus save forever until we get a Fury seal

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Do you think +SPD is better on her? I'm quite content so far with +ATK.

I use your BRoy in Grand Conquest and stuff, and he's great!

My Cordy is +Spd, and she actually didn't need any Speed boosting or Brash Assault to help her get quads, which kinda surprised me at first.

Great, he needs some work since he is out of my arena core sadly.  

Never got a (non -ATK) +SPD Cordelia, but now I'm used to +ATK anyway.

Both of you need to give me your Celicas damnit. :[

I would give you the non merged OG Celica. Any spare BG!Roys on your side? 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, Jingle Bells said:

Which version of Kagero you used?

Her regular version.  She's +10 and runs Lethal Carrot/Fury/Desperation/Even Speed Wave/Flashing Blade SS/Glimmer to one-shot most units.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Great, he needs some work since he is out of my arena core sadly.  

Never got a (non -ATK) +SPD Cordelia, but now I'm used to +ATK anyway.

I would give you the non merged OG Celica. Any spare BG!Roys on your side? 

Celica gets so much Spd that she kinda hits diminishing returns with +Spd.

He's tough to use in Arena nowadays...

I also have Firesweep on her, so I picked +Spd.

I would trade my +1 BRoy for two Celicas.

15 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Alexmender

Hrid is really good on his own map and Veronica's staff helps a ton, as always~ Cordelia did a lot of work here, too~ Overall, a good team effort, congrats!

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

~

She did not disappoint.

Hide contents

Looks like you got Celica to do Hrid, too (most of the solo Celica clears I had been seeing were for Hrid)~ I really need to pull her before Hrid comes back

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I don’t know. I built up the +Spd one ages ago and haven’t really looked at the performance difference since the refinement happened.

I was kinda thinking of switching to the +Atk/-HP one, then just switch back if I didn’t like it. But that never really happened, and of course now I’m using the second +Spd/-Def one...

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Looks like you got Celica to do Hrid, too (most of the solo Celica clears I had been seeing were for Hrid)~ I really need to pull her before Hrid comes back

Quick reply since I’m here anyway.

I actually have one for all the LHBs, I just haven’t gotten around to posting the other two.

Yeah, Ragnarok is ridiculous. I’m pretty sure you can clear the vast majority of hero battle content with Celica and Dancers. This set of clears is just me testing that theory personally.

He's tough to use in Arena nowadays...

"Use" is the wrong word, everyone could babysit the bonus unit (My -ATK Hrid was particularly easy-care today). Roy doesn't score like others and is hard to +10 (sadly). 

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I was kinda thinking of switching to the +Atk/-HP one, then just switch back if I didn’t like it. But that never really happened, and of course now I’m using the second +Spd/-Def one...

Have the refinement on all three and do Celica Emblem clears. Wait, someone already does that. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

"Use" is the wrong word, everyone could babysit the bonus unit (My -ATK Hrid was particularly easy-care today). Roy doesn't score like others and is hard to +10 (sadly). 

Have the refinement on all three and do Celica Emblem clears. Wait, someone already does that. 

Well, even for babysitting purposes, trenches make his job hard.

Wow, showing off