Mythic Hero Battle: Bramimond

SatsumaFSoysoy

Abyssal is done with Jeorge (+10), L'Arachel(+10), B!Ninian and Reyson(+1). Kinda forgot what to do in the end when recording lol. Really fun finally taking L'Ara for a map like this, I haven't had a chance to try her on harder maps since building her. Reliable ol'Jeorge had to switch to a Parthia build for this.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@NSSKG151 Thanks. Oh wow, Brave Bow Anna. I have a friend who does these types of clears with Bridelia, but of course Anna would be able to too. That Glacies sure hits hard.

That reminds me. I still have not summoned Bridelia yet. I have been unlucky with her every year. I don't even know if Bridelia has aged well in the current meta like OG Cordelia still is.

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

That reminds me. I still have not summoned Bridelia yet. I have been unlucky with her every year. I don't even know if Bridelia has aged well in the current meta like OG Cordelia still is.

Bridelia has been powercrept to hell and back unfortunately. Legendary Alm and Dancer Nephenee both have powerful gimmicks on top of better statlines.

@Alexmender Oooh, nice idol debut! Tsubasa looks like a fun unit, rocket horse sure darted around the map with GF! Have you played TMS? Also, nice use of Savage Blow, hope Eirika gets a good refine in the next few days (Wow, two refineable Eirikas now!)

@Landmaster Amazing tome showdown with the new Sophia and the boss! Some tricky manoeuvres there but you pulled it off, Pulse Smoke is a great QoL skill annd yeah there was a lot of Panic in this map.

@DLNarshen Amazing clear! Julius sure took some damage from the Void tome there! Love the teamwork with your misfits, from an AoE to Kempf's Venin Edge. Ishtar makes a satisfying boss kill while Narcian handled the armour stylishly. Spring Narcian when?

@Rezzy Lovely Ceclia clears, her damage potential just laughs at her enemies while Fjorm did well against those daggers. Celica destroys even more in Abyssal, i love that move where she took advantage of Olivia's Guidance to attack across the water! Brammy was a little annoying but Savage Blow sure was a problem solver! (also you're dangerously low on space...just like this map)

@SatsumaFSoysoy Tight map? Cordelia's time to shine! Hilda sure choked that bridge point for a bit and DC is a nice skill for her! Quadelia failing to one shot Brammy was annoying but thank goodness for GF!

@Diovani Bressan That's a lot of brave attacks, especially with Flying Reinhardt in there lol. Good on Palla for the boss kill though! Flier Emblem mobility is such a great thing,

@Maaka Love that Frederick action! Love the unit choice, they aren't common in one turn clears! Also lol at Hector!Bramimond battling Lilina. Great clear, the map already seemed tricky for OTCs.

@Zeo @mampfoid @daisy jane @Ginko

So hooded guy? Was trying to think of a theme, then looked at his design and hey, how about a team of characters with hoods?

Team is +Atk/-Spd Idunn, +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Atk/-Spd Female Morgan and neutral Halloween Rolf Music is

Dance of Evil Spirits - Part II from Samurai Shodown 2019

-All have hoods of some sort (Idunn's is most obvious, Rolf's ghost costume is pretty much a hood, Morgan's cloak has a hood behind her and Bernie also has a hood behind her in her uniform). Was originally going to use F!Grima but her Res attacks weren't doing much to the lance fliers. Also admittedly forgot about Gharnef but...he's a weird unit. Also Morgan and Bernie have similar hair

- Tanky Idunn is tanky. Thank goodness for Aether. Morgan's Guidance provided some offensive tactics to get around Idunn's armour movement, even crossing the water a few times. Also Idunn loved all the Panic debuffs being thrown around this map.

- Double bow knights is great for this map, the extra range really helps, running around and shooting the fliers asap. Bernie's offensive presence is amazing while Rolf's Fury Bow provides great survivability, and Desperation is always useful. Bernie was just 7 HP short shy of OHKOing Bramimond, but thank goodness for the Savage Blow seal since I couldn't use Drives.

----

And now for an obligatory FE7 clear. Featuring the Legendary versions of the lords (and a Bride) vs the Mythic legend.

Team is +Spd +1 Legendary Eliwood, +Spd +1 Legendary Lyn, +Def/-Spd Legendary Hector and +Res/-Def Bride Ninian

Music is Pulsation from Samurai Shodown 2019

- 3 Legendary heroes and a flying bride vs a Mythic Hero. Thanks to Bride Ninian being flying, Hector and Lyn were able to move more freely on the right side of the map.

- Green archer? Well, Lyn made really good use of the colours to delete the lance/deragon fliers quickly so I can't complain. Desperation was also useful in deleting the red mage while Spd Tactic was needed so Eliwood can take on the Repel axe fighter with little problem.

- Speaking of Eliwood he needed Swift Sparrow so he can OHKO the dragonslasher Ninian. His Ardent Durandal also helps his bro Hector out later during the chokepoint/tank phase, keeping the armours busy while Lyn's Rally Def/Res boosted his bulk and Ninian whittle downed the threatening Wrath swordie. (Threaten Atk/Def was really annoying though and kept Hector's tanking in a timer, so Ninian had to attack as much as she could).

- Hector needed as much health and sustain to choke the bridge, so I went with Sol and Close Def to try and minimise the damage.

- As for Bramimond himself? Even with Desperation, Lyn would leave him in low health, so I had to be creative and somehow be offensive and try to reach Brammy asap with a low health team. Solution? Thank goodness for WoM as Eliwood deletes the boss with a special!

Definitely a head-scratcher. Apparently this game doesn't want me to retire PA!Azura. 

Notes

• Turn 1
    • Celica needed the double Drive Atk buff from PA!Azura and Flower of Joy to KO the green armor knight
    • PA!Azura needed to sing a tile north of Celica so she doesn't get Panic Ploy'ed by the blue armor knight in order to deal enough damage to knock him out of Wary Fighter range
  • Turn 2
    • Celica needed Flower of Joy to ORKO the bow knight
    • Had to choose a 4 turn special Celica so she can ORKO the blue thief
  • Turn 4
    • Timed the special for the Dragonslasher thief
Spoiler

@Vicious Sal Lol, normally I restart if a character gets too many of the same special lines, but Ishtar gets so many and just loves making things difficult in that regard. x)

Catria is so cool - I haven't built her up like her sisters yet, but she's on my list.  That Repel Axe Fighter is a pain in the ass, but seeing that 90-damage Glimmer from +0 SoV!Catria was quite satisfying.

@mcsilas I have a team in mind for S!Narcian... ; )

Guidance-aided Idunn really proved her worth in this one!  Same with Bernie - I was wondering how all ranged + Idunn was going to handle Bramimond, but I underestimated her firepower. 

Looks like you had the same idea I had for baiting both the red mage and blue ninja on the same turn, then stalling out Bramimond for as long as possible using the AI against itself.  Hector is the man blocking that chokepoint!  The ending was the best part with everyone moving in to mop things up in one clean go, and with fitting special lines to boot!

@NSSKG151 Bridelia is outdated, but she still holds up decently well. Her offenses are still good, just not insane.

@mcsilas Wow, nice Wolt. Morgan missing the OHKO on the Red Mage by 1 HP was an oof lol. But Idunn is Idunn, of course, and she made it all work.

The FE7 clear was pretty cool! The constant Panic disabling Eliwood's buff must've been quite annoying to deal with, but I see it all worked out. I still don't have LLyn.

@Hilda Yeah, that would make her quite destructive. She can keep up with Leila in Spd.

@Diovani Bressan Thanks! Now I slowly keep remembering more hooded units exist, maybe I'll incorporate Bantu or Tiki some other time. (a lot of hooded dragons it seems)

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thanks, although it was Rolf but I can understand the confusion, too many green-haired archer boys haha (I want to do a theme team of this one day). Yea Morgan would have finished the red mage if she had her Mirror Stance in her base kit but I didn't want to tinker with the solution too much when I was so close to finishing it after a few hours, and her prf wanted as much visible Res anyway. 

@DLNarshen That Hector chokepoint was such a hard balancing act- 1 more turn and he would fall because of that Tier 4 Threaten. Really good thing Ninian is the perfect colour and movement type that she is lol.

And yeah Idunn's armour effectiveness really comes in handy, what an absolute unit. With Bernie, it was also tough balancing her Push skill because it becomes ineffective when her health is too low, but I reaallly needed to get rid of that Dragonslasher dagger asap lol. Thank goodness for Savage Blow. But yeah it also helps both Idunn and Bernie likes debuffs.

Can't wait to see S!Narcian in the future!

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, mcsilas said:

Thanks! Now I slowly keep remembering more hooded units exist, maybe I'll incorporate Bantu or Tiki some other time. (a lot of hooded dragons it seems)

Rutger, all Robins (including the Fallen ones), male Morgan, Gharnef and Velouria are also hooded units for your videos.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Hilda Yeah, that would make her quite destructive. She can keep up with Leila in Spd.

Actually she can not, a +10 Leila will beat a +10 Ylgr anyway, just by the mear fact that Leila has 15 BST more then Ylgr. a +SPD +10 Leila has 1 Speed over a +10 +10DF Ylgr yeah... Of course the passives matter, but you get the point

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Thanks, although it was Rolf but I can understand the confusion, too many green-haired archer boys haha (I want to do a theme team of this one day). Yea Morgan would have finished the red mage if she had her Mirror Stance in her base kit but I didn't want to tinker with the solution too much when I was so close to finishing it after a few hours, and her prf wanted as much visible Res anyway. 

Oh right. I haven't played Tellius yet, and I keep confusing their similar names. Whoops.

This means you need more merges! Open wallet

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Actually she can not, a +10 Leila will beat a +10 Ylgr anyway, just by the mear fact that Leila has 15 BST more then Ylgr. a +SPD +10 Leila has 1 Speed over a +10 +10DF Ylgr yeah... Of course the passives matter, but you get the point

Well, I know she wouldn't be as fast or faster, I just meant she would be similar in Spd.

Bramimond.

This fucking guy.

This map was a bitch.

But even an enigma has a solution right?

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with L!Eliwood, Sothis, Brunnya and Osian and Infernal cleared with Elincia, Peony, Cherche and Eir. I tried so many times before I got those last two.

Well I got all the orbs finally. But this was a completely unfun map for an Armor EP player such as myself. Mostly because of Bramimond. His weapon isn't too bad. Nor is his C-Skill. At least in isolation. His C-Skill though completely neuters stat manipulation attempts to bypass his weapon checks. That and it neuters the attempts to offset all the debuffs you are going to eat.

While I haven't watched many videos. My guess is this map falls to typical PP setups no problem. But for enemy phase I had to break up the all armor strat because Null C-Disrupt was absolutely necessary for positioning reasons, and that meant using Brave Ike since he is my only true user of it. I couldn't waste movement player phasing the lance and the staff. They had to be dealt with on EP phase or Bramimond would get to attack and I am not sure if it is even possible to Enemy Phase that guy on Abyssal and possibly not even lunatic for my armors and such. Though maybe if my wary armors weren't all negative speed I could meet the speed check to block him. Good old Brave Hector tanked him on all the lower difficulties. But without drives/goads getting his 19 speed up to the needed levels on Lunatic+ just wasn't happening.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, Vicious Sal said:

As for the following: @Hilda, @Landmaster, @LordFrigid, @Rezzy, @Anacybele, @Alexmender, @Maaka ,for you , and if other people want to be tagged in the future , please let me know. =]

As long as you don't mind that I have a tendency to forget to respond sometimes, sure.

Excellent use of positioning skills, and watching Valentian Catria in action was great, I don't see her very often. 5 hits from Catria to finish Bramimond off was cool as well, he's got some serious bulk. Nice work!

• 2 weeks later...

I may be late but I will ALWAYS RISE FROM THE DEAD TO COMMENT

@Sasori - Machine gun Gordin is quite the force, nuking Brammi like that was super impressive.  But I loved the Bignis against the Thief. He walked right into that one. Nice clear overall, your Gordin always asserts his dominance

@ruruo - Good to see Jeorge again! And using his Parthia this time is nice to see since he’s usually using some other toys. Speaking of, did you get Spendthrift Bow for him? He and L’Arachel made that map look like a cakewalk, nice work!

@mcsilas - Hooded clear but no RUTGER! I am disappoint. Impressive positional work here, getting everyone in the where they needed to be for each turn so you never got overrun. I was wondering who was going to beat Brammi but Bernie bear is stronger than she looks.

I like this theme team, very fitting. Lyn and Eliwood do most of the hard hitting while Hector stands his ground when he needs to protecc everyone else. Sol was handy for the standoff with the Axe Knight. The Last couple turns with the WOM finish by Eliwood was awesome, I give it an Immersion/10.

• 3 months later...

Seems I never beat Abyssal last time, but I was able to get through it this time with Aversa/L!Azura/NY!Azura/Mirabilis. Passed on Peony in case I needed a second melee unit, but it didn't turn out necessary. What ultimately worked to weaken Bramimond was having Aversa learn Savage Blow and then blasting all the enemies around him. Four Savage Blow hits took him down to 51 HP, which was within range to kill with Desperation+Glimmer even despite his Lull Atk/Res.