Grand Hero Battle - Heath: Wandering Knight

Diovani Bressan

On 2/20/2020 at 12:55 PM, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- Zephiel will do "just fine"? His majesty frankly, rocked this clear. His supreme tanking across all colors and the unbelievably satisfying healing mid combat made for an easy MVP allocation. Desperation/Vantage Legault was pretty boss as well and the ladies supported them well. Really fun clear here. Shoutouts to KOF music also!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Simple but fun. Eirika's antics gave me shades of @Alexmender's clears and Picnic Felicia, despite her saturated and intimidating class pool, is actually pretty powerful so it was fun to see her wreck a bit of shop herself. Music jarred me a bit initially, but it turned out to be pretty fitting with how trivial the battle ended up being.

@LordFrigid WELP. That about sums up this clear. Two freaking Caedas and a L!Leif. Just unfair.

@Diovani Bressan Nice work. Nowi is an oldie but holds up well today despite being a launch unit. Cool seeing her clear this map out with no healing. Wonder what type of Prf she'll get in the coming months.

@DLNarshen @mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster @Rezzy @Anacybele @Cute Chao @Usana @Quintessence @Dayni @Baldrick @daisy jane @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Sunwoo @Hilda @Nanima @Ginko

So I've got a backlog of clears both of others to watch and my own to upload. I'm probably going to be done with this once again once I've finally caught up, but this one took priority so I went ahead and uploaded as soon as I can.

With Leila and Nils both dropping in the game at the same time and falling into my lap just as suddenly, a clear with them had to happen. Heath's map isn't that impressive, even with the reinforcements but it was good enough to showcase them. Leila paired with Matt right away (RIP Inigo, they'll reunite in the near future) and we get a glimpse of the pair's synergy. Leila's hyper offenses and Matthew's supreme EP tanking ability.

Clear is pretty simple stuff. Leila needed Flashing Blade (if you can believe it) for I think one kill and that's about it. The two of them are lethal together and will definitely show up again before I'm done. Not too much to say, watch em work.

Cheers~

I'll bet it's nice to finally have Matthew's girlfriend around.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:11 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That was a fun clear to watch. The girls protection the fort's entrance so the enemy cannot enter it. Nicely done!

It was a defense map, after all.

An enemy phase one-turn, huh. That's not something you see every day. Nowi is strong!

On 2/20/2020 at 10:55 AM, Zeo said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Simple but fun. Eirika's antics gave me shades of @Alexmender's clears and Picnic Felicia, despite her saturated and intimidating class pool, is actually pretty powerful so it was fun to see her wreck a bit of shop herself. Music jarred me a bit initially, but it turned out to be pretty fitting with how trivial the battle ended up being

I honestly didn't think too hard about the music, just picked something that fit the length lol.

Nice to see the spy couple. The goggles look good on Leila too. Pretty clean clear overall. I haven't actually heard the female version of Call Your Name before, but I don't follow AoT super closely.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Always satisfying to see Firesweep users countered by NCD. Cute theme with the singer singing cute as well lol. Felicia sure was lethal with her cooking.

Heath ate all of it.

I was pretty surprised that the beasts managed to tank all of that in the middle on turn 2. Velouria's bulk was especially amazing. I personally don't use her in that fashion (she's a Galeforce support/WoM assistant kinda thing for me) so I forgot how good she can be defensively. A lot of good fodder on those fliers too, impressive bulk.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:13 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear! I always want to finally build Eirika whenever I see her destroy stuff like this.

You should! Though she's not particularly great for one-turns, I guess.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:08 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thanks. Legault is someone I've wanted to build forever and even had all his fodder ready but wanted to wait on a good nature to show up before starting so didn't start using him until recently. Haven't seen that many either but recently bumped in to a pretty cool cloud maiougi one and now I'm tempted to give mine one of those summer festival weapons too because built in hardy bearing + effectiveness is a lot more useful than I imagined.

That was a cool Eirika. I feel bad for neglecting mine everytime I see one completely own the whole map. Good clear.

Yeah, the Hardy Bearing daggers are all pretty useful.

Eirika isn't exactly the easiest sword unit to get set up and running, but she's quite strong when everything works out.

And so, operation catch-up begins.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:11 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid LLeif is the play, huh. And then the twins of evil.

The...twins of evil?

What did Caeda ever do to you 😧 .

@Diovani Bressan

Nice one-turn clear, yourself! Nowi really tore the place up.

@Zeo

Constant Dagger is pretty impressive, and swapping in Spy’s Dagger afterward is just mean. I find it funny that one of Leila’s special quotes is “You’re a slippery one”, considering that she’s probably one of the game’s most slippery units.

@Landmaster

That was a neat little interaction with the AI near the end, taking full advantage of the fact that it doesn’t factor dog-piling a single unit into its calculations. Nice clear!

On 2/22/2020 at 12:55 AM, mcsilas said:

Now for my clears.

Team is neutral Selkie, +Def/-HP Velouria, +HP/-Atk Yarne and neutral New Year's Laegjarn. 

Music is Full Burst from the King of Fighters XIV

- Brave move putting Selkie within the archer's range you say? Well I need the red mage to be easily targeted the next turn, so I had to put Selkie in the fray. Her Sabotage also helps, and Atk/Spd Bond was useful and needed during that crowded melee combat in the middle. Chill Spd was to let Laegjarn double the red mage later on.

- Speaking of Brave moves, Yarne also had to tank the red fox tome from  the TA red mage, with some help from Selkie's Res Wave, Velouria's Ward Beasts and Laegjarn's Distant Guard buffs. This way he could activate GF and Escape Route to dart across the map to safety. Velouria partners with Yarne for quicker Galeforce. Anti-cav weapon was also very useful with the amount of cavs in this map.

- And of course Velouria, she rose to the challenge in the second half of the map. Once Brazen Atk/Def activated with Close Def, she was almost untouchable. Great speed allows her double on both phases which is a lifesaver (especially against the green horse mage that threatened the whole team).

---

Team is neutral Gerome, +Atk/-HP Cherche, neutral Cormag and +Atk/-Res Summer Tana. 

Music is Survivors Under The Sky from The King of Fighers XIV

-Named mounts are Minerva (Gerome and Cherche), Genarog (Cormag) and Achaeus (Tana). Amusingly, all fliers and one of each species (pegasus, and two types of wyverns). 

-So glad when a unit's base skills work the best. Summer Tana had to give up her bladetome for that extra might against the green archer, so had to use her prf. Atk/Spd Push because she needed as much speed and power, but also she needed to tank later to activate Desperation (even then barely living thanks to Gerome's Ward Fliers and Cherche's Distant Guard) so Life and Death wasn't an option. Her -Res was also a challenge, but again, the Wards helped.

-Speaking of base skills, Gerome was an absolute tank here. That's right, taking 0 damage all map. Guard was key to this strat, and for this, he needed as less damage as possible. Poleaxe was great for the many cavs here and Fortress Def was key in tanking everything. Thanks to Cormag's Def Opening, and Tana's Spur Atk/Def he could just take every attack with a tink. (Tana's spur was needed for perfect tanking, otherwise he takes 1 damage from the Distant Def bow lol). Sadly, because of the -3 Atk, he couldn't one shot the lance cavalier near the end but he had to shield Tana from the archer anyway.

- For those who is saying Gerome is a worse Cherche, well he outshines his mother so much in this clear. Cherche's -5 Spd was too low for tanking, and she was a liability if I attack with her since she will be in the enemy's range, so she was more of a support bot with Fortify Fliers and Distant Guard.

-Cormag puts his general stats to use. With some help from Gerome's Ward Fliers and Brazen Atk/Def he survives a lot of things. He need the Atk boost to punch through the TA red mage though (he falls short without it) but also needed survivability, so the Brazen was a lifesaver. Sacrificing a Silas to give him Steady Stance was also worth it (he should be honoured, lucky I like Cormag!). Surviving archers without Iote's Shield sure is impressive! I think Dull Close might have ignored the axe guys Defense buffs as well.

Selkie tanking a Brave Bow is pretty impressive. The beasts really ran wild on the second turn~ Velouria’s kind of a monster tanking the latter half of the map with no damage. The placement shenanigans were awesome here, nice work!~

Flier Emblem is always fun~ Cormag tanking magic and bows is also fun~ He and Gerome did a good job keeping the ladies safe here. Tana held her own though for much of the early map, though and Church fended off her opponent towards the end~ Gerome was seriously the MVP, though~

On 2/22/2020 at 7:16 PM, Sasori said:

Edit: Ouch misspelling my title. Ah well.

Seems Sharena has made some new frens. Raigh and Matthew are still awesome as usual. Nils was impressive in his first battle, that big HP of his comes in very useful for tanking. The whole team is on low HP for much of the battle but hang on for the win, congrats!

• 6 months later...

I completely missed talking about this one too.

Hard cleared with Low HM units, Lunatic cleared with B!Lyn, B!Eliwood, LA!Hector, Ninian and Infernal cleared with H!Hector, B!Ephraim, C!Eirika, LA!Eliwood

I actually cleared the party clear with Brinian and three Lyns, so that was neat.

• 2 years later...