Rate the Unit, Day 76: Nyna

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

It looks like Maria dethroned Vyland as the worst character in the RTU!

Anyways, Nyna has A Staves so she can at least spam Fortify or use the Again or Recover Staves. Even the Rescue and Warp Staves, if needed to be! I'll give her a 1.5/10, With Bias Powers, It's a 0.5/10

Averages:

MARIA!: 0.18

Vyland: 0.19

Macellan: 0.41

Roshea: 0.43

Sedgar: 0.45

Wolf: 0.57

Midia: 0.57

Lena: 0.62

Samson: 0.80

Sheema: 0.90

Dolph: 1.00

Tomas: 1.16

Ymir: 1.22

Est: 1.25

Astram: 1.33

Yubello: 1.52

Frost: 1.60

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Abel: 2.81

Michalis: 2.83

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Athena: 3.70

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Nagi: 4.14

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Tiki: 4.27

Warren: 4.35

Katarina: 4.56

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Vergil (Belf): 5.42

Castor: 5.62

Jake: 6.01

Raiden: 6.20

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Sheeda: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Xane: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Nyna can use every staff not named Hammerne, and can sorta use Thoron. Too bad she's, like, my least favorite character in the entire series.

0.5/10 (bias minus included)

Free Fortify and Thoron

Score 0.5/10

Unless that's a bias point, Your explanation isn't good. Weapon's don't factor into the character's rating...

Anyways, Nyna has A Staves so she can at least spam Fortify or use the Again or Recover Staves. Even the Rescue and Warp Staves, if needed to be! I'll give her a 1.5/10

Like Lena and Maria she can use Rescue, but unlike them she can also use Again, which is also super important when lowturning Final. 1.2/10.

Actually... using like 4 rescue uses just to save 1 turn isn't that fantastic. =/ Also, If you want to 1 turn it, You only need 2 rescue uses and 2 again uses. You kill of every sister except Maria that way though.

Anyway... Nyna get's the standard 0/10

It seems Maria is the worst character in fire emblem 11 and 12 beside Vyland Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Back to RTU

Nyna has A staves. Yeah, can use a useful staff like rescue, again, and warp.

0.25/10 with bias so 1.25/10

Actually... using like 4 rescue uses just to save 1 turn isn't that fantastic. =/ Also, If you want to 1 turn it, You only need 2 rescue uses and 2 again uses. You kill of every sister except Maria that way though.

No you dont. You only need 2 rescues. Sirius gets danced by Feena, he recruits Nyna, trades Rescue and kills Lena. Nyna rescues someone over. Lets say, Merric. Merric recruits Elice and kills Maria. Elice trades Rescue and uses it on Marth. Marth crits. So, its quite unreliable, but its worked for me before.

Anyway, Nyna looks better than the others and can Again on top of every other staff. 1.5/10 (bias powers)

0.5 because she can actually be of use with Fortify unlike a certain LENA AND MARIA that shall remain nameless.

Can use Fortify I guess for a turn or two. Really though, that's not much.

0.25/10 - 1 bias

-.75/10

Edited by Knuckles

Isn't again B, or does the main site have it wrong?

Yes, It's B. The poster you quoted made a mistake there...

Why do I keep on thinking Again is A

okay so Lena can again oops it's a .2 difference whatever

Saving 1 turn should be worth more than scrubs who save no turns and can't do shit ever. You know, all those combat units other than Michalis and Nagi after a certain point.

Edited by Fat Bunny

Saving 1 turn should be worth more than scrubs who save no turns and can't do shit ever. You know, all those combat units other than Michalis and Nagi after a certain point.

Because turns counts means everything!!!!!!

Oh wait that is only on Drafts...

Seriously those scrubs like you want to call them at least exist for more than 1 turn, have acces to base arena AND COMBAT.

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

Because turns counts means everything!!!!!!

Oh wait that is only on Drafts...

Seriously those scrubs like you want to call them at least exist for more than 1 turn, have acces to base arena AND COMBAT.

But those same scrubs have AWFUL COMBAT. Id rather have a full team of GOOD COMBAT units than scrubs like ASSTRAM and utility beats awful combat.

EDIT: Also, fat bunny has never played a draft I think so idk what youre trying to say.

Edited by Professor PicKLe

Personally, I'd take a a unit that can beremotely useful for one turn over someone who can't, like Samson.

Why do I keep on thinking Again is A

I think it's because it starts with A, at least that's what it was for me :\

Edited by bottlegnomes

But those same scrubs have AWFUL COMBAT. Id rather have a full team of GOOD COMBAT units than scrubs like ASSTRAM and utility beats awful combat.

EDIT: Also, fat bunny has never played a draft I think so idk what youre trying to say.

You didn't need to bash Astram like that... :facepalm:

I wasn't insulting anyone!!! I... this is nah... (I could feel as an insult to my persrson though)

Anyway AWFUL COMBAT IS STILL BETTER THAN NO COMBAT AND 1 TURN UTILITY (except very exceptional cases and Nyna contribution is 4-2 character contribution to save 1 turn/ heal someone for another round agaisnt medeus...) hence people could say she has negative utility by reviving Medeus

What people are trying to say is they'd probably rather have nothing than a unit that has no offensive potential and gets utterly destroyed by enemies

Astram is somewhat redeemable, but dudes like Tomas and Vyland are eternally boned