B: Wrath 3
C: Drive Res 2
S: 

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This feels like the calm before the storm for some reason. I guess the LHB is going to be pretty rough come home already Kaden, I need your buffing powers!

So, that happened. Legendary Hector and Ophelia are dumb, Selkie is a creature, and Lyon with T-Adept, Bowbreaker, and a Quick Riposte seal wrecks the green mage and the archer. If any of them had Shove, Smite, or Reposition, I probably could have gotten Lyon into the right corner in range of both the green mage and archer. Didn't really matter as I was able to position them after a few turns so that after baiting the green mage, Lyon moved to the right to take out the archer on player phase, Selkie moved up to destroy the red manakete, and Hector and Ophelia combined their power to take out Panne with Hector staying in range of the flying blue mage who died on enemy phase. The sword armor disintegrated to Ophelia after that.

Edit: Here's an infernal guide for anyone who needs it.

Team of 5* Eir (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral), 4* Ursula, and a level 1 3* Walhart.

Edited by Kaden

Did all 3 with L!Marth, Surtr, Ophelia and Azura. And I now have 6 3*-4* blue beasts I don't know what to do. The Ghb was pretty easy overall, though I know what this means. The next LHB is going to be crazy. I hope this setup works but as long as I get even 1 orb I will be fine (I have gone beyond broken when it comes to orbs).

Edited by SuperNova125

Another simple GHB. Julia, Ike, and Lucina were joined by Linde this time around, although she ended up not doing anything important. I'm looking forward to the LHB, since that should provide an actual challenge.

Honestly though, I do prefer the “easier” GHBs to the fuckbullshit LHBs with fucktonne of reinforcements every turn out of every turn when you physically cannot counteract their appearance and shit. Fuck those. Bless our lord and saviour Pheonixmaster1, as always. I don’t even remotely care about the upcoming “legendary” hero (even if he’s a good boy and his father is a good guy as well) but yeah, I like it when the difficulty is not the bullshit “kill every fucking living thing before you are overwhelmed by reinforcements because of course you will be because that’s the only fucking way FEH can do difficulty because fuck you”.

Because fuck you, player. And fuck me as a player. When I play GBF—and I do get a huge fucking lot of enjoyment out of GBF despite its grindiness, and FEH has got no grinding at all, no resource grinding or anything, it’s like it’s a Western MMO and not an Eastern one, whatever—when I fail some of the shit GBF has to offer me, it’s clear that my weapons grid is not up to task and I should grind up some more stuff, and that nakes sense, unlike in FEH where I cannot improve unless I pull some of the most recent 5★ exclusive with their 5★ exclusive skills and weapons and BST and whatever.

What is this rant about? About the lack of actual progression in FEH. Why can a newbie whale be the same as a diligent old-time player with their potential and limits? Is money really worth more than loyalty? As everyone here knows, I’ve been playing FEH since release on the 2nd of February, 2017 with the only month-long break in Naga-fucking-damned January 2019. The game has stagnated since whoever knows when with no improvement whatsoever, except for forging bonds writing, I guess? Alts still reign supreme with only barely fewer alts available than in the same time interval as last year, and new characters influx has come to a crawl. Four/five? new characters once per fucking month, holy damn oh wow, such a huge cry from what’s been a thing two years ago. Is this the same game where Raigh and Fir were in on release? Where Lucius and Priscilla came in three months? Is this the same game there alts are the name of, y’know, the game? Where the questions like “which of the characters can be introduced as seasonals to be forever forgotten as they inevitably will be because of course they will” are something the playerbase even conceivably discusses?

Is this the celebration of the whole series—as it was declared and proclaimed back in January 2017—or a celebration of a handful of “popular” characters such as the winners of CYL? What is this game anyway and anymore?

This was a pretty easy GHB, just the way I like it. I used my infantry team (Martha, Nowi, Soren and Lucius).

Panne is a good unit, but I don't know if I will use her on my cavalry team... Silas already does the job of a blue melee cavalry, and he does it well.

@Vaximillian Yeah... This game started to become a celebration of "popular" characters, fan-service and lolis.

Cleared all three maps with Cav!Hrìd, Archer!Lucina, Brave Veronica and M!Grima.

Hrìd bated the green mage and archer mostly killing both, Grima gave Panne a comprehensive thrashing and Veronica took a hit from the manakete.  Lucina sniped the rest/finished off some other units.  Should have filmed it but was too lazy.  Also too lazy to list skills etc.  However mostly budget builds with Grima having aether for self healing.

This was shockingly easy. Usually the infernal map places a red, blue and green unit at equal attacking ranges to keep you from distant counter tanking, or at least making it exceedingly difficult. Here the added red unit was one range shy.

At any rate, my armor team (Brave Ephraim, Valentine Ike, Dark Emperor Hardin, Christmas Eirika) made short work of it.

Vax's talk has reignited my interest in GBF, but further affirmed my views on the current state or rather stagnation of the game.

Since I made a new account I can only do the easiest difficulty right now. One thing which others noted is that the green cav looks exploitable.

Very easy. Brought my usual flier team, which turned out to be overkill.

I gave Cecilia another merge recently, so I'll need to scrounge up a few hundred more feathers to upgrade Panne, but that shouldn't take long.

@Robert of Normandy - that was great lol i was trying to think how i wanted to use my FlySquad in this, and i am gonna have to be really tricky. (I think I do need Minerva for ward fliers)... i'll play with this when i get home :) I always do love one round clears!  this was nicely done. too bad morgan didn't have much to do but everyone else was like piece of cake!

Impossible on Lunatic and above I say.

Not really. I just can't be bothered to use more than a minimum of brainpower with this game. If I get a GO on any difficulty, I just give up trying. That I am massively behind compared to everyone else in terms of resources and will remain so just makes me further pessimistic. I'll only exert effort if there is a character I want as the GHB and thus desire a 4* copy.

Not to say I normally play FE this way, since I am nearly done with FE3 Book 1 for the first time, and I've definitely been thinking there. And with this post made, on to vs. Gharnef, where the only braindead thing I'll be doing is figuring out which is the real one (someone didn't think that through).

@Alexmender Nice! Other than Panne herself none of the enemies looked like they gave you any trouble. I definitely feel like the next LHB is gonna be extra rough though to compensate for this map...

The green cavalier was really easy to take advantage of

Overall a very easy GHB personally, which is nice since I really wanted Panne.

@mampfoid

Continuing our discussion from last time, I’m paying the price for not actually reading those patch notes: I didn’t realize that coloring the asset & flaw was a settings option. Now I feel silly. Those will start showing as of next video.

Anyway, the one-turn. 3-mov Caeda is fun. I forgot that deploying her alongside Azura during Water season gives her +3 HP. When I first tried, she received the Atk Tactic buff and the whole strat flopped because copying that buff to Def gave her enough to not take 50% from the Sword Armor, even with Life and Death. I guess if she had really needed the Atk buff, I could have just removed Prayer Wheel.

This has to be some kind of personal record for number of times in a row I got to deploy Caeda and Marth in a Hero Battle one-turn.

Edited by LordFrigid

@Nanima, @mcsilas, @Robert of Normandy,
(and everyone else, coz. i mean. tagging. not working LOL)

I didn't have time to fuss around w/FlySquad as i mentioned. I realised though Myrrh needed a lot of help (mostly ward/fortify), so I might deploy another team, i have to test it out first. But with my free Ticket summon, i did get a Ninian! so I I am finally, finally able to do DRAGON EMBLEM the way I've wanted - and I know the running joke is i want to build every unit in FEH ;) so now it's finally time to work on my second favourite theme in the game. DragonSquadron! (Maybe I'll have to work on this name)

This one is also cheating - but i'll work on it i promise. 
The Squad:
Myrrh the Red: +atk 
Myrrh the Green: +def
Tiki the Legend: +hp.
Ninian (who is kinda spacey): +def/-hp. 

the issue here is - Panne due to the debuffs can really kick Myrrh (Green)'s butt on the EP phase, and while my baby can take a lot of beatings, she can't handle that + the mage and expect to do anything else. (and w/o the KO, Panne gets healed up and is ready to unleash some Astra buttwhopping). This is where Myrrh the red comes in... Woila!!

@Landmaster @mampfoid @daisy jane @Nanima @mcsilas @Robert of Normandy @kirauza343

Tagging all you clear video junkies because Wynaut.

Really easy GHB this time. Managed to do it with my usual budget Horse team. Didn't even bother changing the skills from what they usually have, so probably half that stuff isn't even needed.

Panne's HP on Infernal was a bit annoying, but she doesn't have enough Atk to do much of anything to Legendary Lyn, so I just had her wall her for a turn while I killed the stragglers.

The usual team:

+10 Lyn [+Spd] (Sol Katti [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, Spur Spd 3, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Def 2, Drive Res 2)

Edited by Ice Dragon