The Grand Hero Battle's Table: Gharnef

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That day will be the day I quit this game.

Why? A (limited) ranged version would be cool (similar to future Vision). After all Awekening had ranged GF units. 

11 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

GHB: Gharnef, AKA “How to space enemies in a 1-turn-friendly manner, part 2” (with part 1 being Corrin & Kana).

Ha, I knew you wouldn't get into trouble with this one. 

Nice touch with 4* Gordin. My first thought was Cav + Flier + 2 dancers. 

See mine this evening (it takes longer because I record on PC now). 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why? A (limited) ranged version would be cool (similar to future Vision). After all Awekening had ranged GF units. 

I’ve had enough deaths to Future Vision already, thanks but no thanks.
After all, Awakening Galeforce was fuckbroken.

Just now, mampfoid said:

Gharnef's sprite chuckling evil at the start of each turn is cool. They really improved sprite quality. 

I hope they update some of the old sprites someday. Like make Eirika stab instead of slash.

@LordFrigid I feel sorry for Gharnef. And here I was thinking it'd be hard to get one-turns on this.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I hope they update some of the old sprites someday. Like make Eirika stab instead of slash.

Yeah, that would be very nice. A sassy pose here, more accurate battle animations there. I fear they'll save that for alts. 

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And here I was thinking it'd be hard to get one-turns on this.

Distances are perfect, Guard and Special Fighter (on a 50 DEF unit) are the only obstacles. 

Edited by mampfoid
comma

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, that would be very nice. A sassy pose, here, more accurate battle animations there. I fear they'll save that for alts. 

Distances are perfect, Guard and Special Fighter (on a 50 DEF unit) are the only obstacles. 

That's what they seem to be doing, yeah...

Caeda makes it all happen, huh? If we didn't have Wing Sword, it would be a lot harder.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Used my -DEF Elincia. :-) 

She needed DEF Tactic, Hone Fliers, ATK Smoke and DEF ploy though. 

Quads work too, I guess. That's a lotta buffs/debuffs.

@LordFrigid @Zeo @Alexmender @mcsilas @Vaximillian @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Here's my Gharnef clear. I made sure to have Linde kill him with Aura. Maybe someday we'll get a Linde alt with Starlight.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here's my Gharnef clear. I made sure to have Linde kill him with Aura. Maybe someday we'll get a Linde alt with Starlight.

Nice clear, Lucina cleared the field for Linde to do her job with that scary pointy-nose guy. 

Starlight sounds like a cool tome animation. 

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Quads work too, I guess. That's a lotta buffs/debuffs.

Yeah, Elincia often needs a lot of help. Caeda would be better here, but mine doesn't have Galeforce. 

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Starlight sounds like a cool tome animation. 

It does look quite neat. I don’t want any more alts, though.
So either Gotoh gets it when he makes it in (and he should, damn it!), or Linde gets an alternate weapon to Aura, or both.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

In the video a guy named Chris wields it. 

Starlight isn’t locked to Linde. It just makes the most sense to give it to her lorewise.
Chris is the older rendition of Kris; New Mystery’s “avatar”.

Edited by Vaximillian

@mampfoid @Landmaster No, moving Titania to bait Gharnef wasn't necessary. Yes, flexing on Gharnef was necessary.

I could've saved myself a lot of grief by using a different set of skills/units, but I wanted to see if I could pull it off with the usual suspects first. The biggest problems were, of all things, the Axe Knight with Harsh Command and the Axe Cavalier with Lunge. It took me a few tries to find a formation where F!Grima wouldn't pop like a water balloon from getting dragged out of position and slaughtered by a unit whose debuffs were inverted (case and point, she lives with 2 HP after tanking Gharnef). It just goes to show how the unexpected and underused skills can shove a monkey wrench in your usual strategy. It's given me the idea to run Harsh Command on my Aether Raids team to counter the billion Aversas flying around.

Edited by Some Jerk

57 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Chris is the older rendition of Kris; New Mystery’s “avatar”.

Ah ok. I don't know how much personality he got in his game. Do you think he'll get a unit like Robin? 

17 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster No, moving Titania to bait Gharnef wasn't necessary. Yes, flexing on Gharnef was necessary.

Ha, that CC on Veronica had me surprised! Seeing it help her to destroy the red dragon let me realize (again) how much sense that skill makes on her. 

Titania one-shotting the blue dragon was a preview to the final, where she had 100% overkill over Gharnef's 1 HP. ^^

Astonishing how much beating Grima can take, great tanking there! 

26 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

It just goes to show how the unexpected and underused skills can shove a monkey wrench in your usual strategy.

I actually use Lunge a lot in my clears. Harsh Command is rare to me, Gunters are for Hone Cav. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Ah ok. I don't know how much personality he got in his game. Do you think he'll get a unit like Robin? 

Very likely both Krises will get units like the Robins, the Corrins, the Morgans, and the Kanas have got. It only makes sense.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

So either Gotoh gets it when he makes it in (and he should, damn it!), or Linde gets an alternate weapon to Aura, or both.

Gotoh will most likely bring it with him since he was its creator. Linde herself got a refine already in the form of Dark Aura so it can also be saved for an alt or...Wendell.

Infernal Gharnef in one turn: 

Elincia needed some help to beat that 50 DEF/ Special Fighter armor: Hone Fliers / DEF tactic by Airzura, DEF ploy by OG Azura and her own (brand new) ATK smoke. 

@daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy Didn't we talk about Elincia earlier? :-)