Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

I could not remember that GHB being that annoying. 

Calvary quest was not too bad, but the others were all painful. 

The bow users are made my life miserable, but thankfully FGrima did not care for them. And my plan to give DB4, Galeforce and heavy blade seal to Hinoka was the key to the success. She could proc galeforce at the right time and even one shot Aversa (with buffs). 

I still need to take her out with Aversa and Sharena to get all the rewards. Latter will not be possible because for being 4* she is useless (even with TA and red tome breaker). 

Edited by Rosalina

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was able to beat Infernal using Legendary Ike, Lewyn, Aversa, and Titania.

Still salty about that accidental 4 star merge. That's 450 grails that could have gone elsewhere, and grails stack up way too slowly as is. It will take me over 27 weeks to get her to +10.

Edited by Etheus

I usually don't record quest clears but I did both and an extra one on Infernal. The quests were done on Lunatic because I'd like to keep my sanity it's more convenient that way.

Spoiler

Trying to play around Aversa's Night caused some headache but Lunatic wasn't that bad. 

Changed the clear halfway through the recording because I realized I can take advantage of of Escape Route on Sharena. Random SI comes in handy sometimes. Darting Blow and Ask/Spd 1 seal were just enough for Sharena to double Aversa. 

I wanted to use SfP!Flora one more time before I don't get to field her as often.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Went back and decided to do this with the updated Princesses, but no dancer this time!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori @mcsilas @kirauza343 @Azuris @Robert of Normandy @daisy jane @ruruo

Music: Surgam Identidem - from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (funnily enough this means "I will always rise again" which is basically what my attitude during this battle was xD)

Due to the lack of dancer, and one less unit to help with positioning, this didn't feel any easier than last time despite my units having grown stronger over time. Aversa's weapon effect is just plain evil. It was good to get rid of the armours in the very beginning though. I sacrificed the Christmas!Ephraim from the LG banner, so my Senkura could have Atk/Def solo and it helped so much. Hinoka actually got some kills of her own during this battle, since I really needed it. haha Really, I spend a third of my day banging my head against this. It was a struggle to the very end, with me having to get miracle for the last three damned enemies. Certainly quite a ride, but I am proud of doing it (especially after failing against Marth). Hope you enjoyed!

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Went back and decided to do this with the updated Princesses, but no dancer this time!

I like the update! Sakura tanks Aversa even debuffed and kitty Sakura does the same, but killing boss Aversa in the process. Nearly forgot how clutch this map was, but your princesses clear everything with calm and majesty. 

Congrats! 

Aversa's quests were tricky. My teams:

• Sharena, Dancer Micaiah, Brave Veronica, Cecilia
  • Aversa, Legendary Azura, Brave Veronica, Cecilia
  • Sigurd, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica

Nothing special, just the Lunatic Cav Quest because I got to use a couple new faces~

11 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I usually don't record quest clears but I did both and an extra one on Infernal. The quests were done on Lunatic because I'd like to keep my sanity it's more convenient that way.

Hide contents

Trying to play around Aversa's Nigh caused some headache but Lunatic wasn't that bad. 

Changed the clear halfway through the recording because I realized I can take advantage of of Escape Route on Sharena. Random SI comes in handy sometimes. Darting Blow and Ask/Spd 1 seal were just enough for Sharena to double Aversa. 

I wanted to use SfP!Flora one more time before I don't get to field her as often.

Ooooh, loved the one with the twins! Flora’s massive Res is really great for this map, taking no damage from those mages and even Aversa. Looked like a lot of fun!

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori @mcsilas @kirauza343 @Azuris @Robert of Normandy @daisy jane @ruruo

Music: Surgam Identidem - from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (funnily enough this means "I will always rise again" which is basically what my attitude during this battle was xD)

Due to the lack of dancer, and one less unit to help with positioning, this didn't feel any easier than last time despite my units having grown stronger over time. Aversa's weapon effect is just plain evil. It was good to get rid of the armours in the very beginning though. I sacrificed the Christmas!Ephraim from the LG banner, so my Senkura could have Atk/Def solo and it helped so much. Hinoka actually got some kills of her own during this battle, since I really needed it. haha Really, I spend a third of my day banging my head against this. It was a struggle to the very end, with me having to get miracle for the last three damned enemies. Certainly quite a ride, but I am proud of doing it (especially after failing against Marth). Hope you enjoyed!

Wow, Princesses with no dancer! Senkura with Atk/Def Solo is really awesome! Her Pain chipping was really valuable with so many reinforcements on this map. OG!Sakura with double Bonds is, of course, still a monster and Gravity comes in pretty clutch. Sakunyan takes some big damage but she’s still able to Res tank the mages. I loved that even on the smallest slivers of health, Sakura will fight rather than heal the others, haha! Hinoka flying in to save them when they need it is so wholesome and her refine came in really handy~ That was really amazing and I loved the music!

I discovered I can kill Aversa with Aversa and Sharena on Paralogue 26-1 for the quests. Much easier!

What I'm really struggling is to complete the all cavalry quest, as those are the units I have the fewest of in variety and quality.

Edited by Lanko

@Lanko I find using Ethlyn works well for the cavalry quest- she can heal your horses while not being adjacent thanks to Physic. An archer like Brave Lyn also helps because of the amount of fliers, and I used Silas for the armours and Brave Sword enemy, while using Reposition to keep the team out of harm's way. The last unit I used was a Galeforce Siegbert, but any similar player phase red cav (maybe Eliwood?) would do against the green mages (the wolf tome mage is annoying). The key is to use the cav's high movement and split the enemies' forces up.

@Nanima That looked painful to figure out, but it was an impressive clear! Your Sakuras really dish out the damage, and warping Hinoka helped protect her sisters by deleting things quickly! I was scared when the Brave Sword enemy attacked Senkura but impressed when she survived! Glacies on Aversa was so satisfying! It may have been time-consuming, but it was a highlight especially for a map like this!

@Landmaster Wow, Genny barely survived with 1 HP but that didn't matter. Nice to see the new cavs in action, Sue looks interesting to use with her bow.

Alright, so Aversa's back and this was my chance to try again with a Grima clear after I failed the first time. After finally biting the bullet and doing a lot of skill inheritance for specific situations, I finally managed to clear it!

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk/-Res Female Grima, neutral Aversa (Grima worshipper), +HP/-Def Male Morgan (Has Grima's Truth as a weapon)

Music is Slasher Zero from the King of Fighters 2000

-First of all the real final boss of this map was that darn axe flier with the Slaying Hammer. Aerobatics in a map like this is evil, and male Grima had to be really wary of the effective damage. That said, since everyone in my team hits Res for melee units, Aversa and Female Grima can barely damage the axe flier if they don't have specials or Poison Strike. Speaking of, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded the Poison Strike seal for this a I found an alternate way to deal with the pesky flier advancing too fast. As you'll see, Aversa uses Poison Strike on the armour to start the map, this way the axe flier wastes their turn using Reciprocal Aid on the blue knight.

Later on, I finally defeat the damned axe flier thanks to Aversa's Axebreaker and charging Dragon Fang. That felt so satisfying.

-Morgan takes heavy damage straight away while deleting the archer, but I finally took advantage of this by giving him Escape Route (he had to escape the left side in later turns when the Brave Lance flier spawns). His warping also helps male Grima delete the Firesweep lance Flier thanks to his Drive Atk SS. Spur Def/Res and his debuff tome, Grima's Truth, was also key in letting male Grima survive the mages + lance armour onslaught, as he can only have so much HP to tank. Had to make sure I had male Grima's Armoured Boots active as long as possible, since this map isn't kind to armours.

-Female Grima's flier movement was important in ferrying my team around, but also her Dragonskin was key in dealing with the bow archer. She shines in the second half of the map, but she still needed both Ward Fliers and Ward Dragons support in the end, as without Ward Fliers, she is left with 1 HP and the axe wyvern can actually deal the exact 1 HP to KO her if Aversa didn't have Ward Fliers to help her. WIth both Wards active, the axe wyvern was forced to attack Aversa instead.

So yeah, really proud I finally made this clear work, this was a real challenge.

This map is horrible.

So, Aversa cleared with Brinian, Michalis and Spring Loki. It's pretty much the most reliable, with Aversa getting the kill on the second turn despite being affected by the debuff, nobody being in serious danger and Michalis needs a better B skill, never mind his issues with his being a gen 1 unit.

Sharena.... I just did a hard clear and went searching for the kill in AA instead, I ain't got that good an Askrtrio.

Cav cleared with LunEirika, Finn, Walhart and Brunonica. Atk/Spd solo is the best, really allowed the chance to get Aversa out early and the cav boosts helped the rest of the map. Despite the few Panic Ploy annoyances.

Infernal has not yet been cleared. I hate this map.

Edited by Dayni

@Nanima A tricky team for such a tricky map. Big sis Hinoka warping around to skewer the jerks bullying her little sisters helped. That poor lance Cav probably really wanted to move forward after several gravities in a row.

@Landmaster Those are all new faces yeah. Sigurd really likes this map with his bulk and his anti mage weapon. Any plans to use any of the 4 further?

I seem to have missed this one the first time around. Either because I could't beat it or just because I did't care too much at the time. 

I took legMarth out to play for a bit and he did pretty well. Helping Merric get his special faster and doubling/killing everything himself.

Merric took good care of the fliers and his best bud gave him plenty of help with proccing Luna.

Lyon  had a important role at the start while doing some chip damage after that.

Bridal ninian supported the nice guy squad, but she's still waiting for Brave Eliwood.

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I like the update! Sakura tanks Aversa even debuffed and kitty Sakura does the same, but killing boss Aversa in the process. Nearly forgot how clutch this map was, but your princesses clear everything with calm and majesty. 

Yeah, I am so proud of my princesses' resilience. Still had some bad memories of Aversa and they were proven right by how tough it still was. Made the victory all the sweeter though.

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Nothing special, just the Lunatic Cav Quest because I got to use a couple new faces~

Nice to see the picknick friends! And someone else using Leo as the Raventome Cav he is meant to be. I approve! Quite the risk you took with Genny in the beginning, but she managed to hang on anyway. Lots of destructive power on display, and Sigurd just being plain tanky of course. Nice job!

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Wow, Princesses with no dancer! Senkura with Atk/Def Solo is really awesome! Her Pain chipping was really valuable with so many reinforcements on this map. OG!Sakura with double Bonds is, of course, still a monster and Gravity comes in pretty clutch. Sakunyan takes some big damage but she’s still able to Res tank the mages. I loved that even on the smallest slivers of health, Sakura will fight rather than heal the others, haha! Hinoka flying in to save them when they need it is so wholesome and her refine came in really handy~ That was really amazing and I loved the music!

The Sakuras are born to fight. Mere injuries will not prevent them from dishing out the pain/gravity. Although Senkuras likes still heals sometimes, OG!Sakura is just too focused on slamming down the enemies. haha Hinoka watched out for opportunities to help and took them. Nobody is beating her sisters on her watch! And thank you!

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

That looked painful to figure out, but it was an impressive clear! Your Sakuras really dish out the damage, and warping Hinoka helped protect her sisters by deleting things quickly! I was scared when the Brave Sword enemy attacked Senkura but impressed when she survived! Glacies on Aversa was so satisfying! It may have been time-consuming, but it was a highlight especially for a map like this!

Indeed, it wasn't the Sakura's not being powerful enough, but just too many enemies gunning for them at the same time while dealing with that annoying debuff. But it was fun figuring it out in the end. Senkura really is so durable. 37 Def when on her own is nothing to scoff at, and I love knowing my healer is so realible at survival. Thanks!

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

After finally biting the bullet and doing a lot of skill inheritance for specific situations, I finally managed to clear it!

Congrats on finally clearing it the way you wanted. That's one very badass fell team you assembled. Morgan really packed a punch and also took it pretty well. The Grimas are both so tough it's amazing. Very good clear, I am glad we were finally able to see it.

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

A tricky team for such a tricky map. Big sis Hinoka warping around to skewer the jerks bullying her little sisters helped. That poor lance Cav probably really wanted to move forward after several gravities in a row.

Hinoka trusts her little sisters, but when jerks get uppity on them she's quick to crush. And yeah, someone had to keep him contained. haha

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

I seem to have missed this one the first time around. Either because I could't beat it or just because I did't care too much at the time. 

You always bring in the most interesting and rarely seen units. This time you showed off why Merric and Lyon should be more appreciated. They were both tough and more than able to hold their own against the horde. Marth was an army unto himself and Ninian kept everyone's spirits up. Having Marth teleport in to finish Aversa was a great finale. Good job!

Yes, Leon and three dancers can do it, but it's surprisingly tricky.  Instead of stalling the boss, I had to have Leon rush into her range ASAP.  Once she went down, the map became a lot less complicated.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:49 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Wow, Genny barely survived with 1 HP but that didn't matter. Nice to see the new cavs in action, Sue looks interesting to use with her bow.

Alright, so Aversa's back and this was my chance to try again with a Grima clear after I failed the first time. After finally biting the bullet and doing a lot of skill inheritance for specific situations, I finally managed to clear it!

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk/-Res Female Grima, neutral Aversa (Grima worshipper), +HP/-Def Male Morgan (Has Grima's Truth as a weapon)

Music is Slasher Zero from the King of Fighters 2000

-First of all the real final boss of this map was that darn axe flier with the Slaying Hammer. Aerobatics in a map like this is evil, and male Grima had to be really wary of the effective damage. That said, since everyone in my team hits Res for melee units, Aversa and Female Grima can barely damage the axe flier if they don't have specials or Poison Strike. Speaking of, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded the Poison Strike seal for this a I found an alternate way to deal with the pesky flier advancing too fast. As you'll see, Aversa uses Poison Strike on the armour to start the map, this way the axe flier wastes their turn using Reciprocal Aid on the blue knight.

Later on, I finally defeat the damned axe flier thanks to Aversa's Axebreaker and charging Dragon Fang. That felt so satisfying.

-Morgan takes heavy damage straight away while deleting the archer, but I finally took advantage of this by giving him Escape Route (he had to escape the left side in later turns when the Brave Lance flier spawns). His warping also helps male Grima delete the Firesweep lance Flier thanks to his Drive Atk SS. Spur Def/Res and his debuff tome, Grima's Truth, was also key in letting male Grima survive the mages + lance armour onslaught, as he can only have so much HP to tank. Had to make sure I had male Grima's Armoured Boots active as long as possible, since this map isn't kind to armours.

-Female Grima's flier movement was important in ferrying my team around, but also her Dragonskin was key in dealing with the bow archer. She shines in the second half of the map, but she still needed both Ward Fliers and Ward Dragons support in the end, as without Ward Fliers, she is left with 1 HP and the axe wyvern can actually deal the exact 1 HP to KO her if Aversa didn't have Ward Fliers to help her. WIth both Wards active, the axe wyvern was forced to attack Aversa instead.

So yeah, really proud I finally made this clear work, this was a real challenge.

Very good clear and perfect team! F!Grima really helped moving everyone around and her Brazen+Ward Stacking made her quite the wall. I love Escape Routing Morgan so it was fun to see him here! M!Grima also put in a good amount of work here taking on the bottom of the map~ Well done working around using an all Res hitting team~

On 5/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Sasori said:

@Landmaster Those are all new faces yeah. Sigurd really likes this map with his bulk and his anti mage weapon. Any plans to use any of the 4 further?

I took legMarth out to play for a bit and he did pretty well. Helping Merric get his special faster and doubling/killing everything himself.

Merric took good care of the fliers and his best bud gave him plenty of help with proccing Luna.

Lyon  had a important role at the start while doing some chip damage after that.

Bridal ninian supported the nice guy squad, but she's still waiting for Brave Eliwood.

Oooo Merric and Lyon with L!Marth. Merric was really awesome taking down a lot of enemies and Lyon's tankiness is awesome! I always love seeing L!Marth and he was really good, too, dealing with the right half of the map! Great work and cool team!

On 5/5/2019 at 2:46 PM, Nanima said:

Nice to see the picknick friends! And someone else using Leo as the Raventome Cav he is meant to be. I approve! Quite the risk you took with Genny in the beginning, but she managed to hang on anyway. Lots of destructive power on display, and Sigurd just being plain tanky of course. Nice job!

The Sakuras are born to fight. Mere injuries will not prevent them from dishing out the pain/gravity. Although Senkuras likes still heals sometimes, OG!Sakura is just too focused on slamming down the enemies. haha Hinoka watched out for opportunities to help and took them. Nobody is beating her sisters on her watch! And thank you!

Indeed, Leo's perfect with Raventome, not a regret in giving it to him, especially for AR. Genny did end up quite the trooper after Aversa's Panic.

Yeah haha, OG!Sakura wants to leave the healing to Senkura so she can rampage freely XD But it's what she does best~

On 5/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, Flying Shogi said:

@Landmaster Nice use of Fireflood Balm. I personally prefer Imbue over anything that's not Windfire Balm so it's nice to see others take advantage of them.

Thanks! That additional Res was pretty helpful this time. With the CYL Banners, I'm actually in possession of some Windfire Balms now, haha~

Aversa's inferno has been dealt with. It took long enough, but HA! No guide (Sadly yes Rein, but he's not doing perfectly here).

Cleared with LunEirika (+1, Reposition, Fortify Cav, Atk/Spd 2 Seal), Reinhardt (Reposition, DeB 3, Lancebreaker 3, Chill Atk Seal (This does not have as much of an impact as I thought, Aversa isn't the highest on the map to start off with and I don't deal with the first guy who is until the end)), Walhart (Draw Back, Bonfire, Brazen Atk/Def 3, Chill Def, Hone Cav, QR3) and Brunonica (Atk +3, Fortify Cav, LtS), starting similarly to the Cav clear on Lunatic but Rein and Walhart move Eirika and Veronica up so the archer and mage are dealt with. Aversa then gets taken out next turn, Eirika's healed so that she can survive the sword user and the lance cav that showed up gets Rein'd on. After this turn I pull back a bit, looping downward to deal with the armours and start clearing out the enemies on the right side. Rein has to take a hit or two from the sword armour in this period ut it allows everyone else to do as needed including Walhart distracting the fliers and bow cav (he eventually traps the bow cav), Eirika mostly reopsitions and Veronica heals. Eventually the last enemy left is the first lance knight and Walhart takes out for the clear.

Gharnef is going to be awful next month, I know it. I was so distrcted from the game I didn't even finish Lunatic. But if I can eat Infernal Aversa, I can do that one, right?

FINALLY did the Cavalry quest. The guides provided some insight but couldn't do any of them as I don't have Walhart, Ethlin, Reinhardt, Finn, Mage Titania and etc. Still, useful info.

Manage to work it out with Brave Veronica, 4* Camus, Peri and Picnic Leo.

Had to Summoner Support Veronica with an A and S her with Camus so all the support bonuses combined with the +ATK+SPD to Cavalry skill from Camus would allow Veronica to ORKO the green mage on the upper left and tank Aversa as well. Also had to inherit Veronica a +2 ATK A Skill from a 4* Lilina to have the exact numbers necessary.

Leo also had Spur Def Seal, so this with S with Peri gave her 4 Defense (And she gave him 2), which allowed them to actually take some necessary hits (living with 2 and 4 HP at some points). Kept clearing and healing up, kiting the bottom red knight until Veronica could debuff and take 90% of his HP and Peri finished him.

Whew!

Edited by Lanko

• 3 months later...

@mampfoid

I usually don't tag you when unless it's a theme clear or initial clear of the map but I'm proud of this clear so I wanted to show someone my questionable moves where I where I have a mage face tank a physical hit

Playing around Panic kept me on my toes but luckily Aversa was dealt with early. As one would expect, playing around Aversa's Night means being smart with your positioning. Noteworthy mentions:

WE!Eirkia has to be in the 4th slot or else the Hammer!Pegasus Knight will move towards the mountains and not straight down

Katarina needed the Drive Atk and +6 Atk buff from her tome to KO the Bracing Blow blue mage cavalier with Iceberg

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I usually don't tag you when unless it's a theme clear or initial clear of the map but I'm proud of this clear so I wanted to show someone my questionable moves where I where I have a mage face tank a physical hit

Sure, tag me without hesitation if you have something cool to show. I loved this map when it came out, my Oliver clear was really fun to do back then. 

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Playing around Panic kept me on my toes but luckily Aversa was dealt with early. As one would expect, playing around Aversa's Night means being smart with your positioning. Noteworthy mentions:

Yup, that's pretty much the core strategy of most clears in this map. 

Katharina is great here, didn't think she could tank Aversa at low HP. (Never got her or Eirika myself). I saw the flowers, is she one of your favs? 

Great baiting from your side, dragging back katharina to get the green flier over the mountain was indeed unexpected. 

Azura is a no-brainer, but good idea to bring refined Titania to a mixed team clear. I have her with DC, but no GF sadly. 

Congrats! 

22 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I loved this map when it came out, my Oliver clear was really fun to do back then. 

I remember this map took a good number of tries even with my flier team when it first released so I can't really call it fun but it definitely was and still is challenging because I rely so much buffs, especially adjacent ones. I've since then started using 2 range buffs due to various things introduced to the game. 

Katharina is great here, didn't think she could tank Aversa at low HP. (Never got her or Eirika myself). I saw the flowers, is she one of your favs?

Yeah, she's up there with Lugh. I still remember her debut banner and I got her without much trouble(well, it was a 3 red 1 blue banner) and my first copy of her was perfect: +Spd/-Def. 

As for SM!Eirika, I somewhat tried for her on the initial run of the Swift Sparrow banner but my main target was SF!Nino and a Katarina tagged along in the same circle so I lucked out.

Azura is a no-brainer, but good idea to bring refined Titania to a mixed team clear. I have her with DC, but no GF sadly. 

LH!Azura is great. I can say for sure she is the main reason I can clear the Abyssal LHBs/MHBs. 

Your Cordelia drought still going on?

Great baiting from your side, dragging back katharina to get the green flier over the mountain was indeed unexpected. 

Congrats! 

Thanks! I needed to drag her back or else the Firesweep Lance Pegasus Knight would have ended my run.

I realized that I could shave a couple seconds of the clear if I changed the order in which I moved my units so I re-recorded the clear. Can't edit my initial post for some reason so I'll include the video again here.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

As for SM!Eirika, I somewhat tried for her on the initial run of the Swift Sparrow banner but my main target was SF!Nino but a Katarina tagged along in the same circle so I lucked out.

Haha, sounds like a very decent circle.

Your Cordelia drought still going on?

That's not the reason why Titania didn't receive GF. I wanted to build her for Kana's GHB back then, but without damage special she isn't able to deal enough damage. 

I went with Groom Marth and later with Alfonse as my GF axe Cavs. 

As for my spare Cordelias: I pulled two copies recently, so I'm up to 3. Two of them (+SPD and +ATK) I have to keep though, in case I ever want to change her boon (once she gets a prf for example). 

So only one copy available for GF inheritance I'm keeping for emergency. The queue is candidates is long (Kaden, Reyson, Naesala, BH!Eliwood, Edelgard ...). 

I realized that I could shave a couple seconds of the clear if I changed the order in which I moved my units so I re-recorded the clear. Can't edit my initial post for some reason so I'll include the video again here.

Video link looks broken? 

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The queue is candidates is long (Kaden, Reyson, Naesala, BH!Eliwood, Edelgard ...). 

Are you building multiple GF units to build your repertoire? We get a lot of feathers but 20K for a skill isn't a small amount and I can easily spend all of my feathers if the right copy of a merge project shows up.

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Video link looks broken?

It should be fine now. I know the old one is broken because I deleted the video.

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Are you building multiple GF units to build your repertoire? We get a lot of feathers but 20K for a skill isn't a small amount and I can easily spend all of my feathers if the right copy of merge shows up.

I'm not building many merged units like others, so my feathers (~800k) are free for some fun builds.

All of the units I listed will add something unique to my GF squad and I just like to play around with them. 

@Landmaster A cool, albeit quick clear. I've never seen Sue or Green Leo in action before. Was cool seeing them. Lunatic clears are rare these days, but they do allow for more team diversity due to the more lenient stats on the enemies.

@mcsilas Another really intense one here (Yet another smack of nostalgia with that KOF2000 music also. My favorite KOF, by the way). This one is a lot different than I remember with Aversa clears. In most clears I remember people would get rid of Aversa as quickly as possible but in this clear she's more of a looming presence which I think is more of what they were going for when they made this map. This clear was Morgan's, 100%. It was a struggle for survival, every piece fit perfectly into place as you took down the enemies one by one. Morgan getting the kill to go into warp mode and shifting to a mostly supportive role. Grima being placed very specifically in key areas to melt the blues, Aversa getting key kills on the armor and the flier (with a perfectly timed special) and flying Grima keeping things tight with her tanking + flight utility. Even then the enemy whittled you down little by little and it got bad near the end. Stacking the wards for Grima to discourage the axe flier and protect her from the blue one was a brilliant tactic. But even with all that luck was on your side. Had the armor suicided on M!Grima first it would have given the blue mage an opening to finish off M!Morgan, but the AI had mercy on you. 

It's really a lot to think about. Funny how Morgan being part of a clear completely changes the dynamic of it, at least in my experience.

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @silverserpent @LordFrigid @Anacybele

One of my best sets of clears, this map here. Matthew's was epic, Morgan's was epic and the Lon'Qu clear is probably still my favorite Special Clear to this day. Serra steps in and has her turn with this map but it wound up being a rather simple affair. I could have swapped out the DD3 seal on Fae for the CD3 seal but it didn't end up mattering. I needed Drive ATK on L!Azura to give Serra the punch she needed to start the map out because she was forced to eat a nasty special the following turn otherwise. After that it was trivial.

I could have went an alternative route to give Eliwood and Azura a bit more screentime, but it ended up being smoother just going with what I did, plus you get to see just how deceptively tanky Serra is. I wonder if I should give her Fear+ and Close DEF just to make her unfair up close (and increase ATK power!). Anyways, here.

Gharnef is Serra's last stop on the GHB train. After that we've got the BHB coming in few days, then the ultimate set of LHB clears at the end of the month. After that I think I'm going to be done again. Not for good, but this has been something of a vacation and it's just a little time consuming. I've got to get back to other things. So we'll close the month with a bang and go about our business once again.

Oh hey a new subforum!

@Zeo Thanks! Not gonna lie that was one of the most challenging clears I've done and probably the Aversa map always gives me the most resets. Yeah the smart way to do it is to get rid of Aversa ASAP but as you can see, the units I used have very limited movement (or can reach the north bit but can't tank everyone else in enemy phase- if only you had more Res, Morgan!). So glad you eventually got to see this before you're gonna have another break, since you have your famed Morgan clears. (but yeah I can't wait to rest with the recordings for a while as well lol)

And yeah, I was so lucky with that blue armour that I was surprised Grima somehow survived the first time it happened- but hey AI does what AI does. Glad you enjoyed the music, even if I used it ages ago in the first Grima LHB, it still fits in this map because it sort of echoes the LHB and the exotic sounds kind of fit Aversa's Plegian look and feel.

As for your clear, yeah Serra makes quite the deceptive tank! It always surprised me how bulky she can be with her Spd. Poor Aversa couldn't believe it that she could only do 1 damage to her, which was healed up so fast with Absorb (Kind of ironic since in Awakening, Aversa's Night was a more powerful Nosferatu tome with the vamipric healing). Serra living a full powered Vengeance (albeit with Miracle) was my favourite part! Fae just holds the right side like nothing and to be fair, there are a lot of blue units in this map that she can eat for breakfast. Love how those two shared the most of the screen time. Once again, really enjoyed your music options used. Very enjoyable clear!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @daisy jane @NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender

Team is +Spd/-HP Owain, +HP/-Def Male Morgan, neutral Cynthia and neutral Gerome.

Music is Blooming Villain from Persona 5

-So Owain and Morgan have done this map before and are somewhat veterans, but that still doesn't make this clear a pure cakewalk. A lot of resets were involved, and I did end up almost beating it once with an impressive Owain using Brazen Atk/Def to tank Aversa, the brave lance flier AND the green axe flier near the end, but I was in the train so I couldn't record. By the time I could I just forgot and failed to recreate that, so I had to improvise again after some hours.

-Just like the Grimleal clear, Morgan had to be offensive at the start deleting the archer, then switch to teleporting sniper/supporter mode with Escape Route tactics. That green mage with 1 HP left was really annoying but I had to live with it as Morgan needed to warp to the right to delete the Brave Sword. He needed the Atk boost from Brazen to do this, but due to his low health I had to be careful where to place him but also keep in mind Aversa's debuffs turning his own Buffs against him.

-Batman/Gerome really shined in this clear. He kept the right side in control at the start, tanking the armour. With a Drive Atk from fellow flier Cynthia (embarassingly forgot she had this for a while and used the seal instead) and the Steady Blow seal, he just KOs the Firesweep flier then returns to his block the armour with Hit and Run. In fact, his base PoleAxe/Hit and Run just worked so well while he sniped the annoying blue cavs in this map while providing an anchor for Morgan to warp next to.

-While Owain couldn't do that impressive Brazen tanking that I mentioned earlier, he still had his time on the spotlight near the end creating a chokepoint in the left near the end. Owain Dark needed the power of bonds to defeat the Dark One: Aversa which cleared the way for Morgan to finally finish off the green mage opponent he could barely beat at Turn 1. Finally, I let Gerome have the pleasure of finishing the map with how he started- by tanking blue units with ease.

-One thing I regret is not giving everyone their mask accessories since it would have really fit with the Persona 5 theme used as the Justice Cabal fights this villain.