LHB - Julia: Crusader of Light

mampfoid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Exact work indeed!  The devs tried to be mean with the Close Defense seal on Julia, but Roy's still strong enough to punch through it.  I think this is the first time I've seen Clair in one of your clears - she puts in good work for me in AR, but and if I wasn't already swamped with lance fliers I might consider merging her.

I'm still trying to work this one out.  Infernal's been cleared, but even with some of my strongest units the margins were very tight.  Not sure how I'm going to tackle Abyssal.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Micaiah doesn't survive her Dragon Fang...

That's why I needed a melee unit, like Est, because Nowi cannot harm Julia and Micaiah will not survive to her special attack.

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

For science I tried tanking Julia with my Titania, who is +10 and has Triangle Adept on her weapon, which puts her on an even higher magetank tier than base Brave Micaiah. She was still oneshot by that pre-charged Dragon Fang.

The only way you're tanking Abyssal Julia is with a unit custom-built for the purpose, meaning Sacred Cowl and everything, which is rarely practical. Rushing her down with melee is just less headache-inducing.

Thanks, that's one hefty nuke then. 

2 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Exact work indeed!  The devs tried to be mean with the Close Defense seal on Julia, but Roy's still strong enough to punch through it.  I think this is the first time I've seen Clair in one of your clears - she puts in good work for me in AR, but and if I wasn't already swamped with lance fliers I might consider merging her.

Thanks! 

I have to check if I ever used Clair in a clear, she got GF since some time already. I'm waiting for a +ATK copy before making her 4*+10. 

4 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm still trying to work this one out.  Infernal's been cleared, but even with some of my strongest units the margins were very tight.  Not sure how I'm going to tackle Abyssal

This looks difficult for EP units, bet you'll get it done anyway. Good luck! 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's how it's done, congrats! Quad Cherche is best Cherche (no SPD refined though). 

Why doesn't have your +ATK bold fighter L'Hector Galeforce? 

Never gave it to him since he is armored and can't use both bold fighter and wings of mercy 😞

Perhaps I'll give it to him some day, but they are putting all the LHB and MHB units so far away from the starting positions now, so he may never get it.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:12 PM, Maaka said:

My favorite three monster galeforcers take down abyssal Julia in one turn:

Hide contents

People don't use GF Soleil often, nice!~

22 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Landmaster I'm on my second run of Three Houses still... I'm sort of taking it slow on the other routes. Nice clear, though. That 77x2 with Dragon Fang from Julia on Keaton was amazing to look at, but it's even harder to believe Keateon just ended her instantly.

Here's mine. Running double Cordy sure feels good, but unfortunately Summer Cordy wouldn't have quite worked I think. Maybe if a red Cordy comes out, I'll think about the Emblem clear a bit. Though I'll probably give up most of the time.

I'd take it slow if I could but I go back to school next week and can't take my Switch with me so I been speed running these last couple of routes, TBH

A mini Cordelia Emblem looks fun~ The Cordys are on a rampage but poor M!Marth just takes a huge beating until he can get up top and start doing some damage. Fast paced towards the end, OG!Cordelia was definitely the MVP

19 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wasn't able to beat Abyssal yet, not that I care since I don't like Golden Accessories, but I got Infernal last night.

You brave soul, using Nowi on this map~ I only used her up until Infernal~ B!Micaiah’s pretty good since there’s a lot of Armors and Ponies on this map~ Nice 4* Est, too!

7 hours ago, Maaka said:

Never gave it to him since he is armored and can't use both bold fighter and wings of mercy 😞

Perhaps I'll give it to him some day, but they are putting all the LHB and MHB units so far away from the starting positions now, so he may never get it.

Yeah, I think I had had him use GF use twice in XHB maps. One was Tiki though, totally worth it. 

@mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @MrSmokestack @Kaden

Also a sort of blooper :

Spoiler

Hardin clear:

The second video didn't have shitty voice recording since the recording got real bad when i tried doing that one, but the gist of what i want to say in it was mostly mechanics and stuff

On 8/29/2019 at 12:28 PM, mampfoid said:

Yup, they were. Still had some modifiers open (taking SS from Roy, buffing him, different debuffs and so on).

Yeah, we definitely need a new Cordy alt soon and of course a prf for og Cordy.

Quads on Julia are the best way to kill her. Still didn't try the quad set on Bridelia, should do that soon. 

Lovely clear, we need an Cordy accessorie for Azura.

That's true.

We need those definitely.

It's hard to use other bows on Abyssal, unfortunately.

That would be nice....

@Landmaster Good luck in school!

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Why does Reyson also count as a Wood?

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's true.

We need those definitely.

It's hard to use other bows on Abyssal, unfortunately.

That would be nice....

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Why does Reyson also count as a Wood?

Whats a Reyson, i only see Flying Eliwood and his prf Durandal Wings

18 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also a sort of blooper :

Haha, I loved the four Eliwoods clear! (Another time first try!) That evil axe Cav ...

I want to give my brave Eliwood Galeforce as well (surprise) and even my flying Eliwood will make use of it one day. 

Hardin did his killing without bloopers bravely.

One question: why don't you have flowers on your units? If you flowered Hardin, you could go with fury 3 on Roy. 

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Marth’s Bond effect letting her survive a Brave Lance and Green Tome (TA, sure, but still) was neat. That Lance Dragon needing all four shots of Cordelia’s Brave Bow to go down was nuts.

Julia was also nuts. Probably the first time in a long while I had to think hard about Cordy quadding something.

@mampfoid

Thanks
Not quite the intention😁  Well mostly it would be a team of opposites. So things like Canas and Bartre or Niles and like a super innocent characters.

I am considering it. Gordin and Titania where my original plans, but going colourless only got me a depressing amount of identical healers/daggers and Titania also been a no show. I've been showered with Boey's though so I might just do that.

@Landmaster

Vantage Keaton does a good job murdering absolutely everything. I'm surprised at how good he always does since I rarely see him.

The only downside to the refine is that I feel like i've wasted a close counter.....but yeah both refines are great. Mae is a supernuke with it and Boey can now use his a slot to buff up his def.

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, I loved the four Eliwoods clear! (Another time first try!) That evil axe Cav ...

I want to give my brave Eliwood Galeforce as well (surprise) and even my flying Eliwood will make use of it one day. 

Hardin did his killing without bloopers bravely.

One question: why don't you have flowers on your units? If you flowered Hardin, you could go with fury 3 on Roy. 

The only way i can answer that is laziness. I haven't exactly explored the stuff, and the idea of having to put Marth in halfway point since he can get 10 df is kinda eh

And i won't even have enough to begin with since i only started doing AR somewhat actively like a month ago

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

And i won't even have enough to begin with since i only started doing AR somewhat actively like a month ago

Edited 6 hours ago by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Did you solve all Heroic ordeals maps? You should at least solve the book 3 units maps, since they will give less flowers once book 4 will start. 

Oh, I actually got the clear.

Just a team of fliers tearing the map to shreds. When I figured out how. Elincia Summer!Laegjarn, Gerome and Kinoka managed with some seals. Lots of flier formation and resultant shenanigans to avoid getting destroyed by the archer and get Julia (I could not 1-shot with Gerome, she got 2-hit)

On 8/31/2019 at 4:51 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Thanks!

On 8/31/2019 at 3:06 PM, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

Nice job on that clear...exactly 80 damage from Keaton was crazy.

Thanks, thankfully this one was pretty easy in getting his damage output set up

On 9/1/2019 at 4:51 AM, Sasori said:

@Landmaster

Vantage Keaton does a good job murdering absolutely everything. I'm surprised at how good he always does since I rarely see him.

The only downside to the refine is that I feel like i've wasted a close counter.....but yeah both refines are great. Mae is a supernuke with it and Boey can now use his a slot to buff up his def.

Yeah, he's a livesaver~

Ah did yours have CC before? Well the good thing is he can run other tomes with it~ 

@Alexmender Love FE4 music. Hooray for Hilda, you had me scared when she had single digit HP in her first battle, but then Aether happened later. That's some offensive firepower there though.

@mampfoid Oooh awesome stuff. Brave!Brave Roy returns! I bet you're looking forward to using the new refines for the CYL Heroes, can't wait to see those in action. Also really nice to see Clair, she needs more spotlight.

@Ginko Your team has great synergy as usual, I love seeing Shiro double on player phase. Julia had to be left in the end, but you timed your pacing well with a satisfying special. Dagger Emblem also looks really fun, debuffs are always a nice way to dealing with reinforcement maps. Vantage Sothe just wrecks things. Also well done on Kaze for finishing off Julia! 

@Landmaster Wow Keaton sure made it look easy. Julia didn't know what hit her. Such a beast of a beast unit. Also congrats on finally getting Summer Elise's attack back! Ignis on Summer Lyn is an unexpected special but hey it worked!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Double Cordy with double Brave action! Quading is always satisfying to see. M!Marth took quite a bit of damage with 3 health left for a bit, but hey nothing Falchion healing can't fix. Love the OG Cordy missing out on the red armour by 1 HP but activating Galeforce anyway. As for Cordy Emblem, you could do it like Alexmender and use Selena as a red Cordy..sort of.

@daisy jane @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Zeo

Also @DLNarshen and @Vaximillian as well since you're Jugdral fans

So having a full themed clear for a LHB is a big achievement for me. This one took a few hours, it was the final night of this map so I kinda lost sleep on this, but I'm really proud of this.

Team is +Atk/-HP Sigurd, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Res/-Spd Quan and neutral Ethlyn

Music is The Intrepid from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-Wholesome 1st Gen family gets to be together to...defeat Deirdre's daughter? This was really tricky, especially with pesky trees getting in the way of my mostly cavalry team.

-Deirdre's Res boon really work overtime on this map. Tactically taking the south to keep the bottom enemies at bay, as well as reducing Spd on enemies in the north. She just laughs at 1 damage Glimmers. Unfortunately even with her massive Res she can't survive Julia's special though.

-While Sigurd's tankiness is always a marevl to watch, it was Quan that was a real MVP here and I was so impressed with this guy and the extra stats he gets from Gae Bolg. He and his brother-in-law really make a good team- Sigurd's tankiness and Atk Smoke makes enemies flee and try to attack Quan instead, but thanks to the Heavy Blade seal and QR3, they are met with Quan's frequent specials. He really need the 3rd version of QR to defeat the enemies in the chokepoint melee against the axe infantry. 

In fact Heavy Blade seal was the golden solution to all my problems and made things work in the end. I should have tried it sooner with Quan's massive Atk. Additionally, his Drive Atk was really helpful in patching up Deirdre's -Atk, and just supporting the team in general. He may just be another lance cav that can pitybreak you but I'm so proud of him and glad I tried for him in the rerun banners!

-Always wanted use Ethlyn more and I had an extra Azama, so I gave her the good old Dazzling Pain build to support her family! Martyr helped her heal after tanking that bow cav. Spd/Def Bond is also deceptively helpful in her survival. Her Drive Atk was also needed to support her sister-in-law against the later green mage. Her Miracle tanking was also the best way to deal with the Bold Fighter armour, since Sigurd would fall to Luna. Sigurd also needed his special charged so the tin can would attack a defenseless Ethlyn instead.

-Also as tanky as Sigurd is, he does have a weakness of being susceptible to staff damage (he reduces magic but not staff damage). He would fall to the healer at the end., so once again Ethlyn proves her use by healing her brother up to prevent that. Also there's a bit of irony of him defeating Arvis's daughter...I actually kind of wanted Deirdre to do it but she just couldn't get there in time. 

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Oooh awesome stuff. Brave!Brave Roy returns! I bet you're looking forward to using the new refines for the CYL Heroes, can't wait to see those in action. Also really nice to see Clair, she needs more spotlight.

Yeah, the refines are great. Lucina and Roy will make good use of them. Roy will be hard to get into WoM range though. 

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So having a full themed clear for a LHB is a big achievement for me. This one took a few hours, it was the final night of this map so I kinda lost sleep on this, but I'm really proud of this.

Hope you could regain your sleep afterwards, but the clear is really cool.

Everyone is so tanky and Quan immediately starts ripping axe units apart. 

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, the refines are great. Lucina and Roy will make good use of them. Roy will be hard to get into WoM range though. 

Hope you could regain your sleep afterwards, but the clear is really cool.

Everyone is so tanky and Quan immediately starts ripping axe units apart. 

Yeah I just realised I forgot to reply about why I wanted Quan, it was mostly so I could do an Earth Emblem team, and I like his character and felt bad for him. His performance on this map sealed the deal on making me like him even more.

Also forgot to mention in the original post but Deirdre needed Chill Spd so Sigurd can double Julia. Her Spd is enough to prevent a double normally.

@mampfoid DEF Smoke is such an underrated skill, I love it. Still, the fact that it took not only that but +7 ATK from the Brazen in order for Roy to just barely be able to kill Julia is mind boggling. Seeing 3 blues accompanying Roy was a little weird but Clair and the Lucinas did an impeccable job clearing up the rest of Julia's forces. Especially Clair removing that armor. That irritating.... irritating armor.

@Xenomata I would never think to take Walhart to an Abyssal map. Ophelia and Celica are pretty amazing nukes with L!Azura's help but somehow he gets the kill on Julia. That build on Ophelia is just unfair. You almost can't even run anything else if you pull her.

@Ginko Really smooth Shiro clear. Love how you lined up Julia and had the special ready at the perfect time for her at the end. Everything just seemed to fall right into place for this one. From the kills to when the specials needed to be ready for each unit.

Your Kagero is so busted lol. It was kind of funny that for the dagger clear she pretty much did the exact same thing she did in the original one. Sothe is always fun to see and Kaze surprised me, I know he's merged but I was concerned he wouldn't have the power to oneshot Julia without a special. Then I remembered it was infernal.

@LordFrigid Nice use of Speed Smoke to bring Julia into quaddable territory. Outside of that little hiccup this didn't seem much more difficult than any of the other 1-turn clears of yours.

@kirauza343 Elincia was a force of nature in this one! Seeing her quad and dart around the map was a sight to behold. I loved how she chopped away at Julia and then warped away and made her move early. Julia was like "Oh you wanted me to move early?" and Elincia was just like "TOO LATE" and actually hit her 8 times and killed her while still having enough to survive the axe cav with 2 HP after being Panic'd. Just crazy. Brave Micaiah definitely pulled her weight but Elincia is easily the MVP. Makes me feel like kind of a Schmuck for having a +ATK Elincia and pretty much having never used her. Also kinda wish she was +SPD now haha.

@Alexmender A more traditional clear from you is nice every now and again too. Kinda similar to mine in that regard. That Pulse Smoke had me so jealous though. So unfair to be able to snuff out Julia's special so easily. Eirika did her thing but I was really impressed at how well Hilda could keep up with her. Excited to see how things go forward with her, especially once she gets some merges under her belt.

@Landmaster Man what can I say about that steamroll of a clear? Just... braindead almost. Elises damage is delicious now. Lyn melted both problematic enemies without breaking a sweat, Elise barely had to lift a finger and Keaton was just blowing everyone up. When you put him in range of Abyssal Julia I thought you were nuts but he really one-rounded her. He's a force of nature. I was thinking about building up Swordhardt but I want that extra +10 damage lol. The clear was amazing. You made that Abyssal map look like a run of the mill infernal clear.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Quadding for days. Your B!Cordelia being +SPD really helped here, the two of them were just x4'ing everything. The only thing that had me sweat was when M!Marth ate that brave lance near the beginning. I wasn't expecting the green mage to do so little to her on the following attack. She wound up coming back with a vengance. OG Cordelia wound up getting the finishing x4 on Julia to end the fight though. Seeing your units warp around the map was plenty fun as well.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner 1:46 Alone made my night. Best part of the video. The clear was nice too~

@mcsilas I love the cinematic feel of this clear! The majority of the clears has people darting all over the map sniping the reinforcements so having a clear where everyone literally stays in one area "holding the line" was unlike anything I'd seen and they did it so well. Everyone had eachother's back no matter how bad things got, even when all of the enemies dogpiled on you in that first turn (which was enough to make me sweat...). I really wasn't sure how you were going to come out alive. The synergy of this team was on point, saddens me considering everyone's canonical fate. I have to say Quan was a beast here though. Seriously he killed, if that's what a +RES/-SPD one can do maybe I should actually build up my +DEF/-SPD one.

@NegativeExponents- @Dayni @DLNarshen @daisy jane @Nanima @Hilda @eclipse @Quintessence @Usana

Alright guys, this is only the first of a lot of LHBs I have to cover. More will be coming throughout the days so be prepared for that. We're gonna tackle this one first because it's the most recent. 4 clears for this one but we'll do things in a different order today.

First up is the Morgan clear. From the get go I knew killing Julia with Morgan was not an option as she completely shuts him down. Due to this map's heavy emphasis on blue units I knew Amelia would be doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. She was going to need to be mobile while also being in place to kill Julia when the time came. So the biggest hurdle was figuring out when she was going to need to warp and what for. Roadblocks here and there made that difficult but one certain snag gave me the last push I needed to finally give her some long awaited SI. I hoped I wouldn't regret it and would you look at that? I don't. The map was cracked almost immediately after the SI drop. All I needed to figure out was how to survive a specific turn while near Julia herself which, with the help of Morgan's tome and Amelia's new prf, we were able to seal things up nicely as you'll soon see.

Next up is Serra. For this one I knew that Absorb would be useless but also that Julia would be much harder to kill with this team than any other so I had to do some critical thinking. I figured it out rather quickly but it was.. how should you say... a "Painful" solution if you know what I mean. 

Serra needed a Brazen skill for increased offensive power as well as Martyr to keep alive at a key point. Aside from that it was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I didn't spend half as much time on this particular clear as I thought I would.

And Matt's clear #3 this time. For the Matthew clear though It had to be Abyssal. Since his refine I've been waiting to test his true power and while Sothis was a great time, it wasn't enough. This batch of LHB's was going to satisfy me, so I charged in.

For this particular Abyssal L!Eliwood was going to be useless because of Julia so the whole "Ultimate Matthew" strat wasn't going to work. If he was going to do it it would have to be with his OG Team. Due to the nature of Julia, her B skill and pre-charged special I was really limited in how I could deal with this map with Matt. If this was going to work Julia was going to need to die immediately and Matt would have to survive the onslaught that would follow on the immediate EP after. The big issue was the freaking Bold Fighter armor. After trying countless B skills the key to surviving turned out to be a very simple SI of... yep.. you guessed it: Swordbreaker. After that everything fell into place. I needed a good bit of Drives as well as Chill DEF 2 on Genny to give Matt a bit more attack power but I'd already had all of that equipped so there was no real adjustment necessary. Feels really good clearing an Abyssal map with Matt's team.

For our special clear we have a Mothers theme. All mothers of FE characters led by, yep you guessed it: Julia's mom. This one by far took the longest and I was willing to give up at one point or another. This one was tough to crack, particularly Julia herself. Deirdre with all her RES and Distant DEF stacking couldn't survive Julia's Dragon Fang which made things tricky. That and keeping Karla alive, figuring out how to kill the armor, what to do when Julia started moving. So much in this clear worked against this team. Quite a bit of skill and seal swapping occurred before I made a specific move with Deirdre that seemed silly but turned out to being the key to victory. That and the SPD seal that allowed her to double the axe fighter early on.

I actually wanted to use this song instead of the one you hear. It fit much better but youtube is stingy and even though this song is already on youtube if I use it it gets blocked in all countries, so I was stuck with my backup song. Oh well. Enjoy all the same.

This is just one LHB of many. Look forward to another set in a day or so. Sooner if I can help it.

Cheers~

@Zeo Ooo love the Mothers clear, you did something I couldn't do and have Deirdre give Julia some scolding. I see you also notice how Deirdre's Spd just needs a little push in general for this map haha. Also love how you used Ethlyn as well, and there's something satisfying about using Physic across a tree. Karla was a force, using the power of the gale to be even more offensive.

Great to see Matthew's OG team tackle Abyssal with his Dagger. I kind of forgot that breaker skills can counter Fighter skills of a specific weapon type embarrassingly enough. Glimmer works great in taking foes quickly, kind of ironic since I remember you dissing his use of Glimmer in his BHB with Hector but I guess that was before Spy's Dagger. Matthew taking 1 damage from the sword horse was pretty funny.

Serra dished out the Pain as soon as she started. Martyr is pretty fun to use for self-healing, and it's something that the 'colourless mages' can do that other mages can't. Taking out Julia quickly was impressive. Combining that with Brazens was a really smart idea!

Amelia sure stepped up to the plate in the first video. Her monstrous powers just went up a new level. Love how you used position to form WoM beacons to help the warping strategies. Funny how the video that showcased Amelia's new toy is the same day I finally used one of my DC fodders as well (H!Myrrh). Also nice Aldnoah Zero music use.

Yeah Quan seemed underpowered compared to other prfs at the time but boy does his massive Atk (and hidden stat increases) make up for it. +Def would've been such a better boon than +Res, I'm kind of jealous haha. I wish I thought of Heavy Blade sooner though, would've saved me at least 2 hours, I forgot it existed since Tibarn usually claims it. QR is the such a godsend for Spd bane units- I rarely upgrade Subakis to 5 star for the full QR line, but Quan deserved it (and he needed that threshold QR3 provided anyway). Also I'm running low on Subakis so might as well get the full potential of that fodder. Also the Shining Bow cav was really annoying since true damage threatens most of my team (and Deirdre can't take a physical hit) so I needed to bait him out and away from the rest of the team to delete him straight away.