Legendary Hero Battle: Alm, Saint-King

LordFrigid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared Infernal with the usual Julia+B!Lucina+L!Ike power trio, with L!Lucina as the spare of the week. It took some work figuring out to negotiate each of the reinforcement waves, but Radiant Aether and Future Vision pulled their weight as always.

Stomped on Abyssal in front of my friend today. Went easily once I stacked enough Atk on Nino to kill the Sword Cavalier on turn 1.

And who needs to double Alm anyway? Blazing Thunder Reinhardt took him out without effort.

Funny thing: the Red Cavalier preferred to attack LH!Azura over Nino, which amused me.

I have to say it was one of the "easier" battles, not as frustratinng as LAzura's or Yune's were, but still GHBs in infernal are still really challenging. Did one round with Xander, Reinhardt, BLyn and GreenMageAzura and one round with Fjorm, Olivia, Reinhardt and BLyn. Thankfully Alm's resistance is poor so Reinhardt could oneround him with glimmer / moonbow. 

Shocklingly, for how absurdly powerful Alm is, this battle actually used generally the same strategy as my Infernal clear. The key, however, was a skill I've not thought about in a while: Drive Atk.

Decided to do a play-by-play first, then record me actually doing it later, since I wanted to do it a little faster than my initial clear (which ended in my picking off the remaining foes and then moving out of harms way.

Play-by-play (including unit builds):

Spoiler

Units (all skills/seals are at their max possible level unless noted):

• Celica +10 (Ragnarok [skill], Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 4, Desperation, Spur Def, Brazen Atk/Res)
  • Lucius +10 (Pain [Dazzling], Physic+, Earthfire Balm+, C Duel Infantry, Wrathful Staff, Savage Blow, Savage Blow)
  • Adrift Female Corrin +10 (Draconic Rage, Rally Atk/Spd+, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Null C-Disrupt, Drive Atk, Spd/Res Bond)
  • Legendary Azura +8 (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Growing Light, Iotes Shield, Wings of Mercy, Hone Atk 4, Earth Dance)

Starting Position from left to right: Celica, Lucius, Corrin, Azura.

Player Phase 1: Move Celica right below the bottom-left breakable wall, Lucius below her. Move Corrin into the range of the Blarblade Mage and Panic Cleric. Azura moves to Corrin's right and refreshes her. Corrin remains in place.

Enemy Phase 1: Cleric attacks Corrin. With Null C-Disrupt, Corrin is able to retaliate and kill her. Corrin and Azura are Panicked. Blarblade Mage is killed on attack regardless. Green Brave Archer breaks bottom-right wall. Brave Sword Cav breaks bottom-left wall. Raudhrraven Mage moves two down. Ridersbane Knight and Slaying Axe Flier spawn on the bridges.

PP2: Celica moves to Corrin's left and attacks the Cav. Lucius finishes them off from above the Flier. Corrin moves below Azura and attacks the Knight. Both are weakened, but Corrin can finish him off next EP. Azura refreshes Celica from her right, who then moves to Lucius's right to one-round the Flier.

EP2: The Knight initiates against/is killed by Corrin. The Mage attacks Azura, but is killed. This is why Drive Atk is necessary. Archer moves down, to the upper-right breakable wall's left, and Alm is diagonally up/left to them. Slaying Hammer Axe Cav, Harmonic Lance Inf, and Bolganone Mage Cav spawn.

PP3: Corrin moves in to kill Archer. Azura refreshes her before Celica moves in to Reposition her. Corrin moves to Celica's left and uses Rally A/S+ for good measure, before Lucius moves to Corrins left.

EP3: Mage Cav moves in to attack Celica, who lives with 1 HP and kills on retaliation. Alm moves two spaces left, Lance Inf right below Alm (next to upper-left breakable wall), and Axe Cav to Lance Inf's right. Safeguard Dragon and Slaying Bow Cav spawn, Bow Cav spawning above Celica.

PP4: Celica kills Bow Cav one space left where she starts the phase. Azura refreshes her, and Lucius moves to where Celica started the phase to let her kill the Dragon. Corrin simply moves onto the rightmost bridge.

EP4: Alm and Lance Inf move two spaces right, and Axe Cav moves right to the unbreakable wall.

PP5: Lucius moves to down and right of Axe Cav to attack him and weaken Lance Inf for Celica to kill. Azura refreshes Celica from below her, who then moves to Azura's right to kill off Axe Cav. Corrin moves below Lucius.

EP5: Alm breaks the upper-right wall from one right where he started the phase.

PP6: Corrin uses Rally A/S+ on Lucius to ensure enough damage is done that after Pain+ damage, Celica can simply move in and kill her husband (Future husband? Does it count if one isn't married yet, but the other is?)

I wish it could have been themed better, but... well, Celica killed her husband, so does that count?

Edited by Xenomata

So I just Ophelia cheesed this map (see pfp). 

I wanted to try one round clearing this, but I don't have L!Hector and this map decided to put Guard on the half of the units.

I was thinking of using Slaying Bow, QP, and Velouria support to drop Blazing Flame on the blue mage and cavalier to get the cav out of guard range and WoM from there, but that's too much investment right now. Even then my Velouria isn't strong enough to one round anything.

I had to do a bit of improvising with it, but Phoenixmaster's new video helped me clear abyssal! I wanted that pretty gold sun bun hat. XD

He uses Olivia to chip damage Alm at the end though, so if you have to use a Brave Sword Olivia to lower her Spd so the blue mage goes towards her at the beginning, you'll probably have to find another way to kill Alm since Brave Sword is weaker than Silver Sword. And what I did was use Olivia's Hone Atk buff on Reinhardt. It was just enough to one-round Alm. Though you'd need Death Blow 3 (or 4, I suppose) and +Atk on Rein as well as Olivia's buffing.

Edited by Anacybele

Not going to forget this time, the sound is a bit out of sync in the beginning. It happens whenever I add music, but it evens out later on. Sorry about that!

Explanation is a bit long, so I'll spoiler it~

Spoiler

Whilst getting cucked by Alm on his Banner, a full Green circle blessed me with a Winter Fae. And boy was her first day probably one of the roughest, joining an Abyssal squad already. But she defs earned her place.

Keaton’s role was a bit different than you usually expect. He needed to give Tiki Hone Atk Buffs that she originally got from Myrrh for the kill on the blue mage, but since I had to remove Swap from her, she wasn’t able to stay in her starting place. Drive Spd also needed to keep Fae from being doubled later. Growing Wind ended up being the key to taking on Alm and the Lance Fighter since Keaton needed to not waste his Special during combat and we needed that chip damage.

This Galaxy Brain looking Tiki needed to forgo Bold Fighter for Escape Route and needed Smite for some fun shenanigans you’ll see later.

Myrrh needed Hone Armor mainly to give Fae more Spd than she needed Atk to avoid some potentially deadly doubles. Also needed QP because she needs the Healing from Aether, but it has to go off a turn earlier than it usually would.

And Dear Fae, the first time I ever did a Support for a clear. I needed to Support her with me and marry her to Myrrh to give a needed HP and Def Boost, Earth Blessing was given so she could benefit even more Def from Tiki, Svalinn Shield to take on that horrible Axe Cav, Hone Atk because Myrrh otherwise misses a kill by 3 HP on the Red Cav, Fortify Armor so Myrrh could forgo needing her DD3, and WoM and Smite for shenanigans

@mampfoid

This one racked my brain and my funds (spent my last Coins on that Hone Atk Seal that I thought I already had AND Spd refined Lightning Breath for Fae that she’ll likely never need again but it was worth it). I was honestly terrified after I finally got Fae to survive that Axe Cav only to see Keaton couldn’t kill it, but the day ended up being saved with the shenanigans~

Now for the replies, sorry they're late but I wanted to do everything at once~

On 4/27/2019 at 4:57 AM, LordFrigid said:

This map is evil. Needing to break the Marth/Caeda support was annoying.

Great work! That Spd Smoke on Azura really helped get that quad on Alm~ I’m so tempted to try to get Brave Roy with how awesome he is on these one turn clears!

Of course we have to have Celica taking on Alm~ Savage Blow to secure those kills was a great strategy, great work!

On 4/27/2019 at 5:19 AM, Nowi's Husband said:

Your Nowis did great! Nice blocking that Bow Cav in at the bottom to keep him from doing any damage~

On 4/27/2019 at 7:03 AM, ChickenBits said:

I was able to clear this map using the Duck Squad. I needed to fiddle around with placement and seals before I got anywhere close to clearing this.

Yune put in so much work, especially since she was the only one capable of taking on Alm. Fear the glacies. This team is a lot of fun to use~

You can tell when I started to forget what I was doing. Also I may or may not have tried to get exact dmg for Alm

Yune taking out Alm was quite impressive! That was a wild goose chase trying to escape him the whole time. Great job to duck Squad

On 4/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Tricky to figure out, but did it in the end. I tried various attempts to use the sword cav, but that never quite worked (stupid guard...IS really must be trying to limit 1-turns). But in the end, attacking the Green Bow with Morgan ended up doing the trick! Didn't even matter that he had guard too!

Great work with your placement and timing for these kills. Guard is pretty annoying to deal with for these, nice finding a way around it!

On 4/27/2019 at 2:34 PM, Nanima said:

Music: 1. Lost Elf theme 2. Dark Solas theme - both from Dragon Age Inquisition: Tresspasser

I was at first a bit intimidated by this map, since it took a little tinkering to clear Inferal, but once I got the right starting position everything fell into place quite quickly. I felt a bit bad about having Leanne take a hit during this, usually she is left unharmed after all. But thanks to her high resistance it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Alm really was a stubborn boy. I thought about making Naesala double him, which is trivial compared to Ryouma, but I decided this way was more cathartic for me. Thankfully I also managed to give Reyson his mandated kill. 

So, after this one, I still have to do Marth and Hector, so be on the lookout for those clears. Hope you enjoyed!

This was an awesome and fitting theme for such a tough battle. Not that it looks like it gave the birbs much trouble. Tibarn gives his early rampage to keep the team from being overrun right away. Leanne’s high Res is needed to protect the boys and she sticks it through. Naesala takes a lot of his during his battles but nothing that isn’t healed later. Quite the wombo combo needed to make Alm finally go down, but they pulled it off and Reyson got the final kill! That was really awesome to watch, birb team never ceases to impress!

23 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Alm himself is a huge pain and the wall made maneuvering a little difficult, but overall it’s not the worst Abyssal map ever. I feel like the reinforcements weren’t anywhere near as bad as some of the others, and I appreciated the only armor unit not having a fighter skill. The distant guard blue mage was a huge pain though. 

I feel like the hardest part was figuring out how and where to get Camilla into wings of mercy range (and boy did I cut that close). Most of it fell into place after that without too much trouble, but damn Alm’s speed was painful. 

I find anyone who brings fliers to a map like this is really brave, but your ladies had nothing to fear. L!Azura being left in danger cut it a bit close but she shows off her offensive capabilities. Elincia and Camilla ran through everyone fearlessly, awesome clear!

23 hours ago, Maaka said:

Here is my one-turn clear. Was pretty difficult getting Cordelia's attack and speed up enough to double and kill Alm, but it worked out well in the end. Only an F!Robin had to die for blue tomebreaker for this clear.

Hide contents

Yaaayy Maaka! Peri was great and using Liliana with Raventome for the finisher is something we don’t see often~ Congrats on the one turn!

19 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Blazing Blade fans rise up!

I built this Eliwood on a whim because I fell in love with his new refine - little did I know he'd fit in with my primary team seamlessly. Naturally he is supported with B!Ninian, who also got some upgrades.

So, the map. I expected L!Alm to have some gratuitous stat inflation, but good lord, 62 Atk and 51 Spd before any buffs? Both doubling him and tanking him were obviously out of the question, so I had to get creative with Galeforce and Dance so I could attack him twice in one turn, as well as figure things out so no one would die to the Green Bow - this required rushing down the Cleric while under Panic, which meant avoiding giving Titania the Joint Hone Spd buff, hence the wonky positioning at the start. Once L!Alm and the Cleric were dead and I could survive that turn, all the enemies just fell over to my team's hyper-offense setup.

Impressive Eliwood you have there! It was super clustered super fast but your team pretty effortlessly took all their foes down before getting overrun. I owe a part of my clear to you seeing your use of Growing Wind on your Grima. Titania takes a lot of hits but she more than has the bulk for it after some debuffs. Ninian even gets her own nice kill in. Timing Eliwoods Galeforces for those final kills worked amazingly, and that last kill from Ninian was perfect. Fantastic clear!

18 hours ago, Jave said:

No Abyssal yet, but here's my Infernal clear. All the more reasons why Swordhart, V!Roy and Bunny Veronica are awesome.

Your team is indeed awesome, Null Follow Up can’t save Alm from a Brave Bow. Veronica fears neither color triangle nor bow. And Reinhardt’s always a force to be reckoned with, great job!

On 27.4.2019 at 9:16 PM, kirauza343 said:

That bird Laguz mobility worked amazingly well, and the healing from both herons kept everyone nice and healthy! Way to make a tough map look easy. 

Alm himself is a huge pain and the wall made maneuvering a little difficult, but overall it’s not the worst Abyssal map ever. 

I was surprised at how great of a time they had here. Goes to show that so long as they have a decent amount of free space, they can't really be stopped.

Wow Camilla did most of that herself. Bladetome is just so powerful! Elincia had some impressive kills as well. Your girls really made this very enjoyable to watch!

@Landmaster Armoured baby dragons unite! (plus their big guard wolf) That is such a cute collection you have there! They really did well, despite all the close calls. It showed just how tough they are to take so much abuse over the course of such a long battle. You can be really proud of them!

@Robert of Normandy. Eeeeeeeeh whoa. Doubling Abyssal Alm is no mean feat and Morgan barely surviving the archer was a good way of getting everyone in place.

@Nanima A challenging map for birds with Alm being a speedy bow monster. Still you did a good job dancing around him till the bird kings could repeatedly hit him. 

Also the hero merrit of your bird kings are impressively high for such new heroes. My Roy and Seliph are about the same level and they've been doing work for a long time.

@Landmaster Ow wow. Some of those enemies are really sturdy. I was surprised at how little LTiki did on the initial redcav. Still your team did great with some lesser seen skills. Did't think i'd be seeing little Myrh smite people around the battlefield. Escape route is also always cool to see.

No abyssal for me and I don't see it coming for a good while either seeing how Alm is such a monster. Even Robin is not having a fun time with him on Infernal. He does however have fun against the rest of the map with all those reds and colourless. Lilina is a nice super nuke and Seliph is his reliably tanky self.

Abyssal Alm in one turn: 

Grand comeback of Pass!

Took me a while because I had a travel weekend, but in the end it was a nice puzzle.

Elincia needed Summoner C to stay above 25% HP for Pass. Steady Blow or some other expensive SI would have worked as well. Cherche needed ATK+3 Seal, a DEF smoked Alm, Hone ATK and Goad Fliers to get a perfect 100% boss kill done. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Some replies (have to check the rest later): 

On 27.4.2019 at 10:57 AM, LordFrigid said:

This map is evil. Needing to break the Marth/Caeda support was annoying.

It is, Alm is evil and hard to take down. For me it was a nice diversion for yesterday afternoon.  

I also tried the Lunge thing first, but I had trouble to reach the archer. Caeda quatting Alm is some crazy stuff, congrats! 

Btw: Also nice Celica clear She had no problems doubling Alm. 

On 27.4.2019 at 5:36 PM, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid

Open map means I get to field my horses again. Cecilia needed the Fortify Cavalry to tank the Brave Bow archer and Roy doing double duty on both phases.

Hide contents

And for an added bonus, here's the Abyssal clear: Reinhardt plays with fire.

Hide contents

Yay for the Cavs! I see they had fun with the reinforcements. 

Congrats to your Abyssal clear! Glad to see Bridelia and Reinhard still get the big stuff killed. 

On 27.4.2019 at 6:17 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Tricky to figure out, but did it in the end. I tried various attempts to use the sword cav, but that never quite worked (stupid guard...IS really must be trying to limit 1-turns). But in the end, attacking the Green Bow with Morgan ended up doing the trick! Didn't even matter that he had guard too!

Wow, really impressed by this one. Didn't think you'd get this done so fast and always with the same squad! Using Morgan as a WoM beacon worked again, I always forget I could use ranged units as well. 

Congrats! 

On 27.4.2019 at 8:34 PM, Nanima said:

Hope you enjoyed!

Of course I did! Birds taking down the new king of archers, congrats! 

I nearly forgot Alms null-follow-up would cancel Tibarns weapon, it took a full team beating to take him down finally. 

On 27.4.2019 at 9:34 PM, Maaka said:

Here is my one-turn clear. Was pretty difficult getting Cordelia's attack and speed up enough to double and kill Alm, but it worked out well in the end. Only an F!Robin had to die for blue tomebreaker for this clear.

I love this one! Too bad about the missed chance to use Astra on Lilina. 

Glad your freshly merged Peri is already working well. 

On 27.4.2019 at 9:16 PM, kirauza343 said:

Alm himself is a huge pain and the wall made maneuvering a little difficult, but overall it’s not the worst Abyssal map ever. I feel like the reinforcements weren’t anywhere near as bad as some of the others, and I appreciated the only armor unit not having a fighter skill. The distant guard blue mage was a huge pain though. 

Elinica and Camilla taking out the new OP archer, nice. Congrats! 

Those reinforcements look fun, I should do a themed clear perhaps. 

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I love this one! Too bad about the missed chance to use Astra on Lilina. 

Glad your freshly merged Peri is already working well. 

Awesome clear! I didn't even think about pass. Probably would have made it easier for me since I had so much trouble getting my units up to everyone.

Also wanted to use Astra, but I'm out of Virions and I need to save my Cordelias since I'm giving galeforce to like half my units these days. Was seriously considering it though, just to see the damage.

45 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Awesome clear!

Thanks! 

45 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Also wanted to use Astra, but I'm out of Virions and I need to save my Cordelias since I'm giving galeforce to like half my units these days.

I know that feeling. Virion is also important to inherit everything from Cordy together with Galeforce (TA3, Brave+ and recently Pass 3). 

On 28.4.2019 at 1:16 AM, Some Jerk said:

Blazing Blade fans rise up!

Your Eliwood looks awesome! I think he could have doubled Alm with the help of SPD smoke. 

Great clear, Eliwood brought his bride to take care of nasty fridges. 

16 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Not going to forget this time, the sound is a bit out of sync in the beginning. It happens whenever I add music, but it evens out later on. Sorry about that!

Explanation is a bit long, so I'll spoiler it~

Reveal hidden contents

Whilst getting cucked by Alm on his Banner, a full Green circle blessed me with a Winter Fae. And boy was her first day probably one of the roughest, joining an Abyssal squad already. But she defs earned her place.

Keaton’s role was a bit different than you usually expect. He needed to give Tiki Hone Atk Buffs that she originally got from Myrrh for the kill on the blue mage, but since I had to remove Swap from her, she wasn’t able to stay in her starting place. Drive Spd also needed to keep Fae from being doubled later. Growing Wind ended up being the key to taking on Alm and the Lance Fighter since Keaton needed to not waste his Special during combat and we needed that chip damage.

This Galaxy Brain looking Tiki needed to forgo Bold Fighter for Escape Route and needed Smite for some fun shenanigans you’ll see later.

Myrrh needed Hone Armor mainly to give Fae more Spd than she needed Atk to avoid some potentially deadly doubles. Also needed QP because she needs the Healing from Aether, but it has to go off a turn earlier than it usually would.

And Dear Fae, the first time I ever did a Support for a clear. I needed to Support her with me and marry her to Myrrh to give a needed HP and Def Boost, Earth Blessing was given so she could benefit even more Def from Tiki, Svalinn Shield to take on that horrible Axe Cav, Hone Atk because Myrrh otherwise misses a kill by 3 HP on the Red Cav, Fortify Armor so Myrrh could forgo needing her DD3, and WoM and Smite for shenanigans

@mampfoid

This one racked my brain and my funds (spent my last Coins on that Hone Atk Seal that I thought I already had AND Spd refined Lightning Breath for Fae that she’ll likely never need again but it was worth it). I was honestly terrified after I finally got Fae to survive that Axe Cav only to see Keaton couldn’t kill it, but the day ended up being saved with the shenanigans~

That was awesome! Smite and beaming shenanigans on top of so many close survivals. Your dragon babies and the big wolf certainly did some fine work here. 

I can see how this clear gave you some headaches. Switching support is one of the last measures to take. Kudos doing some expensive one-time SI in addition to the seal forges. 

Fae is really a great addition to the baby dragon club. Don't temp me to pull for her. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Alm in one turn: 

Grand comeback of Pass!

Elincia needed Summoner C to stay above 25% HP for Pass. Steady Blow or some other expensive SI would have worked as well. Cherche needed ATK+3 Seal, a DEF smoked Alm, Hone ATK and Goad Fliers to get a perfect 100% boss kill done. 

The Pass! Movement skills are always interesting to watch. Congrats on the clear! It was a close one.

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

The Pass! Movement skills are always interesting to watch. Congrats on the clear! It was a close one.

Thanks! I think it's always fun to see how those seldom used skills can help in Abyssal content. 

20 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Armoured baby dragons unite! (plus their big guard wolf) That is such a cute collection you have there! They really did well, despite all the close calls. It showed just how tough they are to take so much abuse over the course of such a long battle. You can be really proud of them!

Thanks! Yeah, it took a lot of work trying to get them enough strength to survive with limited Seal and C slots available, but they ended up prevailing, really proud of them~~

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

@Landmaster Ow wow. Some of those enemies are really sturdy. I was surprised at how little LTiki did on the initial redcav. Still your team did great with some lesser seen skills. Did't think i'd be seeing little Myrh smite people around the battlefield. Escape route is also always cool to see.

No abyssal for me and I don't see it coming for a good while either seeing how Alm is such a monster. Even Robin is not having a fun time with him on Infernal. He does however have fun against the rest of the map with all those reds and colourless. Lilina is a nice super nuke and Seliph is his reliably tanky self.

Yeah those damage reducing Specials can be a pain. I admit the Smiting was really fun

Loved this clear, Robin ended up doing great tanking Alm and Liliana is quite strong. We're used to your awesome Seliph and he didn't disappoint here either, that Miracle tanking gives him room to be a little reckless and it works for him. Good work!

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Alm in one turn: 

Grand comeback of Pass!

Took me a while because I had a travel weekend, but in the end it was a nice puzzle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

That was awesome! Smite and beaming shenanigans on top of so many close survivals. Your dragon babies and the big wolf certainly did some fine work here. 

I can see how this clear gave you some headaches. Switching support is one of the last measures to take. Kudos doing some expensive one-time SI in addition to the seal forges. 

Fae is really a great addition to the baby dragon club. Don't temp me to pull for her. 

That was great, keeping Elincia in Pass range looked pretty tough but you managed it! That perfect damage for Alm was great! Roy will be happy once he gets those new extra merges~

Thanks! Yeah, I should credit you for teaching me the ways of beaming~ I'm just glad the Summoner Support worked at B, I was thinking she'd need A for the extra Spd but turned out she was good~ You'll probably free pull a Fae at one point~

18 hours ago, Sasori said:

Also the hero merrit of your bird kings are impressively high for such new heroes. My Roy and Seliph are about the same level and they've been doing work for a long time.

I also use them for things like Chain Challenges, AR and included them in at least one TT (except Leanne who had to sit out for the bonus unit). I do keep them rather busy. haha

19 hours ago, Sasori said:

No abyssal for me

That Infernal clear was pretty awesome though. Matching the stats in Abyssal is an exercise in frustration most of the time sadly. Robin going toe to toe with Alm was still quite impressive. He had to tough out a lot. Lilina nuking and Ninian dancing were also invaluable for this clear and Seliph showed that his refine really was good for him. Congrats!

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Alm in one turn:

Neat! Hector doing his signature yeeting, Elincia and Roy cleaving through the enemies and Cherche just laughing at Alm's B skill. It was all very entertaining as usual. I didn't know Null-Follow up was useless against Brave Weapons. Interesting. They'll have to come up with new ideas if they really want to stop you. haha

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I nearly forgot Alms null-follow-up would cancel Tibarns weapon, it took a full team beating to take him down finally. 

Yeah, that was pretty unfortunate. I could have speed stacked Naesala again (far less effort than Ryouma), but in the end it wasn't needed.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks! Yeah, I should credit you for teaching me the ways of beaming~

Not needed, I think everyone can learn that fast by themselves. I only bring the message that it's fun. :-)

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

They'll have to come up with new ideas if they really want to stop you. haha

Please no ... haha. It's bad enough that null-follow-up cancels multiple levels of skills, like the classis combination of QR+Breaker. 

I have just noticed something awful on the map requiring immediate attention. (spoilered for image size)

Spoiler

c1fa11cd36.jpg

You see this Sword Flier in the Abyssal Map? Let's look at his kit.

40 base Def, Safeguard+ refined for Def, Earth Boost, and Distant Defense. He hits a disgusting 60 Def if you attack him (66 if it's ranged, but he can't counter).

...Now look at his Special.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

Intern kun goofed. Free Orbs!

I know I'm late, let's just say I got a liiiitle busy grinding in another gacha.

Anyways, time for some replies:

@kirauza343 Flier Emblem is going strong as always. Those Elincia quads were very satisfying to see and Camilla just nuked everyone out of existance with the sheer might of her Blade tome. Very nice clear!

@Landmaster Holy hell that was impressive!!! No dancer and 3/4ths non +10 armor emblem is certainly a feat! The teleporting shenanigans were very fun to see and damn was that a close one when Myrrh survived at 1 Hp, really great stuff! Also it seems we had similar ideas when it comes to video music!

@mampfoid Very clean! Cherche dealing exactly 80 damage was the highlight this time, but abusing the red cav Escutcheon to proc Galeforce with Elincia was a very good strategy! Impressive as always!

- - - - - 

Alright, this one took a while to figure out because a previous attempt I had done was practically forcing me to have a +Atk Eirika to kill the lance fighter and I was forcing myself to go that route. Turns out I forgot the skills I used during that time so I had to change my strategy and this came up. 

I'll leave two little question for fun. During a certain turn I move a unit in a way that seems kinda off, but it can be considered the most important movement in to clear this map. Who was the unit that had that movement and why?

@mampfoid Even reading your description beforehand, I was surprised to see Pass work at the HP threshold it did -- I always thought you need 50% or more.  Goes to show how under-used it and Obstruct are.  Do you plan on going for any more Roy merges on the CYL banner?

18 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I have just noticed something awful on the map requiring immediate attention. (spoilered for image size)

Hide contents

c1fa11cd36.jpg

You see this Sword Flier in the Abyssal Map? Let's look at his kit.

40 base Def, Safeguard+ refined for Def, Earth Boost, and Distant Defense. He hits a disgusting 60 Def if you attack him (66 if it's ranged, but he can't counter).

Er-hem~

The Dragon riders are clearly women~

And look at the galaxy brain on this one~

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Holy hell that was impressive!!! No dancer and 3/4ths non +10 armor emblem is certainly a feat! The teleporting shenanigans were very fun to see and damn was that a close one when Myrrh survived at 1 Hp, really great stuff! Also it seems we had similar ideas when it comes to video music!

Alright, this one took a while to figure out because a previous attempt I had done was practically forcing me to have a +Atk Eirika to kill the lance fighter and I was forcing myself to go that route. Turns out I forgot the skills I used during that time so I had to change my strategy and this came up. 

I'll leave two little question for fun. During a certain turn I move a unit in a way that seems kinda off, but it can be considered the most important movement in to clear this map. Who was the unit that had that movement and why?

Thanks and yeah, SOV music is great so it was only fitting to use some, yours was a great choice, too!

Wow, you hadn't even gotten the accessory before recording, shows you had some confidence with this one, even if it wasn't your first attempt. Looks like you had every reason to be, this was a great clear. I see where you may have needed an Atk boon when it came to that Red Cavalier, but you still managed to make it work! The part where Eirika took on that full legion of enemies was the best part!

As for the weird move, hard to tell for me. Everything looked so intentional as far as I could tell. The strangest thing to me was Dancing Kaden and not moving him anywhere afterwards, but I feel like it couldn't be that since you've done it in other clears. Then I thought when you repositioned Azura out of the way of the Panic Cleric since she probably wouldn't have died there but it would have ruined Eirika's buff so it seemed like an obvious move~ I think I'm stumped, haha~ You make it look too flawless ;3