Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm taking a break from posting, watching and commenting GHB/BHB/MHB/LHB clear videos. 

In the last weeks I was busy with RL stuff and in the few time I could play Heroes, I didn't have much fun (I'm kind of bored). While I won't quit completely, I will try to do some other stuff in my free time (original/interesting suggestions are welcome) and my first step will be to ignore the Heroes War Room. 

Sorry everybody who tagged me in their clears, I know those are a lot of work and sharing cool solutions is part of the fun. I've always enjoyed doing this stuff, so I hope you guys will keep on your great work. 

No probs, enjoy your break!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@mampfoid Hey, being the first one to do this, I have to say I'm amazing that it took you close to a year longer than me to achieve burnout. Take it easy and enjoy your rest and vacation. You'll find that the game will have new life breathed into it when you return, weather that's a week, a year or six months. I don't know if I'll be here when you get back, but you never know~

I won't tag you in my clears anymore to avoid clutter if you like, but there's one last set of clears I'd like you to watch if you can muster up interest of course. That'll be the Naga set of clears. I won't tag you for Duma, Astram, Tibarn/Cain etc, but I will tag you for Naga. It's a set worth watching, and I think a good way to send you off if you won't be watching/commenting on clears anymore.

I have to say that I think I'm going to shift gears myself. I'm going to go ahead and wrap up clears after this month. The returning LHBs at the end of the month have some clears I never got to do before I quit and I have some in my backlog so I'm going to do all that, then I think I'm done again with the recorded clears. The novelty of it has just about worn off, I've proven my Matthew's strength and it's starting to feel like a hassle again, only a worse one since I have a job now. So after the end of month LHB I'm going to be done again, as well as be done summoning outside of free summons and Lyn merges. I want to see just how disciplined I can be in this game and weather or not that will be rewarded.

Anyways, see you man. Enjoy yourself.

Figures I'm stranded on 949 points in Allegiance Battles this week when it's orb week. That's with perfect bonus score so I'm going to have to scrounge up some base arena score somehow because one orb is worth it - that unmerged Legendary Roy is really a boat anchor when it comes to scoring.

53 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Not only is Fallen Mareeta the only one from her banner not to reoccur yet, but Nah has already reoccurred. Come on, she's hardly Luke/Saber tier.

It's still 12 months too soon to be comparing her to Saber and 21 months too soon to be comparing her to Luke. Hell, it's even 9 months too soon to compare her to Linde.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@mampfoid No problem, I think it's fair enough because even me still have to take hiatus from game sometimes too.

Feel free come back anytime or just leave some comment is fine too. In case you don't really have time to do your clear video.

20 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid I always loved seeing how you could clear stuff that seems impossible in 1 turn but it's good to take a break every once in a while. I also am having tons of trouble responding to videos as I try to balance RL, 3H and FEH/FGO.

Hope you find something fun to do in your free time and good luck with RL! 

Thanks and glad you enjoyed them. 

I'm not even playing 3H and FGO, 3H may be an option one day though. 

15 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

@mampfoid Hope you find a fun new hobby that can fill the void that Heroes isn't giving you at the moment. Personally I thought the first eight month of 2019 for Heroes were kind of a snoozefest since just about every banner besides Fallen Heroes had characters I wasn't interested. It wasn't until the Archanea banner, the recent Forging Bonds event and hope of what could be on the next few New Heroes banners that got me really excited again.

I haven't watched all your one clear videos but I really enjoyed the ones I did see. Actually encouraged me to try out Galeforce myself (recently tried it on Catria and liked the results that ensued) even though the skill is hard to come by without sacrificing Cordelia. 

Anyways, good luck with RL stuff.

I'll find something. Didn't find a good book yet, but I started reading some comics (didn't do that for years).

I'm curious how they will conclude book 3 and how book 4 will look like. "New Heroes" banners never were the big thing for me, since I don't know most of the main FE games. 

Thanks! Glad you liked some of the vids and got to try GF through me. GF is not only fun in most modes, it also makes life in AR and Rokkr much easier. 

Btw: Cool dragons! I'm starting my weeks in Allegiance Battle with your fallen Tiki now. 

13 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Whatever is is have fun doing it and good luck, I didn't wach many of your clears and I don't comment on battle related topics often but from the ones I watched I was pleasantly surprised. 

Hey, thank you! I'm having some fun projects, but FEH is/was also filling some gaps in my daily schedule (in RL / real life) where other things don't fit. 

13 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

@mampfoid I don't really post in the specific map threads, but I still watch some of the clears sometimes. I remember your videos very well, even from before when I only lurked here and didn't have a registered account, they are very impressive and a good source of inspiration! Hope you have a nice break, whatever you choose to do.

Cool you liked my clears.

I'll give my very best, thank you! 

12 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid I'll miss seeing your tags the morning of a new map, but if you're bored I certainly wouldn't want you to force it.  You've been pumping out these one-turn clears for what, almost two years now?   Don't blame you at all for wanting to move on.  Unless the idea of collecting knick-knacks or playing golf (badly) appeal to you, I'm probably not the best source of alternative hobby ideas. x)

Haha, I still could tag you (but without a clear, that would be misleading). 

How do you collect knick-knacks? Snacks usually don't survive for long in my presence. 

Golf sounds fun, but I already have a sport I like to do and most sports can be done only at a certain period of the day. 

11 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

The One-Turn Club won’t be the same without it’s founder. Enjoy whatever it is you choose to do instead! I cast my vote for baking. Baking is fun, especially the part at the end where other people (hopefully) enjoy it. The internet has a lot of good recipes floating around.

I’m behind on clear responses too, tbh. I blame Three Houses.

You'll keep the One-Turn Club alive, I hope. If only to cheese stuff. 

Thanks for the suggestion! Baking is indeed a cool thing, I'm enjoying the results of the master bakers in my family. ;- )

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Hey, being the first one to do this, I have to say I'm amazing that it took you close to a year longer than me to achieve burnout. Take it easy and enjoy your rest and vacation. You'll find that the game will have new life breathed into it when you return, weather that's a week, a year or six months. I don't know if I'll be here when you get back, but you never know~

I wouldn't call it a burnout, more a boreout (even if that doesn't fit 100% either). Vacations are over already sadly, but thanks! 

I won't take a full break like you, I'll logon here from time to time, so hopefully we will have a chat once in a while.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

I won't tag you in my clears anymore to avoid clutter if you like, but there's one last set of clears I'd like you to watch if you can muster up interest of course. That'll be the Naga set of clears. I won't tag you for Duma, Astram, Tibarn/Cain etc, but I will tag you for Naga. It's a set worth watching, and I think a good way to send you off if you won't be watching/commenting on clears anymore.

Don't worry, feel free to tag me, but I won't comment in the war room from now until ... no idea.

Glad you found a cool theme for your clears again, I had trouble to maintain that for myself in the last period. 

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

I have to say that I think I'm going to shift gears myself. I'm going to go ahead and wrap up clears after this month. The returning LHBs at the end of the month have some clears I never got to do before I quit and I have some in my backlog so I'm going to do all that, then I think I'm done again with the recorded clears. The novelty of it has just about worn off, I've proven my Matthew's strength and it's starting to feel like a hassle again, only a worse one since I have a job now. So after the end of month LHB I'm going to be done again, as well as be done summoning outside of free summons and Lyn merges. I want to see just how disciplined I can be in this game and weather or not that will be rewarded.

Anyways, see you man. Enjoy yourself.

Haha, yeah, you can only go 0% or 120%, right? 

I'm not very disciplined in not summoning myself these days, so good luck holding your orbs together!

Also have fun in your job and thanks! 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid No problem, I think it's fair enough because even me still have to take hiatus from game sometimes too.

Feel free come back anytime or just leave some comment is fine too. In case you don't really have time to do your clear video.

Thanks and see you around! 

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

What sorts of approaches are people using for 150k damage Rokkr scores?

I'm using two units with TA, Brave+ and Galeforce to deal 2x quad-damage to Ephraim, a Galeforce Cav to kill the minions and a Witchy Wand unit to shut down the Rokkr's special and heal with double Breath of Life. First try got me 200k. 

Edited by mampfoid

59 minutes ago, Othin said:

Againt Nah, I am using Naga, Est, Leanne and Brave Eliwood.

Naga grants "Dragon Fang" to Est, so she can quad Nah with effective damage. Est also has Astra and Heavy Blade Seal. Leanne is for healing and to dance Est. Brave Eliwood's main role is to inflict Guard on Nah, thanks to Atk/Spd Ruse.

Against Ephraim, I am using Dancer Reinhardt, Reyson, Titania and Brave Eliwood or Lucius.

Reinhardt has Lancebreaker, so he can quad Ephraim, Reyson is just like Leanne (for dancing and healing), Titania grants buffs thanks to her Triple Tactics, and Brave Eliwood is for Guard Effect. Lucius has Witchy Wand, so he can do this job as well.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm using Catria, Est, Naga and Halloween Mia against Nah and against Ephraim I replace Naga and Est with Cherche and New Year Azura. My approach against pretty much all Røkkr bosses usually involves some combination of the Whitewings with Galeforce and Halloween Mia with Witchy Wand. Against dragon Røkkr I usually bring Naga as well. My main strategy for scoring high is quad hitting and Galeforce. Skills I often use are Triangle Adept (for taking less and dealing more damage to the Røkkr), Renewal (for some passive recovery), Obstruct (for restricting the Røkkr's movement) and Breath of Life (for even more passive recovery, there's rarely time to heal directly). I realize all my strategies are heavily reliant on Witchy Wand though. Everything gets much easier with some reliable way of stopping the Røkkr's Special from going off, I don't really know what I'd do without Halloween Mia.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Against Nah at least I have been playing on intermediate difficulty with Catria, Cordelia, a flying dancer and a horse healer with physic like Ethlyn. Catria has Whitewing Lance and the heavy blade seal while Cordelia has Brave Lance and both have Astra, Triangle Adept, Guard 2 and Goad Fliers.

Against Ephraim I use a similar setup except with Cherche and Haar instead.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Against reds, like Nah, Brave Lance+ / Triangle Adept 3 / Galeforce Cordelia with base-kit TLB!Mia support (Witchy Wand and Hone Fliers), while Reinhardt and LH!Azura run around handling the reinforcements. This gets 200,000 on turn 7 quite reliably. I'm thinking that something similar with Cherche should work for blues, but that's higher-investment, and I can't afford it right now.

11 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm currently throwing Catria, Est, Legendary Azura, and Halloween Mia at them. Catria and Est run this set:

Weapon with Brave effect
[whatever Assist]
Galeforce
Death Blow 3 / Triangle Adept 3
Seal Atk 3 / Seal Def 3 / Guard 3 / Renewal 3 / Obstruct 3 / Mystic Boost 3 / etc.
Goad Fliers / Ward Fliers
Threaten Atk 3 / Seal Atk 3 / Chill Atk 3 / Chill Spd 3 / Threaten Def 3 / Obstruct 3 / etc.

If at all possible, apply start-of-turn debuffs for -7 Atk and -7 Def. -7 Spd is optional unless you need it to double the boss.

Stack Ward until you take little enough damage, then put Goad on everyone else. If you don't have Witchy Wand, put Guard 2 or Guard 3 on all of your attackers and make sure to keep their HP topped off. Galeforce is there to let your units kill a reinforcement and then come back to hit the boss (doing so also shakes off Ephraim's Threaten Def debuff).

Mia should typically be standing between the two attackers when applying Witchy Wand and should have Breath of Life.

This is also doable with cavalry as long as there aren't forests in annoying places, though there is no cavalry dancer to add another Goad/Ward stack. You can also substitute out the dancer for a "roamer" that just runs around and kills problematic reinforcements. A cavalry bow or flying beast is usually a good choice for this role.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@mampfoid Well gotta say im going to miss your War Room threads and stuff. Nice to hear your just burnt out instead of bad stuff irl though(if that made sense)

is this secretly because they made Brave Roy too good

I usually didn't have much of a dedication when playing these games during downtime which made me burntout slower(although on flipside im not half as much of a hardcore player as some others, see: my Merit List only had 4-5 character at 6000 HM)

Granted i only have 1 freeday nowadays(had excercies during Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and Choir during Thursday)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@mampfoid Well gotta say im going to miss your War Room threads and stuff. Nice to hear your just burnt out instead of bad stuff irl though(if that made sense)

Made sense, everything is okey. ;- ) Not even really burnt out. 

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

is this secretly because they made Brave Roy too good

That's closer to the problem than you might think. Everything I liked got too easy or at least I can't find good ways to make them less repetitive, TTs above all.

The "new" difficult stuff (AR) never got me. I have zero motivation to optimize my defense or to pull for AR units/skills. 

Roy is awesome of course, he will always keep me coming back. 

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Granted i only have 1 freeday nowadays(had excercies during Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and Choir during Thursday)

1 free day isn't much, wow. I'd come back to the war room once if you'd make a choir edition clear. 

Finally I completed my first project in the game my Naga, I got one in her debut banner a +Atk - Hp I gave her DC and a flower and began using her in AR Astra seasons, then Julia's banner came and I got a +res one and I merged them. At this point she was in most of my teams. Today I got the last dragon flower and she is completed after some months, (still looking for another B slot and a merge or two would be nice but it doesn't matter that much to me). I still have two more semi completed dragons to do (3 if Nagi is counted) but here she is. 

Spoiler

Edited by SuperNova125

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Thanks for all the suggestions! I was able to hit 200k on Nah with Naga, Naesala, Legendary Azura, and Halloween Mia. Ephraim might be trickier, though.

I used a similar set up to @Ice Dragon. I run Catria, Est, Reyson, and Leanne. I highly recommend using Guard or Renewal on your damage dealers. If you have Guard, you do not need Witchy Wand and can just run 2 Herons for healing. If you are using Witchy Wand, then Renewal would be better so TLB!Mia can focus on inflicting Guard and not waste time healing.

Catria/Est
+Atk
Whitewing Spear / Whitewing Lance
Astra — Galeforce
Reposition
Death Blow
Guard
Ward Fliers
Sturdy Blow — Atk/Def
Either Special is fine. Astra deals damage on both Phases. Galeforce gives you more actions and flexibility, but at the minor cost of draining a bit more HP if you decide to Galeforce Ephraim since he would deal a bit more damage against your unit with his counterattack, so there is a risk you might go under Guard range if you have not stacked enough Def.

Reyson/Leanne
(Any Weapon)
(Any Special)
(Any A)
(Any B)
Ward Fliers
Threaten Atk — Threaten Def
I went with Threatens over Chills to make sure the Røkkr and not anyone else gets debuffed.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Reyson/Leanne
(Any Weapon)
(Any Special)
(Any A)
(Any B)
Ward Fliers
Threaten Atk — Threaten Def
I went with Threatens over Chills to make sure the Røkkr and not anyone else gets debuffed.

I liked how you mentioned the Herons with "any weapon"... because beast units have a lot of options for weapon, right? It's only their prf weapons or a weaker version of them, without the Spd+3 and healing effect.

For the current bosses, their base A skills works perfectly. Steady Posture on Reyson allows him to tank Ephraim better, and Mirror Stance allows Leanne to tank Nah better.  For them, I use Renewal on the B skill, because the Heron Wing weapon heals all allies within two spaces, but doesn't heal the user.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For the current bosses, their base A skills works perfectly. Steady Posture on Reyson allows him to tank Ephraim better, and Mirror Stance allows Leanne to tank Nah better.  For them, I use Renewal on the B skill, because the Heron Wing weapon heals all allies within two spaces, but doesn't heal the user.

I generally avoid using Herons to engage the Røkkr since their damage is pretty abysmal. I have them sit behind the nukes so the Røkkr is forced to fight the nukes who can deal more damage.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I liked how you mentioned the Herons with "any weapon"... because beast units have a lot of options for weapon, right? It's only their prf weapons or a weaker version of them, without the Spd+3 and healing effect.

I did not feel like typing out the rest of their skill set since it does not really matter.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I generally avoid using Herons to engage the Røkkr since their damage is pretty abysmal. I have them sit behind the nukes so the Røkkr is forced to fight the nukes who can deal more damage.

I use the Herons as a shield when my Nuke unit is a ranged unit. My Reyson has Steady Posture and Steady Stance Seal, so he can easily tank Ephraim and protect Reinhardt from being attacked. Also, if two units are in the Rokkr's range, and one of the units is the dancer, the Rokkr may prefer to attack the dancer, so Reyson's and Leanne's A skill can help them to survive the combat.

Nearly all my high-investment units are enemy phase tanks, so clearing the 150K reward has been...painful.  Nah wasn't too bad, but hoo boy, Ephraim.  I barely cleared it by having Narcian and Raven go back to using Emerald and Brave Axe respectively, while F!Grima did her best to clear out the reinforcements and Nanna with Absorb+double Breath of Life keeping everyone above Guard threshold.  I kind of want to pull for Halloween Mia now... 

I somehow broke the 150000 damage cap against Nah using a team of Brave Eliwood, Naga, Halloween Mia, and Brave Veronica on intermediate difficulty.

Ephraim will be harder.