Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm Rank 11 in my Outrealm for Sharena. I've been trying out some new Brigade units and the squad's one of my best. I've never cared much about Veronica but she really carries the team~ I wouldn't mind pulling one at some point~ 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

After looking through the +10 thread here, part of me wants to make Athena, Bartre, and Mathilda my next merge projects solely, as far as I know, because nobody's said that they had a 5* +10 of them here. Hell, if I somehow end up getting 8 more Ares, Legaults, or Libras, preferably miraculous 5* ones, or Jaffars then sure, that'll work too. I'm still going to wait until the next update is announced to see which characters are getting new weapons.

Edited by Kaden

What the hell!? According to the Fire Emblem wikia, IMDb, and Behind the Voice Actors, they're saying -- emphasis on saying as there's no footnote or anything -- John Rubinstein is the voice actor for Iago, Nichol, and Subaki in Fates where he went uncredited and Jaffar, Jagen, and Subaki in Heroes where he was credited as Walden James. Behind the Voice Actors also says he voiced Kotaro in Fates. The one John Rubinstein that comes up is a 71 years-old actor who's done film, Broadway, and composed for some films and theater.

If this is true, and I repeat my emphasis that there's no sources or evidence about this, then age-wise, Jagen fits, I guess Kotaro and Nichol work, and I'm not sure about Iago. Jaffar and Subaki? Subaki can't be older than 30 in Fates and Jaffar I'd say is in his early twenties at most. Subaki sounds fine and if anything "Walden James's" Jaffar, Jagen, and Subaki, shows the voice actor's range.That said, while I'm okay with Jaffar's voice where it works for a post-Blazing Blade Jaffar, this makes me wonder even more about what they were thinking when casting for Jaffar. Knowing that the voice acting and everything else in general was done in advance, if Jaffar was an early idea and with Roy being a launch unit, then maybe Ray Chase could have worked better, but it could have led to him sounding like a mixture of Gaius and Roy. His Noctis voice would work, though.

If it's not true, which it probably is without evidence, then it could just be some obscure voice actor who shares the same name as a famous actor.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

age-wise

If age is the only thing that bothers you, Kikuko Inoue, Deirdre’s Japanese VA, is 17 years old + 15,5xx-something days; Wendee Lee, the voice of Veronica, Lyn, and Maria, is 58; Lani Minella is 58; and so on. The actors are professionals, you know.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What the hell!? According to the Fire Emblem wikia, IMDb, and Behind the Voice Actors, they're saying -- emphasis on saying as there's no footnote or anything -- John Rubinstein is the voice actor for Iago, Nichol, and Subaki in Fates where he went uncredited and Jaffar, Jagen, and Subaki in Heroes where he was credited as Walden James. Behind the Voice Actors also says he voiced Kotaro in Fates. John Rubinstein is a 71 years-old actor who's done film, Broadway, and composed for some films and theater.

If this is true, and I repeat my emphasis that there's no sources or evidence about this, then age-wise, Jagen fits, I guess Kotaro and Nichol work, and I'm not sure about Iago. Jaffar and Subaki? Subaki can't be older than 30 in Fates and Jaffar I'd say is in his early twenties at most. Subaki sounds fine and if anything "Walden James's" Jaffar, Jagen, and Subaki, shows the voice actor's range. That said, while I'm okay with Jaffar's voice where it works for a post-Blazing Blade Jaffar, this makes me wonder even more about what they were thinking when casting for Jaffar. Knowing that the voice acting and everything else in general was done in advance, if Jaffar was an early idea and with Roy being a launch unit, then maybe Ray Chase could have worked better, but it could have led to him sounding like a mixture of Gaius and Roy. His Noctis voice would work, though.

I dunno how Iago and Nichol sound, but Subaki is definitely not John Rubinstein. I've met the dude and seen him perform and there's no way he could sound like that. In his youth perhaps, but he was a tenor and never could have done Jagen and Jaffar back then.

Here's his most well-known performance:

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If age is the only thing that bothers you, Kikuko Inoue, Deirdre’s Japanese VA, is 17 years old + 15,5xx-something days; Wendee Lee, the voice of Veronica, Lyn, and Maria, is 58; Lani Minella is 58; and so on. The actors are professionals, you know.

21 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What the hell!? According to the Fire Emblem wikia, IMDb, and Behind the Voice Actors, they're saying -- emphasis on saying as there's no footnote or anything -- John Rubinstein is the voice actor for Iago, Nichol, and Subaki in Fates where he went uncredited and Jaffar, Jagen, and Subaki in Heroes where he was credited as Walden James. Behind the Voice Actors also says he voiced Kotaro in Fates. The one John Rubinstein that comes up is a 71 years-old actor who's done film, Broadway, and composed for some films and theater.

If this is true, and I repeat my emphasis that there's no sources or evidence about this, then age-wise, Jagen fits, I guess Kotaro and Nichol work, and I'm not sure about Iago. Jaffar and Subaki? Subaki can't be older than 30 in Fates and Jaffar I'd say is in his early twenties at most. Subaki sounds fine and if anything "Walden James's" Jaffar, Jagen, and Subaki, shows the voice actor's range.That said, while I'm okay with Jaffar's voice where it works for a post-Blazing Blade Jaffar, this makes me wonder even more about what they were thinking when casting for Jaffar. Knowing that the voice acting and everything else in general was done in advance, if Jaffar was an early idea and with Roy being a launch unit, then maybe Ray Chase could have worked better, but it could have led to him sounding like a mixture of Gaius and Roy. His Noctis voice would work, though.

If it's not true, which it probably is without evidence, then it could just be some obscure voice actor who shares the same name as a famous actor.

To clarify Vax joke, Kikuko Inoue is actually 17 + 37

.....which well.... picture speaks louder than words

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Age doesn't bother me and I like Walden James's voice, but in the case of Jaffar who the developers I would assume would have provided an age range for him, it's kind of weird even though, as I said before, I like Jaffar's voice. At least you could say Hector sounds like a big dude with a big booming voice, but Jaffar would have to be a heavy smoker to be a late teens to early twenties guy with a voice like that.

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

I dunno how Iago and Nichol sound, but Subaki is definitely not John Rubinstein. I've met the dude and seen him perform and there's no way he could sound like that. In his youth perhaps, but he was a tenor and never could have done Jagen and Jaffar back then.

Yeah, I looked up videos on him after posting and I can't hear it. The closest would be Subaki, but that's still reaching far. Iago and Nichol sound like Jagen from what I checked.

At this point, I'm going to pretend Walden James is actually an Intelligent Systems employee who speaks English as his native language and gets casted for characters IS doesn't want to spend too much money on. Side villains? Get James on it. Cordelia, but if she were a man and a prick? James. An assassin who doesn't speak much? Walden, do everything!

Edited by Kaden

@mcsilasI'm low on friend list space and I can't take both your accounts, which one do you want me to add? Also bear in mind I have no problem alternating if you find that one account suddenly needs the support more.

@mampfoid Darn... I really should do that too... just to not have to be bothered with it. I can't auto Infernal+ but Infernal should be good enough with the horses with an S rank every time.

Now for the biggest Mass tag I've ever done, I'm doing this because I kinda want to open a discussion of powercreep on dagger units and weather or not that's a good thing given their current place and lack of relevance in the game (outside of the current "cheerleader" meta of arena where they shine rather bright if you bothered to invest in one.)

This isn't another one of those showcase posts where I'm doing a clear or even asking for help. My imagination got away from me and I wanted to see what I could come up with to create a powerful colorless dagger unit worthy to be used. It eventually went farther than that and became the desire to see how much is too much and what exactly daggers need to be good units. I want you to see what I came up with and critique it, but I also want to hear what you guys think daggers need to really become a threat and what impact you think the inheritable skills I come up with would have on the meta.

We're entering a very late stage of powercreep. When I first started working on this post we hadn't seen the new legendary Tiki. Now we've gotten our first real taste of a DC weapon with an additional effect which means the door is open for DC weapon refines. This is also after Flora's weapon got a whopping 4 effects. That being said I want you to think long and hard about what's acceptable in the game at this point before telling me what's OP. That being said, here's what I came up with. 2 colorless daggers on opposite ends of the spectrum. First being a favorite, the other entirely new. Let's see if I can break the game or if I'm not even keeping the status quo.

Brave Matthew

VvegesE.png

Spoiler

I've done a lot of spitballing and thinking about how I could make Matthew a universally viable unit with refines and inheritance, but I decided to really sit down this time and think about what I could give a juiced version of him in today's meta complete with inheritable skills and desirability. Here's what I came up with within the limitations of the game, but with a little powercreep.

• BST: 155 (Highest prev dagger BST = 152)
  • HP: 38 (Superboon) | ATK: 27 | SPD: 36 | DEF: 31 (Superboon) | RES: 23
  • Memento - At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 80%, inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.), If foe's Atk > unit's Atk, inflicts Atk-6 on foe during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Def/Res+7 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn.    
  • TempestBoosts damage dealt by 30% of unit's Def/Res. (Cooldown: 2) (Skill cannot be inherited.)
  • Vassal's Counter - Foe Can counterattack regardless of range. If foe initiates combat, unit gains +4 Spd/Def. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
  • Equalizer 3 - If unit's HP > 50%, Deals +10 damage when Special triggers and foe deals -10 damage when Special triggers.
  • Infantry Rush 3Infantry allies within 2 spaces gain: "if unit's Atk ≥ foe's Atk +1, grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"

Overview: Welcome to Gen 2 shuriken users. This revised version of Matthew stacks a couple of extra points of BST but sacrifices some HP any real increase of ATK to equalize his bulk and take a much needed leap in speed. His bulk while appearing mediocre is rather respectable for a ranged unit and his low ATK stat is offset by a powerful special activation further bolstered by his defenses. When attacked by a physical unit with a higher ATK stat his defense jumps to 41 and resistance sits at a modest 29. Memento's Rogue Dagger effect pushes this further to a max of 47/36. Then we factor in the Guard effect of Memento, effectively shielding him from being crippled by enemy specials and forcing them to chip through his defenses.

Moving to offense, his unique special: Tempest bases his damage off 30% of both defensive stats, which at base give him a flat 15. Which is modest, but also factoring in the potential increase for damage from his powercreeped Close Counter and Rogue Dagger buffs give him a ceiling of 21 damage. Still not too bad but for a 2 turn special it's pretty nice. Enter Equalizer 3, his new inheritable skill. This ability inspired by Special Fighter, while niche, fits perfectly into Matthew's kit. Gives not only a Wo Dao+ effect on any special of his choice, but also gives something not yet seen in this game, a reverse Wo Dao effect on the opponent if caught within it's perimeters. This ability not only cancels out the Wo Dao+ effect from abilities like Wrath, Bushido and of course the Wo series of weapons but applies a flat -10 in their absence. Meaning an enemy unit can potentially do even less damage with a special than they would attacking normally. EG. Foe does 10 damage, foe activates Sol, foe does 0 damage.

As a result we have a fast, imposing unit that can do high amounts of damage in a very short amount of time while being difficult to kill in a single round of combat, but can still be promptly dealt with by a great deal of magic users due to his modest RES and HP count. He does however have access to his powerful Tempest at 1 cooldown if he chooses to inherit the Barb Shuriken which can be dangerous with his Equalizer, but then we sacrifice bulk which is half of his functionality and while he has potent special activation, he relies heavily on it as his native ATK is still poor. As a final touch of support he comes with Infantry Rush 3.

Volke

OhbO1jA.png

Spoiler

For defense we have Arden, for Resistance we have quite a few tanky mages, but while we've come close we to this day do not have a true min-maxed offensive unit. This is what we should have had with Jaffar but we weren't there yet. What better unit to use for this than the fireman himself. Volke. His spread is supremely min-maxed offensively and as not only a dagger but a physical ranged unit. Despite this I did so while still staying within the confines of the game's BST limits, not even giving him a single extra point.

• BST: 152 
  • HP: 35 (Superbane) | ATK: 41 (Superboon) | SPD: 42 | DEF: 16 (Superbane) | RES: 18
  • Baselard: Accelerates Special Trigger -1, If unit's HP ≥ 50% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack. 
    if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.
  • Lethality: Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Atk. (Cooldown of 3) (Skill cannot be inherited.)
  • Special Blow - If unit Initiates combat, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1 attack. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.)
    Stillness - If any unit other than this unit was in foe's attack range, this unit takes 0 damage during combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
  • Infantry Flash 3: Infantry allies within 2 spaces gain: "if unit's Spd ≥ foe's Spd +1, grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"

Overview: Let me introduce the fireman. A true assassin. Here we have a truly min-maxed offensive unit capable of cutting through the toughest of opponents uncontested, true to the name of an assassin. He's introduced with an unmatched offensive statline of 41/42 which is not only unprecedented for a dagger unit but for any unit in the entirety of Heroes to the point of downright absurdity. Like an assassin however, he is only as powerful as unexpected offense. He trades his unrivaled offensive prowess in exchange for being one of the if not the most fragile unit in the entire game. Needing a mere 51 ATK to kill him in single hit. 

On the offensive side he takes a page out of Lewyn's book and applies the reverse Desperation effect to his weapon. It was either this route or a downright Firesweep Dagger+, problem is there would be no one else to take the Baselard. We trade the SPD+3 for a killing effect and the standard dagger debuff and you have a very potent weapon on a very potent unit right out of the gate. This bumps the cooldown of his personal special down to 2. Which by the way, we'll get to right now.

Lethality. The ability to instantly kill an opponent. It's not to be underestimated. Obviously such a broken skill could never make it's way into a game like Heroes, but it can at the very least represent the terror of which the opponent faces when forced to deal with this it. Being the first skill to trigger based on a user's ATK stat by percentage, the easiest stat to boost in heroes, it boosts based on a terrifying 80% giving it Black Luna levels of broken. Few if any units can survive such an attack. This is boosted more so by his inheritable A skill: Special Blow.

For his A skill I could have gone two routes. The offensive "Breath" series (Aka Death Breath, Armored Breath, Darting Breath etc.) which would be a reverse of the Steady Breath series or simply a 300 SP cooldown charge +1 skill in Special Blow. An offensive Breath series is cancerous in my eyes, but sacrificing the A slot for a blanket acceleration on initiation is more fair in my eyes. In Volkes case it, in combination with his weapon allows him a guaranteed Lethality on every round of combat provided he initiates provided he can double. If there's even a semblance of a chance the opponent could survive we could inherit Equalizer from B!Matthew which with it's +10 boost to damage would likely outright kill everything in the entire game.

This potent offense is not without it's drawbacks however. This perfect offense comes at a cost. His defenses are reduced to absolute zero. At 51/53 mixed bulk Volke has no enemy phase presence whatsoever. If he is attacked, he will die, if he fails to kill his target, he will die. He's also easy target for ploys and an especially easy target for chill skills. His last skill is a unique one which I want to talk about. Stillness. But I'll get to that once I wrap his synopsis. Stillness helps his non-existent EP by essentially giving him a Muspellflame effect if the unit attacking him also had one of his allies in range that they could have attacked instead. As a final touch of support he comes with Infantry Flash 3, mirroring B!Matthew.

About Stillness: A representation of both it and Shade from the Tellius games. What having this skill meant in FE10 meant was if the unit with it equipped was in range of an opponent and so was another ally, the enemy unit would prioritize the other ally instead. Due to obvious UI limitations a skill like this could never exist in Heroes. But it can in a fashion, work here. But I'm not sure about how it would work and what exactly that would mean in the sense of the game. First let's think about something like arena. With Volke, if all the units are sandwhiched together and you want to pick them off, you can't kill Volke unless he's the only unit in your range which is potentially horrifying in Arena. But forget that, let's think about the big picture: Rival Domains, Grand Conquest and Relay Defense. 

With modes like that where there are so many enemy units all at once, you've virtually never going to get a chance to safely dispatch him, meaning you're pretty much guaranteed to lose one of your units on the following EP. In the players hands, you can abuse Stillness to make the AI attack Volke forever because it'll prioritize him thanks to his abysmal bulk. This could be used to cheese basically the entire game due to the game's dumb AI. IS would have to specifically write an AI that avoided Volke (ala FE10) and prioritized your other ally if he was in range, which I'm not even sure is possible within the limitations of a mobile game like this.

Tell me what you think of these units. How they're balanced, the skills they bring to the table, how they would impact the meta (if at all) and if they would really have a presence at all in today's armor/dragon dominated meta. And while you're here, tell me what you think Daggers need to be viable in general and while we're there... what a dagger would need to rise to the top and become "meta".

Cheers~

@Zeo Matthew feels slow, I'd consider him a much quicker from FE7, at least 40+. Memento is busted with that buff/debuff, but if you go that way, it shouldn't give more that 6/6 to ally defense. I like Tempest though. 

@ZeoI think in my opinion, what Daggers need is a safe way to be able to attack and apply their debuffs while not getting slaughtered, not kill the enemy by any means or a way to do adaptive damage like Felicia, for Daggers that have low Atk or a way to mitgate incoming dmg . Meaning you can opt to go for full support/debuff or for a damage dealer or tank depending which skill you equip.

Windsweep and Watersweep arent cutting it and they dont work on all units and they freaking take up 3 slots if you need to bump your spd up ( A slot, phantom spd seal) in this crazy SPD town age.

In that regard we need 3 Dagger exclusiv skills imho, or refines.

I’m not sure to be able to analize if something is powercreep, but I can say a few things that I’d add for daggers @Zeo:

- Earthsweep (aka Myrrh’s Great Flame effect)

-Lifesweep: if opponent’s HP is => than unit’s HP, opponent cannot counterattack and unit can’t make double. (Daggers only)

-Counter Ploy: if foe’s Res is at least 1 point lower than unit’s Res, foe cannot counterattack. (Daggers only)

I’ve tried to balance it, so that for example Sothe, which has access to Water/Windsweep can’t use this skills. Matthew and Saizo could take advantage of the first one, and units like Jakob maybe for the third one I guess

I really like both Gaius and Jakob, so it would be nice to be able to use them. Even Matthew would be good to use without having to make him into a +10 monster and give him premium skills like close counter. It's something I have considered for Gaius, who is one of my favourites, but not something that will happen for a long time since I have other favourites who are just better overall (Reinhardt and Ares, for instance) who will take priority.

A Special Spiral dagger would be fun. Frees up the B slot for something like one of the sweeps. (Or sweep SS when so you can have both? Windsweep is too rare.)

@Zeo I do like the idea of rush skills with the daggers, although if they can somehow incorporate one of them as a weapon effect it would be fun.

Not really that expert in the meta but I view dagger as the 'for fun' kind of unit, which can be a shame if you want to be serious about things like Arena. I just think we need more busted effects for them to deal with armours- or just firesweep in general. Or maybe the Guard effect with a dagger could be a step, kind of like how you have Matthew's weapon but just as a simpler, inheritable weapon. Or a -blade dagger. Or a Special Fighter dagger.

....hmmm wonder what an armored dagger would be like.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micaiah is on the Legendary banner. Well it is inevitable... What nature should my 2nd +10 Micaiah be? I already have a +Atk/-Hp. Probably +Spd/-Def?

I really only like Red as far as pulling mass quantities goes. I don't have Bride Tharja, Karla is, imo, the best sword, and I only need a few more L!Ikes to +10 him for the double +10 during the Earth season.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Vassal's Counter - Foe Can counterattack regardless of range. If foe initiates combat, unit gains +4 Spd/Def. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

Foe can counterattack? Don't you mean Unit?

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Lethality: Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Atk. (Cooldown of 3) (Skill cannot be inherited.)

Cooldown would need to be 4 to match Dragon Fang since it is a super version of that. Similar to how Black Luna has a cooldown that matches Luna instead of Moonbow.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Stillness - If any unit other than this unit was in foe's attack range, this unit takes 0 damage during combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

Too broken. 50% or 80% reduction would be more balanced. In a chokepoint situation it would be possible to have multiple enemies under this condition but after the first one goes and lives, you could then force the remaining enemies to attack Volke because the 1st enemy is still occupying the tile they need to attack the "other unit" leaving only Volke as a target.

Other than what I pointed out, everything looks good. Although, at this point, you should make Matthew an Armor to give him more BST to work with. Otherwise his stats have that "nothing stands out" problem. Volke has monstrous offensive stats. Fitting for him.

@Zeo I like the new Matthew! I don't know if he would define a new meta (still no dagger expert), people could still sleep on him. But you would destroy Abyssal maps with these new abilities! 

I agree to @Hawk King, Vassals counter sounds like a penalty for Matthew? 

Volke seems interesting as well, a hyper offensive unit. Stillness seems fun to try out, it will result in running a super tank (Fortress everything) near him. Biggest game breaking potential here. 

Sorry if my answer doesn't match your post in length, but I was never much into theorycrafting. 

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micaiah is on the Legendary banner. Well it is inevitable... What nature should my 2nd +10 Micaiah be? I already have a +Atk/-Hp. Probably +Spd/-Def?

I really only like Red as far as pulling mass quantities goes. I don't have Bride Tharja, Karla is, imo, the best sword, and I only need a few more L!Ikes to +10 him for the double +10 during the Earth season.

Foe can counterattack? Don't you mean Unit?

Cooldown would need to be 4 to match Dragon Fang since it is a super version of that. Similar to how Black Luna has a cooldown that matches Luna instead of Moonbow.

Too broken. 50% or 80% reduction would be more balanced. In a chokepoint situation it would be possible to have multiple enemies under this condition but after the first one goes and lives, you could then force the remaining enemies to attack Volke because the 1st enemy is still occupying the tile they need to attack the "other unit" leaving only Volke as a target.

Other than what I pointed out, everything looks good. Although, at this point, you should make Matthew an Armor to give him more BST to work with. Otherwise his stats have that "nothing stands out" problem. Volke has monstrous offensive stats. Fitting for him.

that was basically my reaction. 
Love Miciah and im thinking this is proably when i finally get her. 
I got Karla earlier this week on the PA!Banner and i <3 her.  and I want Tiki (so basically lots of blues and reds and hopefully IS blesses me for all the money i gave them this week haha (and if they can somehow slide me an Amelia and another flying nino...)

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

HP: 35 (Superbane) | ATK: 41 (Superboon) | SPD: 42 | DEF: 16 (Superbane) | RES: 18

This requires level-1 stats and growth rates of:

HP: 13 @ 50%
Atk: 11 @ 70%
Spd: 7 @ 80% or 14 @ 65%
Def: 3 @ 30%
Res: 3 @ 35% or 10 @ 20%

No combination of these stats result in 45 points (both are 44) and 245% growths (both are 250%).

Also, both of those level-1 Spd values are ridiculous on opposite extremes. You wouldn't expect a unit with 7 Spd to end up with 42 at level 40, and 14 Spd at level 1 is somewhat absurd (Mia is currently the highest at 12).

It's pretty much impossible to both have a stat total on the high end for the class (Gen 2 ranged infantry is 150-152) and also have superboons at the same time due to why superboons exist. Superboons exist because a unit's neutral stats just barely failed to cross a growth threshold that gives an extra point (these occur between 25% and 30%, 45% and 50%, and 70% and 75%). Units with high stat totals are there because their growths ended up crossing as many of those thresholds as physically possible. These two are at odds with each other and are directly responsible for units on the low end of their stat total range having large numbers of superboons and units on the high end of the stat total range having large numbers of superbanes.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Lethality. The ability to instantly kill an opponent. It's not to be underestimated. Obviously such a broken skill could never make it's way into a game like Heroes, but it can at the very least represent the terror of which the opponent faces when forced to deal with this it. Being the first skill to trigger based on a user's ATK stat by percentage, the easiest stat to boost in heroes, it boosts based on a terrifying 80% giving it Black Luna levels of broken. Few if any units can survive such an attack. This is boosted more so by his inheritable A skill: Special Blow.

As @Hawk King has already mentioned, there is already the Dragon Gaze skill line that deals damage based on Atk. Dragon Fang deals 50% of Atk as damage and has a cooldown of 4, meaning Lethality would either need 50% with a cooldown of 3 or 80% with a cooldown of 4 to be balanced against Regnal Astra, Black Luna, and Radiant Aether.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

About Stillness:

There are two huge problems with your implementation of Stillness: (1) This skill is implied to be active on player phase, making it too easy for Volke to initiate combat. (2) A team of only Volke would be invincible.

I've suggested a skill effect for Shade before that does something similar:

Shade 1/2/3: Passive B. Dagger only. If unit's HP ≥ x%/y%/z%, unit cannot be targeted by foe if another ally is in range. (No effect if all allies in range have this effect.)

The UI constraints shouldn't be an issue. You can simply put a big X over the unit when selecting a target (like the exclamation points for effective damage). Stillness could simply be implemented as a version with no HP restriction.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

(2) A team of only Volke would be invincible.

I didn't even think of this, but I burst into laughter upon reading it.

Picture a 4 man comedy routine of Volkes decimating enemy teams. Volke is like a magician and the enemies are like children getting mystified by a ball in the cup trick. Always picking the wrong Volke to attack.

Just remembered something. Would the healers of SoV and Tellius gaining Soothing Light/Blessing as an effect for their personal staff, newly given or being introduced with and assuming they don't have already have something special like Sephiran having the Goddess Staff which would probably have its own unique effects be too powerful or okay as something unique to set them apart from the other healers? This is of course considering that they might have some other effect like a personal Trillema with Soothing Light.

I'm thinking about it mainly from Genny and I guess Mist since they have regular staves, they're from games with that skill, and the developers have yet to give any of the preexisting healers new staves. It would also have to be based on SoV's version of Soothing Light, "Restores 5 HP to adjacent allies at the start of each turn", instead of Tellius's Blessing: "Units adjacent to the user restore HP (equal to user's Magic) at the start of every turn." Could you imagine how busted that would be on Genny? A personal staff (14 Mt) and her base neutral attack (35) would let her heal 49 HP. Making it so it takes 50% of her Atk - 10 like Rehabilitate+ would still be a substantial heal from her; (49 / 2) = 24.5 where the it's rounded down and 24 - 10 = 14.5 HP restored. Still, it would be soothing to our souls just by standing next to a fluffy sheep. So, a massive heal from her would be appropriate. :p

Edited by Kaden